• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

the game still has that annoying issue of being stuck at 97%, or stuck on that screen with you and all your teammates and opponents, or not being able to get out of a lobby once the percentage counter starts, all of that stuff is really annoying

How are the matchmaking times these days? I haven't played in months, but last I played I was consistently waiting 5+ minutes for a match. That ultimately killed it for me, otherwise I probably would've played it a lot more.
Matchmaking is uber slow if you play in party. It's tolerable if you play solo, but sometimes late join bugs out.

the game still has that annoying issue of being stuck at 97%, or stuck on that screen with you and all your teammates and opponents, or not being able to get out of a lobby once the percentage counter starts, all of that stuff is really annoying
Yeah, I could understand this on the PS3 where the game had to load assets from the Blu-Ray disc, but it's totally unacceptable on the PS4 where all assets are installed on the HDD.

Yeah, I could understand this on the PS3 where the game had to load assets from the Blu-Ray disc, but it's totally unacceptable on the PS4 where all assets are installed on the HDD.
yeah! smh. Multiplayer just isn't a priority for ND which is a damn shame. Why bother to include it then

Cogburn should get rid of his inane "eSports" obsession. TLOU2 MP should have no Ranked and SBMM. Just focus on making a fun MP experience, or else you risk alienating your fanbase and abandoning yet another roadmap full of promises...

Cogburn should get rid of his inane "eSports" obsession. TLOU2 MP should have no Ranked and SBMM. Just focus on making a fun MP experience, or else you risk alienating your fanbase and abandoning yet another roadmap full of promises...
Ah this reminds me I gotta make a tlou2 multiplayer wishlist thread

One last complaint about Uc4 - very often I get the hitmarker crosshair showing up, but don't get an assist for it. The system is broken with the down/ko. I don't mind it because it encourages teamwork but once an opponent is down and you attack them while they're on all fours, but your teammate ko's em off - you don't get any credit for it

Matchmaking is still great and fast from my experience, definitely less than 5 minutes of wait (I mostly play TDM, King of the hill and Classic).

Any idea what it's like for ranked? I pretty much exclusively played ranked (solo, no party) back when I was playing, and the wait times were brutal. Definitely better for the non-competitive modes, but I had the most fun with ranked, so it was a trade-off.

Any idea what it's like for ranked? I pretty much exclusively played ranked (solo, no party) back when I was playing, and the wait times were brutal. Definitely better for the non-competitive modes, but I had the most fun with ranked, so it was a trade-off.
The wait times are brutal because of SBMM. Playing the same players over and over again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Skill based MM was and will always be a mistake. I just love running into the same people every night I decide to play!

Miggy

Looney, if you're reading this. Sorry for leaving you hanging yesterday. I completely forgot your invite. 😩

test_account

XP-39C²
I got my first master reward in Ranked Team Deathmatch today :) I never bothered much with Ranked TDM before due to when i first tried it, it felt that my team always got overrun by the other team. Now that i played it more, it still happened a few times, but overall it felt more balanced. Did Naughty Dog change anything regards to this? Maybe not allowing people who are in a party to be matched up against non-parties? Or maybe i just didnt play it enough to begin with?

Also, do you get anything more reward after this? I got 200 "master points". Is this just to regards to have the possiblity to level down?

I also encountered a cheater yesterday. First time i did that i think. Was playing on Pirate Colony and i got killed several of times by a guy who was underground. Luckily for the cinema mode, it was easy to see how he did it, and with the built in record function on PS4, it makes it easier to give proof when reporting cheaters.

TripOpt55

They said there would be some Lost Legacy stuff added to multiplayer on one of the interviews I watched. Not sure if that just means skins and cosmetic stuff. Hopefully they do at least a map for it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hope they surprise everyone and make it one final huge update before they're done supporting the game. I expect nothing big, but I hope they prove me wrong. Adding more characters, more maps, bringing back ping based matchmaking over this garbage SBMM, if more modes are not possible then bringing back the lab playlist, etc. I think that would make people incredibly happy. Also, they need to do more relic events as well....

Foxxsoxx

I hope they surprise everyone and make it one final huge update before they're done supporting the game. I expect nothing big, but I hope they prove me wrong. Adding more characters, more maps, bringing back ping based matchmaking over this garbage SBMM, if more modes are not possible then bringing back the lab playlist, etc. I think that would make people incredibly happy. Also, they need to do more relic events as well....

Yeah a few maps and skins/guns would be sweet.

WarWolf

I said "Sony does nothing about it". What do you think that means? It goes without saying that they have received reports and they see nothing wrong with that particular group.

Does it? Maybe they haven't. Maybe the community is harmless. Maybe ND uses it to help find exploits and patch their game.

I've played this game plenty and cheaters are very rare. ND makes it easy to report them and they ban accordingly.

I know this is the MP thread but the OT isn't very active so figured i'd ask here,
anyone have trouble with skins in the single player?

Says it needs to reload the checkpoint but nothing changes.

AKyemeni

I know this is the MP thread but the OT isn't very active so figured i'd ask here,
anyone have trouble with skins in the single player?

Says it needs to reload the checkpoint but nothing changes.
It only works for those characters.

For example, if you chose a Rafe costume, it only works for when Rafe shows up.

In other words, you can't play as another character.

It only works for those characters.

For example, if you chose a Rafe costume, it only works for when Rafe shows up.

In other words, you can't play as another character.

Oh I figured that but Nathan Drake's don't work either, for example I pick the island skin and it says it will reload the checkpoint. It reloads and he still has the same outfit.
Cheats and such all work though.

WinFonda

Have they ever added a new map for like the laat 6 months?

they added Treasury which in all honestly feels derivative of a bunch of other maps

when i heard the name I thought it might be a map set on the pirate ship where Drake and Rafe duel

nope, it's basically just an extension of new devon

it's not horrible or anything it just has a very similar aesthetic to like 3 or 4 other maps

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Went back to UC3 MP to check it out again and man, it's incredible how much content that game has. I really miss that MP, as it was my favorite one. Team Objective baby!

What update?
The "Spring" one...

26724906131_42b3142be4_b.jpg

http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted_the_lost_legacy_e3_gameplay_demo_reveal

"We’ll also be revealing our new DLC update for Uncharted 4: Multiplayer and Survival, which will be launching later that day and included with Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in August."

Went back to UC3 MP to check it out again and man, it's incredible how much content that game has. I really miss that MP, as it was my favorite one. Team Objective baby!

35 maps vs. U4's 14.

More modes, better modes, adventure co-op, better survival.

All maps eventually went free for everyone.

This no season pass model sucks.

Drencrom

Wait, they are planning to update Survival too?

The UC2 horde mode dream is real

Please ND...

EDIT: Wait, there was a MP trailer? I skipped most of the stream because I didn't want any Lost Legacy spoilers

All maps eventually went free for everyone.
And they kept the Default/DLC toggle, instead of making the maps a mandatory download. Casual players didn't bother to download the free DLC maps, not to mention the game/PS store region mismatches. Try playing non-TDM playlists with DLC on.

UC4 MP sucks for not delivering the same amount of content and making every map follow the 3-lane paradigm, but let's not pretend that DLC playlists were a boon. They were the equivalent of Ranked playlist. Slow matchmaking, tons of lag & sweat, almost zero fun.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Classic is a permanent Playlist now. No new map, weapons, mysticals, nothing. KOTH for ranked, and like 84 new vanity items.

Wait, they are planning to update Survival too?

The UC2 horde mode dream is real

Please ND...

EDIT: Wait, there was a MP trailer? I skipped most of the stream because I didn't want any Lost Legacy spoilers

Well, a clip showing off the new mp stuff anyway, but i only saw a few seconds of it and then it skipped to the end.

What i managed to see:

- Ranked KOTH
- Classic back for good
- New heavy weapon (looked like the Hammer from U2 and U3)
- A bunch of new vanity items (i think around 70-80)

Classic is a permanent Playlist now. No new map, weapons, mysticals, nothing. KOTH for ranked, and like 84 new vanity items.

Wait, what about the part where it showed a guy swinging around the wooden tower on Treasury? The guy was using a grenade launcher and there was something like a pop-up showing the weapon up close. I thought it was a new heavy weapon. It skipped past it so fast though that i couldn't make much of it.

Edit:

OK, nevermind, for some reason they were just featuring the old heavy weapons in the trailer while showing off classic mode. Eh, pretty weak update new gameplay content wise. Ranked KOTH should be a breath of fresh air at least.

Top Bottom