• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 - two new pics

Kittonwy said:
Holy smoke the sequel is getting alot more attention than the first game which is good.
KlintIndifference.gif

Whatever wins the Best of Show GCA award tend to get a lot of coverage. The coverage should ramp up even more leading up to its release.

WinFonda

Things that would be cool,

Behind the scenes and a "making of" Blu-Ray disc

Soundtrack

Sir Francis Drake's ring / Nathan's Necklace

Developer commentary (would be sweet if this was a standard blu-ray feature for all of Sony's titles)

thuway

Give me an Uncharted 2 Shirt, a making of disc, and what would be really really nice is if they somehow included the first game inside a "box".

Dever

Banned
WinFonda said:

Soundtrack

Developer commentary (would be sweet if this was a standard blu-ray feature for all of Sony's titles)

That will probably be already on the disc just like in Uncharted 1.

jett

D-Member
WinFonda said:

Soundtrack

Fuck that. That kind of shit better be included in the regular edition of the game, just like original Uncharted.

jett

D-Member
Euphor!a said:
There was developer commentary in the original?

"that kind of" stuff. The original Uncharted had like 30 minutes of awesome bonus behind the scenes material. They better not intend to rip us off. :p

Loudninja

Uncharted 2 Live Chat with Naughty Dog Tomorrow at 2PM Pacific
So with all the Uncharted news of late, could there be a better time to get back into the live-chat swing? We think not, and that’s why tomorrow, the Dogs will be here to field your questions via live Q&A. Specifically, we’ll have Creative Director Amy Hennig and Game Director Bruce Straley from Naughty Dog on board, so do whatever you can to be here at 2PM Pacific tomorrow armed with your Uncharted 2 questions. See you in 24.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...hat-with-naughty-dog-tomorrow-at-2pm-pacific/

Loudninja

Evan Wells: The single player campaign is definitely going to be longer than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. We have over 90 minutes of cinematics alone! And of course we have the competitve and co-op multiplayer modes too!

Evan Wells: The Beta was a huge success. Thanks to everybody who took part. We got a lot of great feedback on the forums that's going to make the final game play much better. We've already implemented a ton of the features that were requested and we have a lot of new game modes, maps, and boosters that we're looking forward to showing off soon.

Loudninja

Evan Wells: We're still finalizing our final list of Trophies and it looks like we might include a couple of MP trophies, but we don't want to have any that require any amount of grinding to rack up a ton of kills or wins.
Good news guys!

Thrakier

Loudninja said:
Evan Wells: The Beta was a huge success. Thanks to everybody who took part. We got a lot of great feedback on the forums that's going to make the final game play much better. We've already implemented a ton of the features that were requested and we have a lot of new game modes, maps, and boosters that we're looking forward to showing off soon.

Well...BAM!

Loudninja

Evan Wells: We are only supporting online multiplayer. We didn't want to comprimise the visuals going from single player to multiplayer and to include a split screen option at this time would have meant making that sacrifice.

AmyH: Uncharted is, at its heart, a character-driven story. I think that's why the game has such a broad demographic appeal -- we find people of all ages and genders are fans of the game, and I think it's because we've got characters (and a story) that are compelling.
So the drama, emotions and conflicts between the characters are critical to our story. Of course there are external plot events that push the story forward, but it's really the relationships between the characters the propel the story along. In this regard, I think Uncharted 2 is even more dramatic than the last game.

Evan Wells: Our entire combat and enemy system has been revamped for this game which includes our hand to hand melee. We now have classes of enemies that will change the way in which you have to approach them. The lightest classes of enemy will allow you to perform hand to hand combat much the same way it was in U: DF, but the medium classes enemies will counter your attacks requiring you to dodge before you can finish them off. Then the heaviest class of enemies won't let you melee them at all!

Evan Wells: Yes, we're going to have another multiplayer demo before the game hits shelves. The exact timing isn't finalized yet, but it should be available to an even wider group this time, so if you missed the last one I don't think you'll have any problem getting in this one.

Erebus

Multiplayer demo confirmed!

2:22
Evan Wells: Yes, we're going to have another multiplayer demo before the game hits shelves. The exact timing isn't finalized yet, but it should be available to an even wider group this time, so if you missed the last one I don't think you'll have any problem getting in this one.

Loudninja

Evan Wells: Thanks! We've received overwhelmingly positive responses to the Beta and as I've said before the data that we gathered has helped us make it even better. For instance we now have a skill rating that we use to match players against one another to ensure that the matches are close.

Evan Wells: We haven't announced all of the multiplayer modes yet, but I can tell you that you have several more competitive modes than we tested in the beta and at least 2 more cooperative modes (that are actually some of my favorite). We also have variations on all the competitivemodes that focus on specific kinds of weapons. And of course our Cinema mode allows you to play back any of your matches and view it from ANY angle. You'll also be able to upload those recordings so others can download them and view them on their PS3's. You'll also be able to upload screenshots from that mode as well.

More good news guys! :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Asked this: Was there any adjustment you made to the MP based on beta feedback that was also mirrored in the single player experience? If so, any example?

Amy Hennig said:
I'd say there's a similar amount of puzzles in Uncharted 2 as in Uncharted 1, but overall there's also more problem-solving in the levels -- meaning: figuring out how to navigate the environments, and what's the best approach to different combat set-ups. Also, we still have a journal in this game (this time it's Nate's journal, not Francis Drake's diary) to assist in puzzle-solving -- but this time the player will have to thumb through the pages themselves to suss out the solutions to the problems.

Excellent!

Loudninja

AmyH: I'd say there's a similar amount of puzzles in Uncharted 2 as in Uncharted 1, but overall there's also more problem-solving in the levels -- meaning: figuring out how to navigate the environments, and what's the best approach to different combat set-ups. Also, we still have a journal in this game (this time it's Nate's journal, not Francis Drake's diary) to assist in puzzle-solving -- but this time the player will have to thumb through the pages themselves to suss out the solutions to the problems.

Sounds cool!

Loudninja

CrushDance said:
Loud, make a new thread. I almost missed this and I'm sure others have as well.

You have to make it :p
2:40
Evan Wells: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, deferred rendering, cloud computing, paralax mapping, high dynamic range tonemapping, per object motion blur, cascade shadows, sub surface scattering simulation...

AmyH: Nate does a little more globe-trotting in this game than in Uncharted 1, so there's a wider variety of environments. Everything from urban areas, ancient temples, jungle swamps to snowy and icy locales. Nate's journey takes him from Turkey to Borneo, up to Nepal and into Tibet and the Himalayas.

Loudninja

CrushDance said:
I can't lol, you do it.
(neutral) Loudninja

2:45
Evan Wells: We're using a variety of rendering techniques (several mentioned in my last answer Cool) to give our snow and ice a realistic look. Drake and the enemies will leave footprints in the snow with 3D clumps that build up around their feet, and it even has gameplay implications when the weather really whips up and visibility becomes an issue.

Wollan

Evan Wells: Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, deferred rendering, cloud computing, paralax mapping, high dynamic range tonemapping, per object motion blur, cascade shadows, sub surface scattering simulation...
So hot.

Top Bottom