• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK New 3DS Ambassadors - Free Skull Kid Figure

HardRojo

And this works with ANY edition of the 3DS you get, Ambassadors are just getting a heads up so that they become aware... Oh NoA...

jimi_dini

You bought those games because you wanted them, not because you expected NoA to reward you for your loyalty eventually.

Yes, but I simply feel ridiculed by this (btw. I'm from Europe).

They could have at least said - oh well, let's look who registered like 20 games since december (yeah TWENTY). Oh well, maybe just maybe we could give those people a little bonus on top, but nope. I already ordered the MM LE as well. Just a little e-mail saying "thanks for being such a big supporter", but no.

It's fine to select people at random. But then they could at least select different people at random again for another bonus and not just reuse the same people again.

I didn't even get any demo codes except those Monster Hunter 4 ones (that I actually gave away on GAF).

R0ckman

So I know people say "Reggie is just a mouthpeice puppet" etc. But how would that explain the EarthBound for Wii U situation? Shortly after the announcement Iwata said that he only noticed the demand from Miiverse, clearly NoA was not forwarding the fan demand over the course of a decade, which is what I assume Reggie would have at least a minor part in doing, he clearly failed there.

Zafir

So is the UK the only country a part of NoE or something?

Only European country that has it's own official online store, as far as I'm aware. Other countries it's more difficult logisically so I'd guess that's why it's UK only for the moment. Unfortunate for the rest of EU. :/

TheMoon

Hey, GAF. Would you kindly realize that UK != Europe and that this offer is (as it appears) UK-only? So EVERYONE is fucked that isn't from the UK because you can't use the store if your shipping address is outside the country.

bms2993

Banned
spilledsalt.jpg

HardRojo

Definitely. The steel cover + CD + Skull Kid + regular 3DS. I am so salty about it.
At least I am honest.

Yeah but some people will downplay it and tell you it isn't as bad as you think because "at least everyone had a chance in the US". Bullshit! I will keep complaining until NoA finally understands.

BigBossJelly

Neo Member
Thank god I got this pre-ordered here in the states, but my god that just means EU got more Majora's Mask preorder magic than we did. We got the pin for pre-ordering Code Name STEAM at least, but it honestly didn't make any sense.

Damn it I already pre-ordered from the special edition from the UK store with the figure included, do I get another free one if I register the game?

DooD1234

I'm starting to feel that because the UK is Nintendo weakest market, they are trying extra hard to get people onto Nintendo platforms while NoA don't seem to give a fuck.

I'm starting to feel that because the UK is Nintendo weakest market, they are trying extra hard to get people onto Nintendo platforms while NoA don't seem to give a fuck.
Actually that makes sense. Although it doesn't really explain why they treat Japan so well when their market is really good. Homeland bias maybe?
It would be nice if they were able to try this hard for all their regions lol.
Definitely. Cover plates and customizable icons are brilliant. Localize them please.

ffdgh

It would be nice if they were able to try this hard for all their regions lol.

kubus

There's no denying that Nintendo is killing it with these promotions in the UK. Not only did (a lot of) UK Ambassadors receive their New 3DS within one day after ordering (ridiculously fast), they're now also getting the offer to get a free Skull Kid statue regardless of where they buy the game. The UK's New 3DS bundles on the Official Nintendo Store have been amazing too. You literally had every combination of New 3DS system and Skull Kid statue to choose from, and they also had the deal where you got the Mario 3DS Holder and a couple of Cover Plates at a discount iirc.

But that's where the fun ends. Once you look outside the UK, I'd even say NoA got the better deal.

For example, the Skull Kid statue is only available through selected retailers in other European countries. Here in the Netherlands, there are only three stores where you can get one: bolcom, Nedgame and Game Mania. The first two both offer the "Buy a New 3DS (XL) and the Majora's Mask game, get the Skull Kid statue for free" deal, just like in the UK. But the difference is that the Majora's Mask 3DS XL is disqualified for this promotion. Yes, you read that right. You don't get the Skull Kid statue if you buy a Majora's Mask 3DS XL. It's ridiculous. Luckily the third store, Game Mania, does include the Majora's Mask 3DS XL in the promotion, but their stock is limited to like two units per store. It sold out within hours. So there are now people here who are "forced" to buy two New 3DS systems to get both the limited edition 3DS, as well as the Skull Kid statue. Of course, they'll be able to sell one of the handhelds once they get their statue but that's a lot of unnecessary hoops to jump through just to get a collector's item that should've been included with their Zelda 3DS from the start.

Then there's the fact that the Majora's Mask 3DS XL includes the game, which is being touted as another win for NoE as opposed to NoA. Wrong. What's wrong with choice? I don't want a digital copy of the game. I'm buying the Majora's Mask 3DS XL because I love the series, I love the game and I'm a Zelda fan. Is it that strange to imagine that I would also want the Limited Edition of the game? So yeah, now I have the Majora's Mask 3DS XL pre-ordered as well as the LE of the game. Meaning I'll end up with two copies of the game, and I can't sell the digital copy. Great.

It's true that overall Europe is being treated better than America with regards to loyalty promotions, but outside the UK it's not that great.

It's true that overall Europe is being treated better than America with regards to loyalty promotions, but outside the UK it's not that great.
I can see that.
Like NoA treats NY very well, but the rest of the states badly. The retail exclusives were offered in the Nintendo Store after all.

We can all agree though that Nintendo can be doing better in regions with less populations.

Davey Cakes

What I find funny is Nintendo UK seems to be really on point yet it's their weakest market.
Have you noticed that Nintendo's biggest market (NA) is the one that always seems to get the shaft?

Barring exceptions (NA Club Nintendo final prizes, though it took them the duration of the program to do something that...decent).

Wasn't expecting to get one of these since I got the Ambassador Edition and didn't qualify for the promotion they were running.

Very pleased! Thanks Nintendo! :)

Yrael

Damn, wish they'd do this for Australia. I mean, I got a new 3DS last year lol, how's that for being an ambassador?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Title really needs to be updated with "UK". In the scheme of things, we're one tiny island compared to huge mass that is Europe.

For Americans, it is the equivalent of a special offer for Florida residents only.

So it's the same figure that we in America are getting with the limited edition? That's pretty cool I guess.
So I guess that brings America back bellow Europe for MM3D since they get a special edition with other stuff AND the statue we get.

Keep an eye on the email address you have registered with Club Nintendo. The email dropped in there.

MODS: when we have some clarification please update the OP/Title as you see fit it if I have not already, thanks.

Got the ambassador edition, still no mail on my nintendo store email or club Ninty email :(

Crayolan

NoA: Pay 10 bucks extra and sit at your computer 24/7 waiting for random 30 minute periods in which the figure is available.

NoE: Have it for free with many options available and no stock issues.

Fuck NoA.

TheMoon

Title really needs to be updated with "UK". In the scheme of things, we're one tiny island compared to huge mass that is Europe.

For Americans, it is the equivalent of a special offer for Florida residents only.

I just holler'd at duckroll about it.

Can ANY UK gaffers help me get a hold of this?
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3...ajora-s-mask-3d-special-edition/11037906.html

I'll gladly pay up front for the item paypal?
Happy to help you. PM me and I'll get back to you later today or early tomorrow morning.

Edit: NoE is really rolling with it since last gen. Being a UK fan and only buying NTSC stuff, I can't take advantage of this stuff. NoA really needs to step up. Sales must be totally shit in the region for them not to even consider this stuff. They must be really hard up at the moment.

Top Bottom