• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2

Who wins the rematches?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manfestival

Colby might had had a chance to KO Usman (unlikely anyway), but instead of keep on punching he decided to do that take down which killed his momentum.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing during the fight. Going for the takedowns clearly seemed like the wrong move when he was finally getting some traction in the 4th and 5th.

Great fights overall.
Sad of the night: Frankie losing
Happy of the night: Great UFC event

Great fights overall.
Sad of the night: Frankie losing
Happy of the night: Great UFC event
What you said. The 49-46 in the Rose-Weili was uhh.

antonio banderas hispanic heritage month GIF

Ballthyrm

Probably the best UFC card I've watched in a long time.
Quite sad that there were so many good fights that only a few got the bonus when most of them would have deserved it another night.

Rose proved she was the champion and I wasn't sure after the last fight with Weili.
The first fight was crazy and reminded me of Lawler - MacDonald.

Usman could have won way earlier if he pushed just a little more and it stung him in the later rounds.

GymWolf

The only thing that namaboyos showed was her being scared as shit to lose and that's why he took down weili in the 5th round (and did nothing to her while weili was blasting punches and elbows from the bottom).

Zhang won that fight 3 round to 2 imo.

Last edited:

manfestival

The only thing that namaboyos showed was her being scared as shit to lose and that's why he took down weili in the 5th round (and did nothing to her while weili was blasting punches and elbows from the bottom).

Zhang won that fight 3 round to 2 imo.
Funny enough I remember the twitter things they propped on screen. It was definitely trending 3-2 on there. I kinda felt that Rose may have had the first round being more calculated in her attack. Zhang really loved punching air throughout the fight. Yeah she can be testing the distance but most people just do the normal thing of doing so with one arm instead of a flurry of punches. Rose definitely played it safe in round 5. Especially once she realized at the end of 4 that she could just sit on top of Zhang and nothing happens. Just coasting to victory. Very good fight aside from round 5.

GymWolf

Funny enough I remember the twitter things they propped on screen. It was definitely trending 3-2 on there. I kinda felt that Rose may have had the first round being more calculated in her attack. Zhang really loved punching air throughout the fight. Yeah she can be testing the distance but most people just do the normal thing of doing so with one arm instead of a flurry of punches. Rose definitely played it safe in round 5. Especially once she realized at the end of 4 that she could just sit on top of Zhang and nothing happens. Just coasting to victory. Very good fight aside from round 5.
Zhang won the first round with the leg kicks imo.

Leaving it to the judges is always risky. Opinions can differ like with all of us. In a split decision that made no sense. When I heard 46-49 in the Usman fight I thought hmmm, no way. Thought it might have gone against him some how. Its still a young sport. These kinks will get worked out. Hopefully.

Top Bottom