• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

For those who missed it since a new page got started:

All the Balance Changes in UMVC3 thus far --> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29565096&postcount=7093

Please feel free to browse through it and post whatever new stuff is found that isn't listed here.

Finally found some data on Trish and wow at the buffs on her. Will be updating with her stuff.

Check here for the buffs, most of her start up times are reduced on the traps:

http://www.twitch.tv/marquezsf/b/290895534 @ 1 hour 13 mins

I have pretty much gone through many of the changes and one thing is very clear, the meta-game for UMVC3 is gravitating towards more zoning style of play. Many changes have been made to promote better long ranged play.

smurfx

get some go again
lowhighkang_LHK said:
[/Niitsuma: Well, first off, for Vergil, our lead designer for the new characters and their movesets is a big DMC fan, as well as Vergil being extremely popular in Japan. For Megaman, we still really wanted to avoid overlap as much as possible.

No wonder Dante probably got so much dev time and focus - it doesn't hurt that the main designers of the game are fans of him.

It's also good to know the lead designer is a Vergil fan - so he'll do him justice and not make him a mere "teleporter with a katana" and actually understand Vergil's true potential.

Prepare to get judgement cut and phantom sword'ed all day mutha fuckas.
of course virgil will be a broken character. dante got slightly nerfed but virgil will get what dante lost.

Dahbomb

What you guys need to be doing is going on SRK character forums and checking out whether someone there has picked up on some changes to the particular characters.

I noticed someone on the Felicia forum picked up that Rolling Buckler keeps Felicia on the opponent as opposed to her bouncing back. That's a pretty decent buff right there if it can be confirmed. I don't know much about Felicia so I can't comment on that change but those who know should definitely help out.

Vergil for top tier confirmed way before Vergil was even announced. Why? Because I called that shit like a year ago. He would rape in this game more than Dante. The fuck you gonna do when you have Summoned Swords locked in on your position?

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
Vergil for top tier confirmed way before Vergil was even announced. Why? Because I called that shit like a year ago. He would rape in this game more than Dante. The fuck you gonna do when you have Summoned Swords locked in on your position?
not call in haggar or tron assist! that is probably why capcom nerfed them! damn dmc fanboys. :p

Dahbomb

Vergil doesn't give a shit about invincible assists. His sword slashes travel through fucking dimensions!

Back to changelogs, I need some more stuff confirmed:

Hsien Ko buffs are these accurate?

Seems to have recieved an overall speed buff. Not super fast, but not nearly as sluggish as before.
Airdash is a bit faster
f.m has slight better recovery (unconfirmed)
Senpuu Bu seems faster (unconfirmed)
Grounded Henkyo Ki recovery is faster
Anki-Hou has faster startup
New projectile throw

Also does Viewtiful Joe bomb explode on contact now? That's a very considerable zoning buff right there.

Edit: Updated list with some Dorm changes. Thank god for Karsts and his dedication to Dormammu. :D

Apdiddy

I hope they include more funny quibs from Deadpool and these pre-fight exchanges -

Deadpool: What's up with Chuck Greene?
Frank West: Don't ask.

Deadpool: OBJECTION!
Phoenix Wright: That's...my line.

Apdiddy said:
I hope they include more funny quibs from Deadpool and these pre-fight exchanges -

Deadpool: What's up with Chuck Greene?
Frank West: Don't ask.

Deadpool: OBJECTI-
Phoenix Wright: HOLD IT! That's...my line.
Subtle tweak to your idea.
I wonder how Wright and She Hulk will interact considering the whole "Phoenix Wright with muscles" quote, I want Wright to make a reference to that as a victory quote against She Hulk.

Apdiddy

Nocturnowl said:
Subtle tweak to your idea.
I wonder how Wright and She Hulk will interact considering the whole "Phoenix Wright with muscles" quote, I want Wright to make a reference to that as a victory quote against She Hulk.

Yeah, I completely forgot about that as well -- that would be hilarious.

I also wonder if Deadpool will say the following to Strider....

Deadpool: Strider Returns was awesome!
Strider Hiryu: DON'T YOU MENTION THAT AGAIN! I'll slice you up!

Dahbomb

GuardianE said:
I can't believe they didn't nerf that fucker Taskmaster. I guess we'll have to wait and see if a TM player notices anything in the future.
Aside from a silly high damaging mid screen combo (that takes like over 1.2 million life with an assist) and slightly high damaging arrows, he is about where he should be in terms of balance.

Chavelo

GuardianE said:
I can't believe they didn't nerf that fucker Taskmaster. I guess we'll have to wait and see if a TM player notices anything in the future.

marvel-vs-capcom-3-banner-taskmaster.jpg

"What did you say? Me? Getting nerfed?

SON, I AM DISAPPOINT."

Mit-

Saying Air X-Factor is a buff seems fairly irrelevant to me... It's a buff to everyone, technically, but moreso, there is not a single character in vMvC3 who couldn't pop X-Factor mid-combo and kill a character. Air X-Factor might make it a bit easier, but lightening up execution a bit to make something already possible easier isn't really much of a buff :\ (unless it was so difficult it wasn't viable).

And is it confirmed that Ryu's new fireball/shoryu are actually charge moves? I read somewhere that they were S moves, which makes more sense. They certainly don't look like charge moves.

Well, aerial X-Factor buffs certain characters more than others. For Dormammu, it's primarily a nerf - no more Stalking Flare chipout on incoming characterrs with low health. For Storm and Super-Skrull, who normally couldn't X-Factor one hyper into another, it's a huge buff.

And is it confirmed that Ryu's new fireball/shoryu are actually charge moves? I read somewhere that they were S moves, which makes more sense. They certainly don't look like charge moves.
I'm not sure about the new shoryuken, but the Hadoken S does need to be charged. If you release it early, a weak, half-screen traveling Hadoken is released.

Zissou

Lothars said:
didnt' they already say they will be releasing a change list?

I remember someone saying the opposite- like Seth said they wanted to 'preserve the joy of discovery' or something along those lines. I could be mistaken though.

Lothars

Zissou said:
I remember someone saying the opposite- like Seth said they wanted to 'preserve the joy of discovery' or something along those lines. I could be mistaken though.

Hmm... I am not sure than I just remember that someone mentioned it, I don't know if it is accurate or not but I would love for them to release a change list.

Lothars said:
didnt' they already say they will be releasing a change list?
On the stream Seth said he wouldn't discuss changes at Niitsuma's request, and diplomatically said it's more "fun" to figure out on your own anyway.

That doesn't seem like the kind of philosophy conducive to releasing changelogs.

Mit-

But I believe it was Niitsuma himself who said during a panel or something that they would have a complete changelist in the future.

Not much use compiling one now when none of the changes are final.

Zissou

Lothars said:
Hmm... I am not sure than I just remember that someone mentioned it, I don't know if it is accurate or not but I would love for them to release a change list.

As would I- it's really tough for the players to accurately discover every single change. People notice when moves they use are changed for the worse, but it's a lot less likely people will instinctually test previously worthless moves/specials/whatever to see if/how they've improved. I'm hoping there will be a new guide similar to the previous one to spell things out clearly.

fake edit: what dementia said was what I remembered hearing.

Mit- said:
But I believe it was Niitsuma himself who said during a panel or something that they would have a complete changelist in the future.

Not much use compiling one now when none of the changes are final.
Awesome. I hope he sticks to that.

Dahbomb

The changelog I posted is probably not even half of it. The only reason why characters like Dorm and Doom have a bigger list of changes is because players who actually knew how to play the characters played them and reported the changes. Most other findings are incidental from watching scrub players play on shitty stream quality. I swear in one feed I couldn't even tell if Iron Man was double jumping or not which is a huge deal for him.

And yeah Capcom is not giving out changelog for this anytime soon. When asked about it S-Kill just responded "figure it on your own because it's fun that way".

On the other hand last time Capcom made a change to the game, they released a changelog so you never know. The real reason why they aren't giving out a changelog (which was also mentioned by S-Kill) is that the game isn't finalized as far as balance changes go. And that's fine by me... IF they post a changelog after the release of the game.

Saying Air X-Factor is a buff seems fairly irrelevant to me... It's a buff to everyone, technically, but moreso, there is not a single character in vMvC3 who couldn't pop X-Factor mid-combo and kill a character. Air X-Factor might make it a bit easier, but lightening up execution a bit to make something already possible easier isn't really much of a buff :\ (unless it was so difficult it wasn't viable).
It's a big buff for characters with aerial hypers which are used from distances. Characters like Amaterasu, Storm, Ryu, Akuma, Viewtiful Joe get a huge buff because they can basically kill 2 characters from near full screen if they catch an assist off of their LVL1 hypers. Characters like Dormammu and Arthur are nerfed because they can't chip out opponents in the air like they used to or against in-coming characters.

For Phoenix it's 50/50, one of the best methods of killing regular Phoenix was chipping her in the air but she also does that to other characters as they come in so they can basically escape the mix up and chip to have a better fighting chance.

It's also potentially a nerf for characters who are deadly at taking out in-coming characters. Not sure on this so I didn't comment on it but if you can X factor guard cancel a blocked Jam Session, you might escape some dirty mix ups/set ups from particular characters ie. X-23.

There also might be additional benefits from this and certainly some characters will benefit more from this (off the top of my head, I would believe that Thor gets a buff from this too if he can chicken block air XF into Mighty Hurricane).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
Aside from a silly high damaging mid screen combo (that takes like over 1.2 million life with an assist) and slightly high damaging arrows, he is about where he should be in terms of balance.

The fact that the upper tier all got hit except for him, makes him much much stronger by comparison. The guy does way too much damage when he has that much health and all those options.

I'm just salty that the three characters I loathe fighting the most: Amaterasu, Zero, and Taskmaster, got hit with pretty much no nerfs.

Mit- said:

Air X-Factor is more important for some characters than others. It's not about the popping X-Factor mid-combo. It's more about using X-Factor to cancel air blockstun.

Dahbomb

GuardianE said:
The fact that the upper tier all got hit except for him, makes him much much stronger by comparison.
True and not only that but most of the changes in the game are gravitating towards a more zoning friendly meta-game (look at all those projectiles that have better start up times except Disruptor. And then other characters got special buffs to their projectiles like Ryu and Morrigan).

I still think Taskmaster is not even close to being explored. And it's just my perception but his regular BnBs did less damage in the matches I watched. Could just be my imagination of course.

Top tiers getting hit pretty much put them all in the same category as Taskmaster and Trish where as characters below them buffed to their level or close to it. If you look at the list, it's WAY more buffs than nerfs (which is pretty much what everyone wanted for this game).

I'm just salty that the three characters I loathe fighting the most: Amaterasu, Zero, and Taskmaster, got hit with pretty much no nerfs.
You are salty about characters who don't hit the top 5 list. 2 of them have the lowest health in the game. Also, Zero has more nerfs than the changelog is showing. I can't confirm it but a lot of people are reporting that his D-Loop is gone. It's also possible he got nerfed in his combos just like Magneto/Dante plus unconfirmed changes on his Sogenmu powerup. With Ammy, she just needs hitbox changes and she would be fine.

I never thought I would say this but (aside from some clearly odd choices) Capcom is going about balancing this game the right way. They aren't balancing it around the current Mid tier, they are balancing it around the High tier (ie tier that is just between Top and High). That's why the top 5 got nerfed but everyone from 6-20 either stayed the same or got slightly buffed. And this is better that way, because some of the most interesting play comes from characters in this range (top 20). Below this and characters feel underpowered but above it, you get Phoenix and vanilla Wolverine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
True and not only that but most of the changes in the game are gravitating towards a more zoning friendly meta-game (look at all those projectiles that have better start up times except Disruptor. And then other characters got special buffs to their projectiles like Ryu and Morrigan).

I still think Taskmaster is not even close to being explored. And it's just my perception but his regular BnBs did less damage in the matches I watched. Could just be my imagination of course.

Top tiers getting hit pretty much put them all in the same category as Taskmaster and Trish where as characters below them buffed to their level or close to it. If you look at the list, it's WAY more buffs than nerfs (which is pretty much what everyone wanted for this game).

I think Taskmaster is super underrated in vanilla. He's what I would consider a "secret" top tier just because he's not commonly used. I hope that people discover some changes, and I really hope the guy didn't get any buffs. He really doesn't need them.

You are salty about characters who don't hit the top 5 list. 2 of them have the lowest health in the game. Also, Zero has more nerfs than the changelog is showing. I can't confirm it but a lot of people are reporting that his D-Loop is gone. It's also possible he got nerfed in his combos just like Magneto/Dante plus unconfirmed changes on his Sogenmu powerup. With Ammy, she just needs hitbox changes and she would be fine.

Oh, I know that Zero and Ammy aren't the highest tiers. That doesn't mean that I can't have a personal vendetta against them. Subjectively, they're the most obnoxious characters for me to fight, so they're only going to get more obnoxious to me. I hate their tiny hitboxes and enormous hurtboxes.

Dahbomb

Taskmaster is very popular and is played a lot in tournaments. He is not a secret top tier, secret top tier is Zero and C Viper. His game plan is simple, his lack of mobility and mix ups keep him from top tier. Aside from a really high damaging combo (but a bit execution heavy) there is very little unexplored technology out on him. Not to mention that in MVC3 rushdown is king.

Just for the record, Top 5 characters for Vanilla are Phoenix, Wolverine, Dante, Magneto, Wesker. All these characters have favorable match ups against Taskmaster. And when I mean favorable I mean they are at least 6-4 in favor of the top 5. For him to be a secret top tier, he needs to have a tool or two that puts him in the same level as them.

Now if you were to say that you think that Taskmaster is a secret top tier for UMVC3... then I might be inclined to agree if things stay as is. And even then I am liking the next 6 characters over Taskmaster in UMVC3 (who I believe to be Ammy, C Viper, Zero, Trish, Doom and Dormammu). Let's not even start on the newer characters who might be running the show in UMVC3 like Firebrand and Strider.

GuardianE said:
I think Taskmaster is super underrated in vanilla. He's what I would consider a "secret" top tier just because he's not commonly used. I hope that people discover some changes, and I really hope the guy didn't get any buffs. He really doesn't need them.

Oh, I know that Zero and Ammy aren't the highest tiers. That doesn't mean that I can't have a personal vendetta against them. Subjectively, they're the most obnoxious characters for me to fight, so they're only going to get more obnoxious to me. I hate their tiny hitboxes and enormous hurtboxes.

Zero definitely got nerfed, lvl 3 buster turning to a soft knockdown is a big nerf.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
Taskmaster is very popular and is played a lot in tournaments. He is not a secret top tier, secret top tier is Zero and C Viper. His game plan is simple, his lack of mobility and mix ups keep him from top tier. Aside from a really high damaging (but a bit execution heavy) there is very little unexplored technology out on him. Not to mention that in MVC3 rushdown is king.

Just for the record, Top 5 characters for Vanilla are Phoenix, Wolverine, Dante, Magneto, Wesker. All these characters have favorable match ups against Taskmaster. And when I mean favorable I mean they are at least 6-4 in favor of the top 5. For him to be a secret top tier, he needs to have a tool or two that puts him in the same level as them.

Now if you were to say that you think that Taskmaster is a secret top tier for UMVC3... then I might be inclined to agree if things stay as is. And even then I am liking the next 6 characters over Taskmaster in UMVC3 (who I believe to be Ammy, C Viper, Zero, Trish, Doom and Dormammu).

Taskmaster is the least represented of the upper to top tier. I know he's played in tournaments. I keep current on Marvel tech. Taskmaster has strong anti-Phoenix strats, notable ranged normals, absurd damage bnbs, absurd chip damage, excellent approach assist, excellent keepaway options, excellent throw range, easy unblockable setups, and one of the best Hypers in the game for punishing. He has synergy with any and every team.

In Ultimate, Air X-Factoring and overall X-Factor damage decrease is actually going to help him. Air X-Factor is perfect for him to continue combos, punish out of blockstun, or double OTG Legion Arrow. He already does absurd damage, so he doesn't need X-Factor to 100% an opponent. His opponents, on the other hand, will have to deal with his health. This assumes, of course, that he really hasn't had any substantive nerfs. It looks like they buffed Shield Charge, which was already a pretty safe approach option/combo-starter.

Frankly, I think there's a lot of unexplored content in MvC3. Which is partly why I think UMvC3 is a little premature. It was only a few weeks ago that we saw Vertical Legion Arrow used as a Dark Phoenix counter. I don't think it's fair to say that his potential's been tapped.

I'm not sure if this has been answered already (searched the last several pages and the OP, but didn't find the answer), but are Jill and Shuma going to be included in the UMvC3 roster on disc? Or will they still be dlc characters that must be purchased separately?

BentMyWookiee said:
I'm not sure if this has been answered already (searched the last several pages and the OP, but didn't find the answer), but are Jill and Shuma going to be included in the UMvC3 roster on disc? Or will they still be dlc characters that must be purchased separately?

Not sure yet. My impression of the trailer is that they still need to be bought, but apparently Capcom said they are still thinking about it. No final decision yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BentMyWookiee said:
Purchased separately.

Theyve mentioned 48 on disk and 50 "including DLC."

BentMyWookiee said:

you gotta buy them mang

if you bought them already then you're good to go of course

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb: Good shit, but Magneto's third on top of attraction and repulsion does not hold them in place, it grounds them. According to someone (I forget who) who was talking on stream, Storm has the third move too and it does the same, and her inputs for the three new moves are mapped to L M an H.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Green Scar said:
you gotta buy them mang

if you bought them already then you're good to go of course

Good. I got it from collection edition.

enzo_gt said:
Dahbomb: Good shit, but Magneto's third on top of attraction and repulsion does not hold them in place, it grounds them. According to someone (I forget who) who was talking on stream, Storm has the third move too and it does the same, and her inputs for the three new moves are mapped to L M an H.

I am concerned that it might be spammable. Someone need to test it to see if it is spammable.

Hmm, on SRK they were saying that Storm's winds are mapped to DP and RDP S.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
Good. I got it from collection edition.

I am concerned that it might be spammable. Someone need to test it to see if it is spammable.
From the Magneto gameplay we've seen, it's pretty damn spamable. You can get one in around any second and the recovery isn't bad either. This can definitely get nasty for characters who can't teleport.

Thanks for the quick answers. That sucks that they aren't on the disc, but oh well.

Though I'm curious, even if I don't own Jill and Shuma, am I able to fight against them online? I never once ran into them while playing vanilla MvC3.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:

So a version takes them to the ground? Even from a Super jump? It's pretty interesting that they're implementing a defensive mixup option.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
Hmm, on SRK they were saying that Storm's winds are mapped to DP and RDP S.
Weird, I think it was DiosX or another player who was saying this was the case.

I'm not trusting anything at SRK at the moment. Way too many rumours of stuff that are floating around with no concrete base or source.

@GuardianE, not sure if it works in a Super Jump but I'd imagine so.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
BentMyWookiee said:
Thanks for the quick answers. That sucks that they aren't on the disc, but oh well.

Though I'm curious, even if I don't own Jill and Shuma, am I able to fight against them online? I never once ran into them while playing vanilla MvC3.

You should since they are in disc and patch.

enzo_gt said:
From the Magneto gameplay we've seen, it's pretty damn spamable. You can get one in around any second and the recovery isn't bad either. This can definitely get nasty for characters who can't teleport.

I thought it was cool addition until my friend who happens to be good player at mvc3. He explained me of "possible situation"

Imagine Mike Haggar as your last character, then Magneto could push him away in corner until the time out with new move.

Dahbomb

I will agree with the 2nd part and while the first part has truth to it, you have to consider the argument I am presenting in that while Taskmaster clearly has very good stuff... the top 5 just has better. Since you listed his good stuff, I am going to list some good stuff of the top 5 for comparison sakes.

PHOENIX

Not even going to bother listing her good stuff. It never ends.

WOLVERINE

*The most imperceptible mix ups in the game. God's Beard said it the best "invisible 4 way mix up".

*Invincible special that covers at least 3/4th of the screen

*King of decimating characters upon incoming after deaths or snap back

*Highest kill ratio in the game, highest happy birthday rate as well

*Super easy and good damaging BnB. Has a combo that can kill with 2 meters and it's easier than Taskmaster's.

*Very little scaling on his moves mean he kills so fast in X factor that he has enough time to kill another character on in-coming.

*Godlike throw game as every touch leads to death if he wishes. One of the few characters in the game who can kill off of a ground throw.

*DIVE KICK... enough said

*Brain dead f+H, Drill Claw, Dive Kick, air throw option selection game

*Fast dashes, fast and high priority normals. One of the best Ls in the game. Standing one is fast, crouching one shrinks his hit box and has great range plus can be rapid fired and hit confirmed into a combo after like 5 presses. Jumping L is an INSTANT OVER HEAD.

*Very small hit box when crouching, even gets under Tron

*Berserker Charge makes a very dominant character into a god. Loops everywhere, makes everything safe and allows him to hit confirm with B Slash into a full combo.

DANTE

*One of the best if not the best range/hit boxes on normals

*Some of the highest damaging, highest meter building combos in the game

*Gets insane damage off of a hard knockdown (like Haggar assist) or possibly even a kill. Haggar + Dante is at least as good as Wolverine + Akuma.

*Has the best move in the game: Hammer. Complete invincible, hits overhead, great hit box, +20 on block and leads to TOD combos. And guess what? It beats the DIVE KICK

*Excellent IAD game and combined with his hit boxes allows for some of the dirtiest cross ups/unblockable game in MVC3

*A safe, 3/4th screen poke that can be used to hit confirmed into a combo

*Can make any of his normals safe using Bold cancels and can get out of situations most other characters can't thanks to this mechanic

*Only character who has access to a mini-X Factor that gives him 2 of the best moves in the game. A super fast, high damaging and high chipping full screen beam and an invulnerable dash attack that leads into TOD combos.

*Has a TRACKING TELEPORT

*For a character built around rushdown and combos, Dante's zoning game is one of the best in the game thanks to his high ranged attacks and good number of projectiles (some of them are homing)

*Dirty mix ups on in-coming characters using Acid Rain

*2 great assists, Jam Session is one of the best assists in the game due to how much utility it has

*Can both start and end the DHC glitch. One of the biggest abusers of the glitch in the game

MAGNETO

*Fastest beam in the game. So much of the cast can't do shit about the Disruptor it's one of the most dominant projectiles in the game. Also available as an assist.

*High damaging and high meter building combos

*GODLIKE air throw/ground throw game which almost always lead to character death. Doesn't even need an assist to combo off of it.

*J.H is one of the most dominant normals in the game. Crosses up, huge range, great hit stun, OS with air throw, leads into air loops and TODs.

*The fastest tri-jump in the game. If you are standing on the ground and blocking low... you have just been opened up by Magneto.

*One of the best rushdown in the game COMBINED with one of the best runaway/zoning game. Makes so many other characters obsolete.

*One of the best if not the best LVL3 in the game. Full screen, easy to combo into and can be comboed after.

*One of the few characters who has an even match up against Dark Phoenix.

*A major abuser of the DHC glitch because of his ability to start it after his Hyper Grav loop.

WESKER

*One of the best characters in the game who doesn't need meter to wreck a team. Top of the list for point character in a Phoenix team.

*Superb reset/mix up game, in the corner you are pretty much put into a vortex of mix ups

*After Phoenix, the most absurd X factor bonuses in the game. 200% damage boost with a speed boost on an already very dominant character

*Low gun shot assist gives your team access to relaunch combos and unblockable set ups. One of the best assists in the game

*Dominant normals that are generally safe on block and have high priority

*One of the best air throws in the game which can be reset back into. Can do this all solo

*Deadly Command throw game (1 frame command throw leads into high damaging combos)

*Gun shots are a great zoning tool and if used as an anti-air lead into full combos. Also gun shot loop in X factor

*Combined with assists, Wesker has some of the dirtiest cross ups in the game thanks to his teleport shenanigans

*Counter hyper leads into a full combo (as compared to Taskmaster's which doesn't)

*Out of the top 5 he has the highest health which leads into situations where he edges out a win with just enough life remaining due to the meter he has built over

enzo_gt said:
Weird, I think it was DiosX or another player who was saying this was the case.

I'm not trusting anything at SRK at the moment. Way too many rumours of stuff that are floating around with no concrete base or source.

@GuardianE, not sure if it works in a Super Jump but I'd imagine so.
This is exactly what I thought when I read about the buffs on Hulk and Ammy. I wasn't sure, but I posted it anyway. I saw the excellent Trish breakdown on SRK yesterday and noticed she was different, but I refrained from posting it until I was sure about it.

I figured more knowledgeable gaffers would soon sniff it out and sure enough, Dahbomb delivered. Next time I see something I feel good about on SRK I'll pass it on along to gaffers more quickly. The faster this information disseminates, the better.

Dahbomb

It's best to be looking at the character forums rather than just the general UMVC3 thread on SRK. The people at the character forums know about their characters better especially the lesser used ones.

And if you find something new even rumored, best to just post it and have people be aware of it so we can get to the bottom of it. Just put a warning on it like I have "take with grain of salt".

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb said:
I will agree with the 2nd part and while the first part has truth to it, you have to consider the argument I am presenting in that while Taskmaster clearly has very good stuff... the top 5 just has better. Since you listed his good stuff, I am going to list some good stuff of the top 5 for comparison sakes.

*very solid wealth of information*

I just think Taskmaster soundly beats everyone below those top 5. Very convincingly. And even in the cases you've listed, Taskmaster has tools against these people. It might not be a favorable matchup, but one vs. one matchups are not as important in games like this. As you know, you are not put into a situation all that often where two characters are against each other one on one sans assists and X-Factor.

Taskmaster is just solid IMO, but he's not tricky. At all. He's as straightforward as Wesker, but can't even open people up as well as Wesker.

He just seems like a standard character you can stick anywhere really. Nothing really puts him over the top. Solid damage for baby BnB's but damage is everywhere in this game anyway.

Everything he does is just good, not great. His left/right sucks, and his high/low is meh. Without his airthrow being good (and legion arrow causing so much damage), would he really be anything to fear? You just have to get a feel for his normals having great range and then he becomes a lot easier.

If your character can move to get around Aim of Hawkeye, and you know how to chicken block/expect throws under pressure, I just don't think he's THAT great. Definitely solid, but top 15 maybe.

Every time I get hit by Taskmaster that lets him get a BnB, I chalk it up to a mistake on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom