• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

taizuke

I guess the reason Sony didn't fought hard for the Rise of The Tomb Raider exclusivity was because they were counting on U4 this year. But, now PS4 owners have neither...

Hopefully Last Guardian takes it's place. It'll definitely help lessen the sting. Either that or FF XV but that's a dream.

Curufinwe

I guess the reason Sony didn't fought hard for the Rise of The Tomb Raider exclusivity was because they were counting on U4 this year. But, now PS4 owners have neither...

Hopefully Last Guardian takes it's place. It'll definitely help lessen the sting. Either that or FF XV but that's a dream.

They don't need to fight for third party exclusives cause they are way out in front.

OptimusLime

This is not an Ubisoft "OH GOD THIS GAME IS FUCKING BROKEN" delay that results in a shitty game nonetheless. I trust Naughty Dog is delaying this game because they want it to be perfect.

Or EA (see "Battlefield Hardline")
I do wish the industry would just keep the release dates quiet, and not preview so early, but that aint gonna happen. Gotta pop the stock.

Aww, this breaks my heart. A bit, I can wait. Hope they get the time they need. I'm proud of them that they were not scared to delay the game. Really great from them.

So you honestly related this delay as if there was an implication that the PS4 is hard to develop for, rather than Naughty Dogs wanting to improve the game content, not necessarily involved with hardware optimization?

I haven't. I just said that it was quite funny in retrospect with all the delays that kept happening. I will now refrain to comment on it since it seems like some of you don't really like it.

If we get the original trilogy remastered to tide us over no-one will care.

remastering all three uncharted game in time for the holidays seems like a pipe dream. you also have the problem of the sheer size of a package like that. 20G for U1, 20GB for U2, and 40GB for U3. your heading into multiple blu-ray disc territory.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't. I just said that it was quite funny in retrospect with all the delays that kept happening. I will now refrain to comment on it since it seems like so of you don't really like it.

Exactly, so your comment seems irrelevant to the actual delay. If you want to focus on difficulty of development, then it applies to the change of hardware (not just PS4) and developers becoming more ambitious.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously it's a good idea. I'm sure Sony doesn't want to release yet another underwhelming first party title, especially when it's Uncharted. I hope they take as much time as they need to make it a great game.

PopFisto

Banned
At least there are tons of cool looking indie games coming. They look amazing.

You just can't rely on AAA games anymore. So few come out, and are frequently delayed.

I was on the fence about building a Gaming pc this year or stick to my ps4... I guess I know the answer now

join us
iP836RpuSgFa7.gif

Frillen

nah. we only play holiday season games.
there is always a fucking excuse

People are just worried that Sony won't have a big title for the holiday season. Relax. You don't have to enter defense mode just for the smallest things.

Anyway, gimme Uncharted 1-3 Remaster please!

bloodborne releases in 2 weeks.

oh doesnt count because reasons

And neither does the other bajillion games hitting the system this year.

Some people are really showing themselves in this thread. This year is stacked with quality products from start to finish and this is the reaction you see? Sad. I feel sorry for these folk, seriously. To have that narrow of gaming tastes must be BRUTAL.

Just don't delay NMS.

Please.

please dont

Reg

Banned
I was refencing the graph he put entitled "How long it takes for coders to create usable graphics with the hardware." showing that they shrunk it down to 1 to 2 months, something equivalent to the PS1 era whereas the Ps3 was 6 to 12 months.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/28/4475874/ps4-evolved-from-lessons-learned-developing-the-ps3

It's in the video, sorry I'm on mobile.

"Time-to-triangle"

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/28/cerny-ps4s-time-to-triangle-to-rival-ps1/

But that's unrelated. Their engine already works (PS Experience demo).

Yup it's about getting your engine/technology up and running on a ps4 quickly (especially in contrast to the ps3 dev environment). AND NOT about design and content creation which can possibly take massive amounts of time and manpower.

FATALITY

Banned
People are just worried that Sony won't have a big title for the holiday season. Relax. You don't have to enter defense mode just for the smallest things.

Anyway, gimme Uncharted 1-3 Remaster please!

im not in defense mode. i dont really care if they release the game tomorrow or next week as long its a good game. it just tiresome read comments trolls that come from users like killer, genio88 etc

Screw it, I'm buying a ps4 next year. By then it should be cheap enough for me to bite and it'll have more games then too. In the mean time I'll just mooch off my brothers ps4 should any game interest me.

B.O.O.M

oh maaaaaaan..that's disappointing. But on the flip side they should take all the time they need with this to make it as perfect as possible.

I'm sure Sony has at least one exclusive game for the Fall

Not sure why this matters.

Why does it matter if I get it a game in spring and summer instead of fall and winter?

I'm sure it doesn't matter to you, but what I'm saying is that people just want to know what they have to look forward to in the Holiday season, since usually that's when all the big hitters come out. I am sure that Sony will announce their Holiday 2015 lineup at E3, so no need to panic for the PS4 gamers out there.

The guys who are complaining about this, would you rather the workers face inhuman work times to meet a unrealistic deadline ? or that the product is released in an infinished work state ? Because those are the alternatives. And they are bad alternatives.
Throwing more people at the problem wont necessarily help anything, because they will need to integrate and learn of the studios workflow and work ethics. Not to mentio how they fit in ability wise or socially.

This is the best solution to give us as good a game as possible.

Choomp

Banned
If P5 is out by November then the delay isn't a big deal to me.

Truly. I don't even think I was going to get it by the end of this year anyway. To a lot of us I don't think it's a problem, but it was still the main piece of the PS4's holiday lineup.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
When any other studios game is delayed, everyones pissed.

But when naughty dog delays something they get praised. lol

Maybe the children aren't home yet to be vocal about their anger at ND for the delay of GOTY 2015.

Meanwhile, the more mature people understand that there are only so many hours in a day and accept that development can exceed original deadlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom