• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK PoliGAF |OT3| - Strong and Stable Government? No. Coalition Of Chaos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Jim Pickard‏
@PickardJE
May team admit to press huddle that extra social housing money will build 25k homes over 5 years - so 5k a year.

It's fucking nothing.gif

418 councils in the UK. So that's an extra 12 houses per council per year.

I bet any money it was one of those lazy, evil, alcoholic, drug using, fornicating, baby making single blokes that stuck the sign to the wall. Probably used their own bodily emanations to stick the letters to the wall cos he didn't have a wife.

I honestly have to wonder how the Tory party is still a thing. These are some of the vilest people in the country.

Par Score

"Struggling on" is pretty much the perfect encapsulation of May's premiership.

UK PoliGAF |OT4| - BUI DING A C NTRY THA ORKS OR RYON

?

Absolutely.

Umms3t1.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You could say their overall message was: F off.

There's something poetic in the aspirations of the Conservatives holding together just long enough for them to try and sell it to people.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I'm just glad we're putting aside Tolkien's blatant speciesism and looking to work with the Orks.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
someone noticed May's bracelet is of Frida Kahlo who among other things is a fairly well known communist

is this whole speech some weird performance art?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
No, no, those were the orcs. If we're workings with the Orks, then the Imperium really has gone down the shitter.

I think it's pretty fair to say that the British Imperium passed the U-bend some time back.

kmag

I reckon I might put a bet on Theresa May to still be prime minister at the next general election.

I reckon she'll go this weekend. She'll just quit. She's behaved like there's some way back for her up till now. We're now getting various leaks from her inner circle saying she's not been in a good place mentally on the run up to this conference and this was her big chance at a reset. If all hope for that reset is done, with her authority even more shot she's just volunteering for another couple of months of misery until someone plunges the knife.

Please for the love of fuck will someone elevate Ruth to the Lords. It's a little bit "19th Century" to have a Prime Minister from the Lords, but everyone loves her!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Please for the love of fuck will someone elevate Ruth to the Lords. It's a little bit "19th Century" to have a Prime Minister from the Lords, but everyone loves her!

You don't even have to be a Lord - there's no statutory condition to being Prime Minister other than being appointed by the monarch, holding the confidence of the Commons, and not holding an office of profit under the Crown (E.g. the Chiltern Hundreds).

It would just be very awkward.

kmag

She's fucking terrible.

Honestly. When she's shorn of her 'SNP bad, union good' response to everything. She really really struggles under even pretty soft ball questioning on policy.

She's had it relatively easy up here. Just position her and her party as anti-SNP and with the continuing travails of Scottish Labour, she's merely just had to wrap the union jack around her, pander to the Orange order and sell some brexit lies to farmers and fishermen and profit. In Holyrood, Sturgeon basically slaps her about with ease.

Uzzy

Nah, God-Empress of the British Imperium is a more fitting role.

Seriously though, Ruth and Boris seem to be the only two charismatic Tories out there with any sort of popular support.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Boris has net unfavourable public opinion - I wouldn't say he has popular support, just a fervent support base.

As far as I'm aware, Ruth Davidson is the only high-profile Conservative politician with net positive ratings.

kmag

Boris has net unfavourable public opinion - I wouldn't say he has popular support, just a fervent support base.

As far as I'm aware, Ruth Davidson is the only high-profile Conservative politician with net positive ratings.

She's basically generic Tory down south with an added side of presumed competence and likability because the media keeps saying she has those qualities. I've met her in a social setting before, she's relatively sane and pleasant enough to talk to, but I've got a sneaky feeling a lot of English tories are going to be awfully disappointed given extended exposure.

For one, she's more centrist than either Hammond or Rudd. Two, her debating ability isn't great. Three, she's not great under hostile questioning (she gets almost none of that up here), in fact the one time I remember her getting a sustained hard time on was Radio 5 and she pretty much froze.

She's fucking terrible.

Honestly. When she's shorn of her 'SNP bad, union good' response to everything. She really really struggles under even pretty soft ball questioning on policy.

She's had it relatively easy up here. Just position her and her party as anti-SNP and with the continuing travails of Scottish Labour, she's merely just had to wrap the union jack around her, pander to the Orange order and sell some brexit lies to farmers and fishermen and profit. In Holyrood, Sturgeon basically slaps her about with ease.

Oh, I'm sorry, please take Boris/Hunt/Davis/Literally the entire cabinet.

theaface

Just been catching up on everything that was May's speech and there's been some comedy gold in the last few pages (both deliberate from gaffers and accidental from the Tories) that's had me rolling.

Politics of late has been crying out for a SPITTING IMAGE or THE THICK OF IT, but at least today we saw the return of AWLTY TOWERS, slapstick inept shenanigans in tact.

Maledict

So the major policy proposals are an energy bill cap, more social housing and help for student tuition fees.

Did Ed Miloband actually win in 2015 or something?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So the major policy proposals are an energy bill cap, more social housing and help for student tuition fees.

Did Ed Miloband actually win in 2015 or something?

No, but he's in a better place now.

ed-miliband.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
On a different note, May's bracelet at the conference carried artwork by Frida Kahlo, a member of the Mexican Communist Party who had a wild affair with Trotsky. The only possible conclusion to be drawn is that she is actually a sleeper agent playing the long game, activated by Agent Corbyn to ensure maximum communisation.

*smirks Russianly*

Faddy

Banned

The only reason May will hang on is because the alternative is Boris.

The whole hype about Davidson is overblown, she hasn't held a job of any responsibility and people want her to step in and lead Britain through Brexit.

CCS

Banned
On a different note, May's bracelet at the conference carried artwork by Frida Kahlo, a member of the Mexican Communist Party who had a wild affair with Trotsky. The only possible conclusion to be drawn is that she is actually a sleeper agent playing the long game, activated by Agent Corbyn to ensure maximum communisation.

*smirks Russianly*

What if May is actually Corbyn is disguise? Would explain why she didn't want to do the debates :O

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What if May is actually Corbyn is disguise? Would explain why she didn't want to do the debates :O

It does make Corbyn's double features in PMQs extra impressive, too.

he won our hearts and minds <3

he's so much better suited to what he's doing now and what he was doing before becoming leader. I hope he has an important role in a future government.

as leader in this country you need to be a battering ram unfortunately.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
he won our hearts and minds <3

he's so much better suited to what he's doing now and what he was doing before becoming leader. I hope he has an important role in a future government.

as leader in this country you need to be a battering ram unfortunately.
He was the hero the country needed but not the one it deserved. Not remotely.

Theonik

It does make Corbyn's double features in PMQs extra impressive, too.
The camera never shows them on screen at the same time so it's just Corbyn running across the aisle really quickly.
If you can change the tires on an F1 car in less than 10 seconds you can put a wig on a Corbyn in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom