• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ULTRA 2015 Electronic Music Festival |OT| Stay classy, Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
It's that time of the year again, so I thought a thread would be in order. And this year, they brought freaking Röyksopp.

Livestream? YES (Twitch)

Previous years threads: 2014 - 2013 - 2012

GAFs EDM OT

i5Mnb0SPaSApp.jpg

Chris R

twitch stream? EVEN BETTER

edit:
Code:
DANCE PARTY
░░┌──┐░░░░░░░░░░┌──┐░░
░╔╡▐▐╞╝░░┌──┐░░╔╡▐▐╞╝░
░░└╥╥┘░░╚╡▌▌╞╗░░└╥╥┘░░
░░░╚╚░░░░└╥╥┘░░░░╚╚░░░
░░░░░░░░░░╝╝░░░

Ferny

Always wanted to go to Ultra but its so expensive. Maybe ill make the 3 hr drive down and hit up south beach for the after parties.

seeing as how i just told my Coachella tickets, watching this stream is going to have to be my spring music festival fix. looking forward to it.

Ferr986

So Eric Prydz is only on the ASOT Stage?
wow, so weird.
Anyways, looking forward for that Stage and Staurday's Stage 7 (although Im not sure if that will be streamed).

Main stage is well... Armin, Axwell and maybe Dash, Knife Party and W&W. Not much more for me. Where the fuck are Above and Beyond this year? :(

Wooooo.

Hope they stream some of the ASoT line-up.

ASOT Stage will be fully radiostreamed on their site.

Video depends on the Ultra stream though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
In previous years the Ultra stream has been pretty annoying in the sense that they like to jump around between stages so they don't show the entirety of a set. Even worse is they prioritize the massively popular DJs over the less popular DJs.

It's a good thing the Prydz set will be livestreamed via ASOT - at least that means it will be recorded by someone for posterity.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I used to listen to 3LUA's early remixes back when I was a freshman, it's pretty insane to see how far he's come.

In previous years the Ultra stream has been pretty annoying in the sense that they like to jump around between stages so they don't show the entirety of a set. Even worse is they prioritize the massively popular DJs over the less popular DJs.

It's a good thing the Prydz set will be livestreamed via ASOT - at least that means it will be recorded by someone for posterity.
I've never understood why they can't be like Coachella and just have 3 streams or something.

I always like watching the Ultra streams and they were always complete ass on Youtube. 480p stutter whenever anyone popular was on. Makes me excited for it to be on Twitch for the quality and for the chat.

Also they really need to just do 3 or even 2 streams. 3 Streams where 1 is the usual jump around stream and 2 dedicated streams to showing full sets would be awesome.

Ashhong

If only Ultra will fucking pay up and get multiple video streams. Why don't they do that??? I love Prydz but I'm wondering why Armin chose to put him on ASOT this year. Kind of an odd choice. I liked seeing his sets on Carl Cox stage

Jarnet87

Always wanted to go to Ultra but its so expensive. Maybe ill make the 3 hr drive down and hit up south beach for the after parties.

I'd check this out ahead of time. a lot of clubs jack up their prices because a DJ will do a show at their place after Ultra ends for the night.

Last year the stream jumped around but not nearly as much as EDC or Tomorrowland/world did. Every 5 minutes the 2 latter streams would jump to something else, at least Ultra you could watch 20 or 40 minutes, and sometimes the whole set later in the night.

I've never understood why they can't be like Coachella and just have 3 streams or something.

Would be amazing, we'll eventually get there.

mr stroke

Twitch LOL

really Twitch? Isn't DOTA and LoL I enough?

Not expecting much outta the stream, last 2 years were terrible. 10 mins on and off, of each DJ :/

Twitch LOL

really Twitch? Isn't DOTA and LoL I enough?

Not expecting much outta the stream, last 2 years were terrible. 10 mins on and off, of each DJ :/

Ultra in general is a huge shit show.... I mean I'll still listen but never going to Ultra again. Stick to Insomanic, ID&T, and the local here (USC) events. Maybe ULTRA Japan is nice I don't know but Ultra Miami is really just a cash grab.

Ferr986

If only Ultra will fucking pay up and get multiple video streams. Why don't they do that??? I love Prydz but I'm wondering why Armin chose to put him on ASOT this year. Kind of an odd choice. I liked seeing his sets on Carl Cox stage

tbh Prydz could have been in the Main Stage too, apart from the ASOT stage.
Maybe they didnt hire him for the Main Stage, so Armin grabbed him for the ASOT stage?

TKR92

I know it's not gonna happen. But I want to see Sasha & John Digweed on the main stage.

As always, ASOT lineup is very good.

Jarnet87

11082656_10152903654537739_7231248244134105506_n.png

Live Stream Schedule for today. Would have loved to see more of Adam Beyer. 40 minutes of Cox is awesome. Combined with the audio stream it ain't too bad for day 1. Tiesto will disappoint as always.

TKR92

11082656_10152903654537739_7231248244134105506_n.png

Live Stream Schedule for today. Would have loved to see more of Adam Beyer. 40 minutes of Cox is awesome. Combined with the audio stream it ain't too bad for day 1. Tiesto will disappoint as always.

only 10 min for Andy C?
Why bother? Uhh...

Jarnet87

EDC and Tomorrowland/world streams are worse from what I watched last year, they do even more jumping around. At least towards the end of the night we get to see more of certain sets.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Coachella and Roo have spoiled us with 3 channels streaming via YT.

I wanna see a bunch of people, but my #1 would be PVD.

On a side note Lebetard and co have been complaining all week about this. Stugotz says it's just constant craziness and loud music. Dan says it's naked chicks and babies doing molly.

LOL

The Phase 1 DJ lineup is everything that is wrong with electronic music. It gets better a couple of levels down, though.

And 40 minutes for Carl Cox, WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom