• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II box confirms 1st person mode and 250 page art gallery

Devid905

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/ultra-st...erson-mode-pits-ryu-against-shadaloo-soldiers
Gallery Mode

Features illustrations from SF20: The Art of Street Fighter.

Color Edit

Change a character’s graphic to your liking. You can also use your color-changed characters in online battles.

Fire! Ha-DO-ken

Control Ryu from the first-person perspective and repel the Shadaloo Soldiers that draw near. Hold the Joy-Cons with both hands and unleash Hadokens, Shoryukens, and Tatsumaki Senpukyakus.

You can strengthen your character using growth points you obtain as you progress through the game. There is also a mode in which you can practice special moves.

Rather than rotating your legs, a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku can be activated through hand positioning and arm movement speed.

Development Status

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers is currently 50 percent complete.
USF2_Fami-scan_02-14-17.jpg

So I just had a weird thought. Can you link switches while docked? This would be the first console version that I am aware of that you could do 2 "cabinets" with locally as far as I know. Might be a fun setup!

The teaser video shown Ryu throwing a Hadoken. The name of the game mode mentions Hadoken.

I think it's just a small minigame where you only throw 3 or 4 type of attacks and maybe block in 1st person, instead of a full fighting game in 1st person.

I think you're right.

Platy

How the hell is this game only 50 percent complete? Did they JUST start development on it? Either there's a ton of stuff not announced/shown yet or the development cycle is really quick.

To be fair it is not like it is being made by lots of people at capcom =P

i-Jest

Time to face the facts that SF:III is the ugly step child of the Street Fighter main line. It's just not very popular. You would see an Alpha collection before SF:III

Do you really think that way about the Street Fighter 3 as a whole? We got one of the most significant fighting game ports last gen in the form of Third Strike. My understanding is it was well received by the FGC. Sure we got alpha ports but not the Alpha anthology as a whole, correct me if I'm wrong. The Evo Moment with parrys is the stuff of legend in the FGC. The series has its flaws but I personally think labeling something most SF fans hate is a stretch.

The more i think about it, the more happy i am that we get a Street Fighter 2 rather than SFV. I have SFV and although i like it, I hays the fact that so many characters are hidden behind DLC and that it takes ages to play a game with so many menus and fluff. For what the switch is, i think SF2 works much better.

Just wish a 30 euros price.

Cuburt

They shouldn't have kept the Udon art, especially if they are charging $40. It will just make most people write it off as HD Remix with a new name.

Wasn't the original HD Remix like $20 on XBL Arcade? I think people will be interested since it's Street Fighter that you can play with your friend on the go, but they could have certainly done more and really captured people's imagination with an old game.

Skeletos311

It looks like they have a lot of SFIV models in this. If only they would add SFIV to the graphic modes for the regular game.

Mister Wolf

Hopefully we can get a definitive edition of Street Fighter 3 on the Switch with all the backgrounds from the three versions available for use during gameplay and a rebalancing of the fighters. That would be a dream come true.

Cepheus

Strange that we got a 3rd Strike port last gen, but no Alpha in site.

Still, New Generation and Second Impact have never seen a remaster like Third Strike did either.

Hopefully we can get a definitive edition of Street Fighter 3 on the Switch with all the backgrounds from the three versions available for use during gameplay and a rebalancing of the fighters. That would be a dream come true.

That would be absolutely amazing! Though, leave the fighter balance alone, or at least make it an option that you can turn on and off. They were thinking about rebalancing characters for the PS360 port of Third Strike but decided not to at the last minute because of the backlash, and also because it wouldn't be a true port if they messed with the balance.

Hyun Sai

Do you really think that way about the Street Fighter 3 as a whole? We got one of the most significant fighting game ports last gen in the form of Third Strike. My understanding is it was well received by the FGC. Sure we got alpha ports but not the Alpha anthology as a whole, correct me if I'm wrong. The Evo Moment with parrys is the stuff of legend in the FGC. The series has its flaws but I personally think labeling something most SF fans hate is a stretch.

Yeah, the game got his fans among the more hardcore FGC. It was a failure anywhere else though despite the big publicity of Evo moment.

They shouldn't have kept the Udon art, especially if they are charging $40. It will just make most people write it off as HD Remix with a new name.

Wasn't the original HD Remix like $20 on XBL Arcade? I think people will be interested since it's Street Fighter that you can play with your friend on the go, but they could have certainly done more and really captured people's imagination with an old game.

HDR was 1200 msp or $14.99

sibarraz

Banned

I think that he refers towards casuals, who by 1997, didn't cared for Third Strike while Alpha 3 was doing good business

Heck, as a kid I knew about alpha 2 yet I only learned about third strike in 2005, and I was born in 1989

I think that he refers towards casuals, who by 1997, didn't cared for Third Strike while Alpha 3 was doing good business

Heck, as a kid I knew about alpha 2 yet I only learned about third strike in 2005, and I was born in 1989

So did a lot of people

Evo moment 37 effect + the PS2 and Xbox releases

Neoxon

Time to face the facts that SF:III is the ugly step child of the Street Fighter main line. It's just not very popular. You would see an Alpha collection before SF:III
Then where's the HD Remaster of Alpha 3?

I actually enjoy the Alpha games, I just prefer Third Strike.....& 2nd Impact, since 2I was my introduction into the franchise.

HyperHip

Color Edit mode sounds pretty dope, especially since you can take the colors online. Wonder if 50% complete means they have enough time to add ST and SSF2 character variations.

MaLDo

60 bucks for a port of an over 25-year old game.

Yes, a super enhanced HDified port, but still a port.

After playing the HD version port in Xenia, it looks worse than the original. I mean, even the no-HD version included in the HD port looks way worse than the original. Aspect ratio, scaling, filtering, everything was wrong. I don't know how many of those are fixed in the new switch port.

After playing the HD version port in Xenia, it looks worse than the original. I mean, even the no-HD version included in the HD port looks way worse than the original. Aspect ratio, scaling, filtering, everything was wrong. I don't know how many of those are fixed in the new switch port.

that's because there was no way to use the old backgrounds, just the old sprites.

USF4 fixes that at least, lol.

edit: by "fixes" I mean old backgrounds are available, along with the 4:3 aspect ratio. No idea what the filtering options are.

Top Bottom