• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 199 Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 |OT| Stupid Sexy Rockhold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
~~~***<3 < 3 <3 Welcome everyone to the Luke Rockhold shrine, a place erected to pay tribute to MMA's no#1 senpai and middleweight champion Luke Rockhold <3 <3 <3 ***~~~

UyLivuW.png

Dear Luke,

It&#8217;s hard to know where to begin with this letter. It&#8217;s the first time I&#8217;ve ever written a letter addressed to the pound for pound sexiest man alive. I know that you will never read it, so it&#8217;s really just for my sake. You&#8217;ll never know this, but you were the first guy l ever thought of as my &#8220;husbando&#8221;. Because of you, I experienced a whole slew of unfamiliar emotions for the first time. In a sense, you were my first love.

You are a very special person to me. Through you, I&#8217;ve come to understand a lot of things about myself, about others, about this fascinating world of peanut butter oatmeal. It&#8217;s because of you that I cannot bring myself to look down upon people who love Taylor Swift. I know that these feelings, however complicated they are, are real. I can still remember the moment I first fell in love with you. It was UFC Fight Night when you question mark kicked Michael Bisping in the face.

In an instant, you became my ideal of a husbando. You were so committed to finding a way to finish a fight, I could not help but admire you deeply. And you knew how to work with DC and Cain to garner injuries in order to achieve your goals. I was just a young, impressionable teenager when I first encountered you, but your principles have always stuck with me. You're always gonna be my bo--!

OH GOD WAIT IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE I MEAN FACE THE PAIN JUST BLEED ETC ETC

wftFDRN.jpg

Event Info:

June 4th, this coming Saturday is UFC 199.

HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:

-Rockhold-senpai was grace us with his beauty, and by extension giving Michael Bisiping a retirement party.

-TJ Dillishaw's grandfather Urijah Faber will battle the air as Dominick Cruz shows up his fancy footwork.

-Max Holloway vs. Ricardo Lamas, a lot of people are sleeping on this one but it has the potential to be the FOTN

-Dan Henderson is going to walk into the cage, confused and lost that he's not in the retirement home.

Main Event:
C7IleHm.png

Card Breakdown:
pLbLCtI.png

Supplementary Material:
UFC 199 Embedded: Episode 1
UFC 199 Embedded: Episode 2
UFC 199 Free Fight: Michael Bisping vs Anderson Silva
UFC 199 Free Fight: Dominick Cruz vs TJ Dillashaw
UFC 199 Free Fight: Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold
UFC 199 Countdown: Rockhold vs Bisping 2
Robin's Breakdown w/ Dan Hardy - UFC 199: Luke Rockhold vs. Michael Bisping 2
UFC 199 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 3
UFC 199 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 4

It all goes down this Saturday(June 4th) at 10:00PM EDT / 7:00PM PDT

*Will update OP as we get closer to the event*

ApharmdX

Banned
Two retirement fights on this card, Rockhold/Bisping and Lombard/Hendo. I always hate to see guys stay in the game too long.

BTW, Rockhold TKO Rd 1.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rooting for Bisping just for fuckery's sake.I think that'd be one of the most hilarious title changes in UFC history.

Haunted

I mean, the upside about two completely lopsided title matches like this on the same card is the possibility of huge upsets.

I suppose?

The card was better when Weidman was on it. :/ Also, Hendo and Lombard are a combined eighty-three (83) years old.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I can't really get excited for Faber's 100th title shot, nor Bisping fighting for the title in 2016 against a guy who already crushed him. I think I'll pass on this card.

Measley

I'll wait for the highlights. I don't see Bisping taking this one, and I'm not in the mood to watch a Hendo snoozefest.

Nobody posted this of Rockhard yet? Disappointed in ya GAF.

There is no way Bisping will win. There is also no way Faber will win or outpoint Cruz. I don't know about Hendo though. I hope he gets one last win and retires.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Why???
He's in a great position, nothing to lose.
Everything to gain if he catches Rockhold somehow.

Indeed, its not like we haven't seen other UFC champs recently throw their titles away by trying to put on a show for the fans!

A fight's a fight. I'd heavily favour Luke for obvious reasons, but, you never can tell 100%. Particularly with Rockhold feeling so disrespected during his campaign to gain the title, defending it against a guy who he's already beaten could lead him to be looking past Bisping to his next "real" challenge. A dangerous mistake potentially.

Yaari

I hate Rockhold. But he's going to run through Bisping quite easily. I wish someone else would have gotten that fight. Oh well, I guess atleast Bisping stepped up.

SteveWD40

Rockhold is such a dick, conversely Bisping is a good guy (these days), nice family, lots of time for fans etc...

That said, I don't see Mike having much for Luke, but the odds were so good I couldn't resist a flutter on Mike scraping a S/D.

Edit: the 2 weeks notice part is actually going to affect Mike's ability to go the distance, so I might as well have burnt that £10.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
I would love Bisping to do it. I would love anyone to beat Rockhold. I thought we had it bad with that boring walking American flag Weidmann. Though Rockhold does in fact have the tiniest sliver of an actual personality, it seems to be that of a complete bell-end.

JimiNutz

Banned
Terrible match up for poor Bisping.
Luke is way too big and powerful for Mike and being an AKA athlete he's unlikely to tire so Mike won't be able to use his footwork, hand speed and superior cardio to outwork Luke over five rounds.

Mike has pleasantly surprised me in the past and I would love to see him hold the belt but I imagine this will go much like the first... Bisping is old and pretty much one eyed now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom