• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

The problem is not the small charge, is that Amiibos seems to be available for preorder, but once you register with them you discover they aren't.

That's really the issue :)

Yeah, I can attest to them doing that, BUT I did get lucky a few weeks back and got to pre-order Lucina and Ness from them. Now whether they'll honour them or not, who the hell knows.

But I can say that about all online retailers, even if some are less notorious.

Huge relief today to note that Amazon.de have shipped my Meta Knight and Shulk orders - I was half-expecting a last-minute cancellation.

That means the only Amiibo I'm missing now is King Dedede!

TheMoon

What I find weird about Shulk's amiibo is how the Monado is very very often in a weird angle. I have now seen a lot of different ones and a lot of the sword at a very wide angle away from his body while many have the proper parallel alignment.

Koren

What I find weird about Shulk's amiibo is how the Monado is very very often in a weird angle. I have now seen a lot of different ones
This sounds slightly less probable as "I've seen many unicorns"...

(I don't doubt you've seen many, it's just that... many of us here probably haven't seen a single one... In which paradise do you live? ^_^ )

Went into GAME today and the employee in store said to a customer to preorder the next wave's Amiibos from Amazon as they weren't gonna get enough to even display at their stores and only enough to meet preorder demands =/

Gambit

(I don't doubt you've seen many, it's just that... many of us here probably haven't seen a single one... In which paradise do you live? ^_^ )

I chose mine out of five in a Saturn in Salzburg. (On Thursday evening, so the night before official release). They are out there...at least some

MicH

Went into GAME today and the employee in store said to a customer to preorder the next wave's Amiibos from Amazon as they weren't gonna get enough to even display at their stores and only enough to meet preorder demands =/
But Amazon already sold out!

Seriously, what the hell is Nintendo doing?? Did demand increase to unholy amounts or are they producing fewer and fewer Amiibo? Good god

Chopper

But Amazon already sold out!

Seriously, what the hell is Nintendo doing?? Did demand increase to unholy amounts or are they producing fewer and fewer Amiibo? Good god
That genuinely appears to be the case. I mean, I am actively pursuing Wave 4 preorders, and yet have no chance of getting them. What is the average consumer supposed to do? Why even advertise them?

We're clearly rare as fuck but we haven't properly been released yet.(£x selling price):
SBw3b.Shulk(#25)
SBw3b.King Dedede(#28)
SBw3b.Metaknight(#29)

Jeremy Kyle (£40 selling price):
SBw2.Little Mac (#16)
SBw3a.Rosalina and Luma (#19)

Keep trying(£30 selling price):
SBw1.Villager (#11)
SBw1.Marth (#12) Confirmed reprint
SBw1.Wii Fit Trainer (#10)

We're an online job(£25 selling price) :
SBw2.Captain Falcon (#18)
SBw2.Pit (#17)

Uncommon(£18 selling price):
SBw1.Kirby (#6)
SBw2.Zelda (#13)
SBw1.Fox (#8)

Have to search around for a bit(£15 selling price):
SBw3a.Lucario (#21)
SBw3a.Toon Link (#22)
SBw3a.Sheik (#23)
SBw3a.Ike(#24)
SBw3a.Bowser(#20)
SBw3b.Sonic(#26)
SBw3b.Megaman(#27)

You've seen us sitting on store shelves and ignored us because you already have us.(£10 selling price):
SBw1.Mario (#1)
SBw1.Yoshi (#3)
SBw1.Peach (#2)
SBw1.Luigi (#15)
SBw1.Samus (#9)
SBw1.Link (#4)
SBw1.Donkey Kong (#7)
SBw1.Pikachu (#5)
SBw2.Diddy Kong (#14)

Interesting list, thanks. Makes me wonder why the amiibo situation in Germany is still so relaxed. It is still pretty easy to find Pit, Falcon, WFT and even Marth here. For some reason Zelda is pretty rare though.

Appreciate that a lot, I know it's unlikely to find 'em in the wild but hey having another chance can't possibly hurt :)

I'll keep you posted! Are there any other figures besides DDD, Meta and Shulk that you need?

Pachimari

I am NOT getting into this addicting trap again.

Though it would be a little awesome having a Mario (Super Mario Bros. series), Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic figure on the desk.

MicH

I am NOT getting into this addicting trap again.

Though it would be a little awesome having a Mario (Super Mario Bros. series), Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic figure on the desk.
Well, you can get Mega Man and Sonic right now and they're really common in Europe

Springy

Um, not sure if I should do this here, but:

If anyone would like WFT, I'm happy to trade mine (new in box) for anyone's Marth, Villager or Capt. Falcon.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Ordered them yesterday, also have them ordered at Fnac. If by some miracle they both deliver I can sell the extras at cost to EU Gaf.

Yes please :)

I'll keep you posted! Are there any other figures besides DDD, Meta and Shulk that you need?

Nope, those three. I mean, I don't have Rosalina and Luma either but I've given up in trying to get the full Smash set.

I also still have WFT and Falcon to trade.

Koren

Yes please :)
You hope to see FNAC deliver? :/

Sorry I hadn't seen this until now. The problem with ordering at Amazon DE is that the shipping costs are like 8€, which is too much :(
At this point, I'd gladly pay 8€ for shipping* if I can get Amiibos near MSRP. Especially if I can get several of them at the same time, but I'm not totally oppose to the idea of paying ~22€ with shipping for a single hard to find Amiibo.

* in fact, I paid more for some recent ones...

TheMoon

I didn't say "in-store" ...people post pictures on the internet. :)

I've seen 2 IRL. One of each. Then with the online pics of you guys here and on twitter, etc I noticed more Shulks with that off-angle Monado (like in finngamer's unboxing video).

Um, not sure if I should do this here, but:

If anyone would like WFT, I'm happy to trade mine (new in box) for anyone's Marth, Villager or Capt. Falcon.

Honestly, WFT has been so easy to get the last few days (it's been in and out of stock on Amazon UK repeatedly for £12.99) that it's hardly worth Marth/Villager/Captain Falcon

I'm deciding to get rid of one of my Little Macs again. Anyone wanna trade a Little Mac for Shulk, Dedede or Metaknight?

Here's the thing, the box is a bit fucked. Not in the best condition but the Amiibo is fine.

some seller on Amazon UK is selling Shulks for £99.99

lmao

There's something about that seller that really bothers me.

Koren

Honestly, WFT has been so easy to get the last few days (it's been in and out of stock on Amazon UK repeatedly for £12.99) that it's hardly worth Marth/Villager/Captain Falcon
You could find Marth and Villager quite regularly around this price in several online shops, too... although they've been rarer since a couple weeks...

The "trinity" has been considered rare, but seeing what happened with Little Mac / Rosalina / Shulk / Dedede and Meta Knight... that was child's play to get them.

Cappa

Banned
is there anywhere that lists the rarity of amiibos in europe?

I know there's a reddit but I think that's more for the US.

I was able to find a Lucario today, in Spain at a Corte Ingles but other than that I never ever see any Amiibos anywhere in stores besides the occasional mario.

TheMoon

is there anywhere that lists the rarity of amiibos in europe?

I know there's a reddit but I think that's more for the US.

I was able to find a Lucario today, in Spain at a Corte Ingles but other than that I never ever see any Amiibos anywhere in stores besides the occasional mario.

Try the OP ;)

Spades

Nope. Gonna try tomorrow when I go to work.
Remember, all bets are off tomorrow. If people didn't pick up their pre-orders and Toys R Us and Argos get their shit together, Monday we might actually be able to buy Dedede, Metaknight and Shulk.

[insert one of the many doit.gifs here]

Pick up an extra MK and/or Shulk for me if you can - I'll do the same when I go. :)

Ordered my first amiibo today! Mega Man and Toon Link, they are too cute to pass up on. Also preordered a Ness. I'm glad I never went into collecting, feelslike this hobby can get really expensive really fast.

So, here's my Mega Man.
vMEBArl.jpg

I also recieved an email this Saturday that my preorders for Toad and Robin were sold out. No news on Ness though.

I'm not worried about Toad, but I fear for Ness.

Vormund

Well I saw the proof that Amiibos are in short supply here in Australia, I grabbed Kirby in Japanese packaging today from Target.

Bazry

Happy that I received an email from Amazon.de saying my King Dedede had been dispatched, after no news I was expecting a cancellation

kubus

Those who go hunting today, good luck out there!

It would be nice if we could get confirmation that not all retailers had their (full) shipment yet and they'll be stocking more DDDs, Shulks and MKs this week.

Here in austria there are plenty of Shulks, Dededes, Mega Mans and Meta Knights everywhere.

I can literally walk in any store and buy them off the shelves.

Ashler

Fnac.pt just passed my pre-order to "Shipped" status. Got a Meta Knight, Kind Dedede and Shulk coming my way!

Very happy!

Here in austria there are plenty of Shulks, Dededes, Mega Mans and Meta Knights everywhere.

I can literally walk in any store and buy them off the shelves.

Will find out if that is still true today. My two orders of dedede and meta knights havent shipped yet, so i'm suspecting problems.

Damn, why do i work until 7 pm......

kubus

Those worried about Wave 4, they're all up on amazon.co.jp for 1296 yen each (€9.60 / £7.10) with free shipping within Japan (they don't ship overseas). If you sign up at Tenso.com, you can have the amiibo shipped to Tenso and they'll ship it to you. Their fees are very reasonable and their service has been great so far (I've ordered a bunch of things through them) so I highly recommend them.

Top Bottom