• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nib95 said:
Fantastic thread. Great content and slick banner. brilliant choice of screens as well.

Will you be adding user reviews to the OP as well like the KZ2 thread? If so I wouldn't mind having my one up there. Which should be this week or next, definitely before the release of the game anyway (I hope).

Anyway, once again, great job. If any PS3 exclusive deserved a great OP, it was this one.

Thanks.

I will add GAF reviews like the Killzone 2 and Fat Princess threads as soon as the game is released.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
slider said:
I'd read 12/13 elsewhere but not sure if that'll make enough of a difference for you.

I don't do much MP because I live in Japan and the time difference is too much most times to catch up with my friends from GAF and all my friends here have babies or are starting businesses or whatever....

and I love great SP games...

games under 15 hours make me cry..

Blackace said:
SP is only 10 hours long? :(

The game looks sooooooo damn awesome and fun.. but that is a huge minus for me..

I've played the original Uncharted 4 times, and that was to find all the treasures, and complete Crushing.

It's more like a 40 hour single-player experience if you are looking to unlock everything.

nib95

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Well that was awfully cryptic.

Tell me about it. Sent a bit of a shiver down my spine lol. Immediately I was thinking DAMN, does he mean because the game will be so awesome, or because he has cancer or something?!

Some of my favorite games of all time are well under 15 hours. In fact aren't most games that aren't RPG's less than 15 hours?

Tell me about it. Sent a bit of a shiver down my spine lol. Immediately I was thinking DAMN, does he mean because the game will be so awesome, or because he has cancer or something?!

Seriously. I hope he just means that he thinks it'll be so awesome that any game after it is going to suck in comparison and that he might as well quit gaming :lol

slider

Blackace said:
I don't do much MP because I live in Japan and the time difference is too much most times to catch up with my friends from GAF and all my friends here have babies or are starting businesses or whatever....

and I love great SP games...

games under 15 hours make me cry..

Ouch. But my advice, and you can trust it totally, is to get it anyway...

EDIT: Also, see what OP posted below.

WretchedTruman said:
ahem...

the+dude.jpg

I realize this, and find the comparison relevant. :lol

It's because Uncharted has been labeled Dude Raider for so long.

Blackace

KilgoreTrout said:
I've played the original Uncharted 4 times, and that was to find all the treasures, and complete Crushing.

It's more like a 40 hour single-player experience if you are looking to unlock everything.

Don't get me wrong, I played the first 2 times and couldn't get up for the 3rd run....

With so many great games on the docket from here to Spring, I don't think I'd be all that juiced up to play the game again..

McLovin

Nice OP! Can't wait for this game! PS3 purchase will be justified again.. just like when the first Uncharted came out.

Slurmer

Banned
nib95 said:

:lol :lol My bad. I didn't even think of it being interpreted like that. Just that I'm kind becoming less interested in gaming, and this is one of the last games I'm really looking forward to.

Blackace said:
SP is only 10 hours long? :(

The game looks sooooooo damn awesome and fun.. but that is a huge minus for me..
It's more like 10-15, plus multiple play throughs. And who are we to complain when most games are 5-8 hours now adays :lol

Slurmer said:
:lol :lol My bad. I didn't even think of it being interpreted like that. Just that I'm kind becoming less interested in gaming, and this is one of the last games I'm really looking forward to.

I can sleep soundly now. Not that I know you or anything, that would have just been really fucked up :lol

Blackace

untoldhero said:
It's more like 10-15, plus multiple play throughs. And who are we to complain when most games are 5-8 hours now adays :lol

5 - 8 hours? What games are you playing? the last "short" game I played was Batman..

In like Flynn.

Single Player story is what I want to see--and the twist, which I'm guessing will be Yetis, or Marco Polos whole crew, reanimated.

DrPirate

Banned
Beautiful thread, can't wait to pick up my preorder (already prepaid for)

And if Evan Wells is reading this, we had an AWESOME game 2 nights ago.

Alex

My only complaint is that I'd like to have had an option for co-op during the main campaign, otherwise it looks quite spiffy.

Boombloxer said:
Single Player story is what I want to see--and the twist, which I'm guessing will be Yetis, or Marco Polos whole crew, reanimated.

Please. I hope they didn't wuss out over the complaints about the twist in the first game, I thought it added a really nice
supernatural
touch and I love shit like that, which is one reason I'm a big Indiana Jones fan. Bring on the epic crazy!

Just two weeks to go. Part of me wants to do another play through of the original before the release, but I think I'll go in fresh.

Shining Sunshine said:
Oh shit best boxart evar!

Though I'm not a fan of the art style, I just love hand-drawn covers and they're vastly superior than CG rendered covers like the U.S. cover. But I still like the U.S. cover well enough, I prefer artwork like that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Blackace said:
5 - 8 hours? What games are you playing? the last "short" game I played was Batman..

Games I've played between 5-10?

Uncharted 1 was about 8
Heavenly sword came in about 5 or 6
R+C if I remember was just under 10 maybe a little less
Gears 2 came in at about 9 maybe a little less.
Metal Gear was long, but if you skip the cut scenes it's not quite as much as you'd think.
Killzone 2 was about 7 or 8 if I remember
and of course COD4 was somewhere around 5 hours.

edit- Serious question, what games are over that length? I'm pretty sure resistance 1 was about 10 and resistance 2 was a bit longer... or maybe vice versa.

nib95

Banned
OP, I think you should add the EU and Japanese Box arts. As is, this thread is too American for my tastes lol. Where's some love for the international community?

Great job kilgore, I'd say you're getting close to Bruce's level ;) Can't wait for this game. I love playing MP with the gaf crew, but single player is why I love Uncharted. And I can't wait for the story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom