• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

No thanks. They sucked in UC2 because they didn't make any noise, so all the damn try hards picked them since they had an advantage over everyone else. They either need to have VA or they should remain in UC2.

Personally, I would rather have them add other characters that were in the past games first, like Cameraman Jeff, Schafer, Rika, Draza, Pinkerton, Guerro, etc.

so get the damn VAs, then. problem solved! it was a good dlc nonetheless.

They're not going to pay voice actors for a dozen different languages (people tend to forget that video games are not English only) for a game that doesn't really have a huge MP population to justify the investment.

How hard would it be to find the same actors again though come on it's money

Also yo random thought it would be cool if they got Kazuma Kiryu as a dlc. He was in a hot shots golf iirc.

If it was that easy, we wouldn't have to make do with Fake Flynn. And Kiryu didn't even make it into PS All-Stars, much less Uncharted. Hell, we didn't even get him and Akiyama in the western version of Binary Domain mp, which had the same dev and publisher as the Yakuza games. Although, if they made a sequell to the former (or BD, for that matter), i suppose his chances would be exponentially higher now.

TripOpt55

I've been playing this again in anticipation of The Lost Legacy. A little rusty! Mostly looking forward to the campaign, but I'm curious to see what they might add to the multiplayer. Hope it brings in some new players at least.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Told you survival arena is coming! Interested in it, but I hope they don't fuck it up like how awful regular 'survival' is.

Also, MP needs some more love man. Where's the labs? Maps? Granted, I know we'll get some lost legacy map(s), but this MP needs events to get people to come back! Give me more relic weekends, do community events! Something!

They're not going to pay voice actors for a dozen different languages (people tend to forget that video games are not English only) for a game that doesn't really have a huge MP population to justify the investment.
well disregarding voice actors I think it's reasonable to say that the mp population in Uc4 is bigger than in Uc2.
If it was that easy, we wouldn't have to make do with Fake Flynn. And Kiryu didn't even make it into PS All-Stars, much less Uncharted. Hell, we didn't even get him and Akiyama in the western version of Binary Domain mp, which had the same dev and publisher as the Yakuza games. Although, if they made a sequell to the former (or BD, for that matter), i suppose his chances would be exponentially higher now.
Kiryu in psallstars would be a full fledged character, in Uc4 he would be just a voice and a skin. But yeah it's just wishful thinking on my part anyways. I'm disappointed he didn't make it into Tekken 7, either.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I logged into UC4 MP and got greeted with a message saying the VIP bonus has increased from 20% to 40%. Applies to all relics challenges.

I logged into UC4 MP and got greeted with a message saying the VIP bonus has increased from 20% to 40%. Applies to all relics challenges.

It has been at 40% for months.

Kiryu in psallstars would be a full fledged character, in Uc4 he would be just a voice and a skin. But yeah it's just wishful thinking on my part anyways. I'm disappointed he didn't make it into Tekken 7, either.

Good point. But both PS AS and U4 mp have in common that Sony didn't throw their full weight behind them, which is why we can't have nice things like a Kiryu guest appearance.

Drencrom

If they keep the timed garbage in Arena, headshots only with pistols, collect those fucking golden coin bullshits etc etc. I'll be considering this game dead for good.

We need some new maps as well.

Yeah, I don't see them keeping the time based ranking bullshit at least. What's the point of making a new survival mode if it's gonna be just like the current one?

I just really hope they make it all about surviving waves of enemies and no tedious and boring objectives. Sadly they mentioned something about objectives in the leaked description of the mode, but I hope they at least limit the objectives and modifiers a lot if so.

Good point. But both PS AS and U4 mp have in common that Sony didn't throw their full weight behind them, which is why we can't have nice things like a Kiryu guest appearance.
yeah I guess it makes sense that Sony didn't throw full weight at the Uc4 mp because the player base really is pretty low. these are completely different games though and if we manage to get a sequel then they should try harder in getting more 3rd party characters including Kiryu.

yeah I guess it makes sense that Sony didn't throw full weight at the Uc4 mp because the player base really is pretty low. these are completely different games though and if we manage to get a sequel then they should try harder in getting more 3rd party characters including Kiryu.

It's pretty low because it didn't get much support. It launched missing a huge amount of content its predecessor launched with, still doesn't match it even with what they added and uses a shitty f2p style system for unlocks.

It's pretty low because it didn't get much support. It launched missing a huge amount of content its predecessor launched with, still doesn't match it even with what they added and uses a shitty f2p style system for unlocks.

for sure. Uc3 had way more packed into its mp; it included splitscreen, had a survival and co-op mode. Uc4 has only one of the three. Such a damn shame because this could've been playstation's halo 5.

Dundar

30fps. Survival arena is fine, Survival should have been this from the start. But as a final update it's really minimal effort from ND. Aww well.

I think people are speculating this based on the road map, but I seriously doubt (and hope) it is not.

Unless LL brings in a large amount of new players, or manages to bring old players back and keeps them around, then I don't see there being any more updates, maybe one more map before the holidays but the fact that we didn't get a single new map with the new game is pretty telling.

Unless LL brings in a large amount of new players, or manages to bring old players back and keeps them around, then I don't see there being any more updates, maybe one more map before the holidays but the fact that we didn't get a single new map with the new game is pretty telling.
Currently ND has no MP map designer. They're looking to hire someone.

At the very least they could add some block mesh maps... then again, maybe it's not that simple because of sidecocks.

nel e nel

for sure. Uc3 had way more packed into its mp; it included splitscreen, had a survival and co-op mode. Uc4 has only one of the three. Such a damn shame because this could've been playstation's halo 5.

Do you think they just decided on a whim to not include that stuff? Like, they were in a meeting and were "Ya know, fuck those Stallion and Artisan guys"?

Or maybe the player data showed those were the least played modes?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Do you think they just decided on a whim to not include that stuff? Like, they were in a meeting and were "Ya know, fuck those Stallion and Artisan guys"?

Or maybe the player data showed those were the least played modes?
You're giving them too much credit.

This MP is bare bones, period. This data nonsense is dumb, because even after their 'peak' the other modes were populated and you could find a match. It's only years after they were released where you have trouble finding games on certain modes that are not TDM. Even now, you can still find matches of TDM quickly in UC2 and UC3.

Take Plunder. It worked and played well in the past two games, yet in 4, they completely ruined it for no reason whosoever. Or why not look at TLOU MP having a solo Playlist and this game lacking one. These uncessary changes and decisions just shows that there was something going on with the MP team for this game.

It plays well, it runs at 60fps, the gun play is amazing, but the game no matter how good these elements are will always lack content. This is what this game is missing still: content.

I am a dedicated player in the Uncharted MP games, where I play them years after everyone else has moved on to other MP titles and for me, it's such a disappointment at how everything was handled for this release. Missing modes, a repetitive experience with survival which was basically time trials (though at least arena will somehow fix this), no labs, no community events, hardly any XP/relic weekends, maps, missing characters from past games... It just makes you think wtf went wrong.

And this past stream... I don't even have words for it.

ND lacks consistency. I don't buy the "lots of people have left" excuse, because this applies to pretty much every company out there. Nintendo, for example, has consistency in their games, no matter how many people have left/joined the company during the past 30 years.

I'll give you one very prominent example which proves ND's lack of consistency/vision: Plunder has been ruined in every single Uncharted game because of killfarming shenanigans. Everyone knows that it's very easy to fix it from the get-go, and yet ND loves procrastinating/ignoring solutions that worked in the previous Uncharted MP iterations.

Please don't tell me that it would cost millions of dollars to re-implement these mechanics (which already exist in the form of C++ code) and that it's Sony's "fault" for not giving them enough funds... we're not talking about mo-cap or anything fancy here.

Cogburn -as a huge Nintendo fan- should take some notes from them. Learn to have consistency and a clear vision if you want to compete with the "big boys", or else you risk getting the tacked-on MP stigma.

A question about survival mode - I haven't touched UC4 in ages and TLL has survival mode in it - its not an online MP mode? I coudn't tell. To me, its funny that its a wholely seperate mode in the game outside of MP.

I tried to change my daily challenge and I lost 100 relics because the server didn't respond... anyone else?

A question about survival mode - I haven't touched UC4 in ages and TLL has survival mode in it - its not an online MP mode? I coudn't tell. To me, its funny that its a wholely seperate mode in the game outside of MP.
It's both solo (with an annoying NPC) and online MP enabled. Solo doesn't require PS+.

Kalentan

Question.

I know Lost Legacy includes Uncharted 4's MP. So can I uninstall Uncharted 4 and simply continue playing from Lost Legacy?

Drencrom

Do we know what's in the "Uncharted 4 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy MP game-play Bundle" that comes with the Uncharted:TLL pre-order?

Top Bottom