• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK New 3DS Ambassadors - Free Skull Kid Figure

North America:

Buy N3DSXL Majora's Mask edition, doesn't come with game. No figure.

EU:

Buy the system, get the game with it, and you get a Skull Kid figure.

Ayy lmao
Also the LE in Europe does come with many things NA is never getting.
I would say overall NoE is killing it in UK at least.

So I'm already buying New 3DS XL MH4U bundle but if I get MM too I get the figure free?
Sounds like it if you buy the game from their store.

I got the ambassador 3ds AND preordered the n3dsxl that comes with majora's mask and the statue AND preordered the special edition game

do I get a second statue lol

nemisis0

Still no email her, bought the Ambassador Edition and hoping to get the email soon.

Edit: just got the Email So will take this deal up.

JordanKZ

Wait. Am I understanding this right or do you have to buy the game through the Nintendo store? Or is it any EU store?

Nice job NOE!

Hey NOA!

uxq9I6u.gif

nemisis0

I got the ambassador 3ds AND preordered the n3dsxl that comes with majora's mask and the statue AND preordered the special edition game

do I get a second statue lol

You should do as that's 2 handheld consoles. One already had the other and this one is talking about the ambassador edition.

Wait. Am I understanding this right or do you have to buy the game through the Nintendo store? Or is it any EU store?
Seems like you have to register your new 3DS and buy the game on their store it seems to get the figurine from what the email says.
Actually a pretty cool bonus if you ask me.

NeOak

I have the New 3DS Ambassador console but I don't live in the UK, and Nintendo doesn't have an official store in Spain :(

lol no. Getting Toon Link or Rosalina is almost impossible today.
Wasn't there a Nintendo of Spain before?

Mob

If you buy the game from another store then register it on Club Nintendo you qualify for the free figure. In UK at least, not sure about rest of EU.

I'm still confused. Europe is giving a reward to people that they've already given a reward to and it's all peachy.

NoA gives everyone the chance to nab the statue and they're the worst thing since cancer?

Don't get me wrong, NoA has been doing a terrible job lately, but I don't see how they're in the wrong here.

If you buy it from another store then register it on Club Nintendo you qualify for the free figure. In UK at least, not sure about rest of EU.
Yeah, that is what I gathered. Curious how long they will offer it.
I give NoE kudos for giving reasons to upgrade.
NoA seems to send it to die.

NoA gives everyone the chance to nab the statue and they're the worst thing since cancer?
Sending 50 to Gamestop and 50 to Amazon doesn't really compare to sending 1000 to Europe...
Actually, how many did Best Buy end up canceling?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
uk only? it seems you can get it also having preordered to other retailers, registering the game on club nintendo, but dont know if it is valid for italy

I think I'm going to move to another country.

I'm still confused. Europe is giving a reward to people that they've already given a reward to and it's all peachy.

Don't get me wrong, NoA has been doing a terrible job lately, but I don't see how they're in the wrong here.
Europe gets a shot at an Ambassador version of the New 3DS, steelcase Majora's Mask bundle, and now the figurine.

US gets the figurine. The figurine was originally US exclusive as far as I knew, and we felt somewhat special, because we had that, and Europe had the steelcase. Now they have both for the price of one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just saw this email. Really happy as I sent them an email awhile back enquiring about this. Was getting a bit annoyed that they didn't respond but I'm glad they came through.

I think I'm going to move to another country.

Europe gets a shot at an Ambassador version of the New 3DS, steelcase Majora's Mask bundle, and now the figurine.

US gets the figurine. The figurine was originally US exclusive as far as I knew, and we felt somewhat special, because we had that, and Europe had the steelcase. Now they have both for the price of one.

Right. Like I said NoA has been awful lately, but this thread is about the figurine.

NeOak

Everyone a chance? You mean the scalpers right?

Right. Like I said NoA has been awful lately, but this thread is about the figurine.
My guess is mostly people are pissed off that NA barely got any supply compared to the UK. Nintendo LE seem really limited in America.

Seems UK Skull Kid supply is pretty big.

Also doesn't help they gave away special editions to some Youtuber who didn't really ask for it.

Evilcrane

I pre-ordered the New 3ds Majora's Mask LE from a Finnish retailer and got an email from them a couple of days later informing me that Nintendo is throwing in a free Skull Kid figure with all the LE pre-orders, so it would seem that this is not limited to the UK.

jimi_dini

Fuck you NoE

fixed

I mean what the hell Nintendo. No ambassador invite for me and now you even give out free skull kids?

You will give out those gold and silver amiibos to those people as well?

Thanks a bunch.

gLeAgg5l.jpg

AdyYeAwl.jpg

i92z1KCl.jpg

5BLohKPl.jpg

GRwoo1ol.jpg

JEEujCXl.jpg

And there's even quite a few DS and 3DS games....

My guess is mostly people are pissed off that NA barely got any supply compared to the UK. Nintendo LE seem really limited in America.

Seems UK Skull Kid supply is pretty big.

Also doesn't help they gave away special editions to some Youtuber who didn't really ask for it.

Do we know how many people in America got the statue compared to how many Ambassador 3DS's were sold?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
damn, seems uk only, no email for italy
The email was addressed from the Nintendo UK Store rather than Club Nintendo so chances are UK only, especially as this is a response to Skull Kid already being offered on the Nintendo store with N3DS purchases.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Yeah I really don't know what the NoA bitching in this thread is about, at least everyone can get a figure of interested while I Europe you have no chance unless you were one of the chosen few Ambassadors which sucks.

HardRojo

While EU gets this promotion NoA only releases a handful of LEs... I don't know whether I should laugh or cry anymore. Nintendo fix you shitty practices in America ASAP!

FaintDeftone

You get a better 3DS model and a free Skullkid figure without having to fight scalpers for limited editions?

Reggie gots ta gew!

99618-that-fuckers-gots-to-GO-gif-Ja-MTd8.gif

I pre-ordered the New 3ds Majora's Mask LE from a Finnish retailer and got an email from them a couple of days later informing me that Nintendo is throwing in a free Skull Kid figure with all the LE pre-orders, so it would seem that this is not limited to the UK.
Good thing. Hopefully people that want it will be able to get one.
Seeing the unboxing the figure is way bigger than I expected.

While EU gets this promotion NoA only releases a handful of LEs... I don't know whether I should laugh or cry anymore. Nintendo fix you shitty practices in America ASAP!
The LEs are not even exclusive. You can get it in any region.
The only thing NA is getting that no one else can get is the red wine color which honestly I rather have the blue if I was getting one.

flohen95

I really hope this isn't UK only. NoE is located in Germany and yet we get so few of that kind of stuff. There wasn't even a preorder bonus for Fire Emblem Awakening here when the rest of Europe got the artbook.

fixed

I mean what the hell Nintendo. No ambassador invite for me and now you even give out free skull kids?

You will give out those gold and silver amiibos to those people as well?

Thanks a bunch.
As much as I dislike NoA, that's kind of like all those people who felt entitled to the WoW figurine because of how many Blizzard games they own, or that Anniversary Xbox for those who never quit Live since the beginning.

You bought those games because you wanted them, not because you expected NoA to reward you for your loyalty eventually.

Some people (a lot of people) in this thread need to learn that UK /=/ Europe.
Anything not US = Europe

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can understand your frustration since this was the kind of thing I complained about in the original thread, calling this a reward for loyal customers only leads to other people who also think they are loyal if not more so getting really miffed. However this reward is simply because the only way to get a Skull Kid in the UK is to get it with a N3DS which is something an Ambassador owner is unlikely to do.

You can still get a Skull Kid figurine for free with a N3DS now if you so wish.

You bought those games because you wanted them, not because you expected NoA to reward you for your loyalty eventually.
The only thing I can really say about NoA is they are mostly consistent in releasing titles, but any company that wants to make money will do that.
Otherwise they been dropping the ball lately.
Although I cannot complain too much since we went from no LE games to actually getting some.

Can we trade Reggie for Shibata?
Actually Iwata is the CEO of NoA since 2014.

dc89

Keep an eye on the email address you have registered with Club Nintendo. The email dropped in there.

MODS: when we have some clarification please update the OP/Title as you see fit it if I have not already, thanks.

Top Bottom