• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 had:

Infamous (March)
MLB (May)
TLOU (July)
Driveclub (October)
LBP3 (November)

2015 has:

The Order (February)
Bloodborne (March)
MLB (March)
Until Dawn (Summer)
Tearaway (Summer)
Persona 5 (Likely fall)
Ratchet and Clank (Probably holiday)

E3 should also yield some more releases.

Not to mention tons of third party and indie titles, there's a large amount of exclusive content this year and an ton of multiplatform games.

No one's PS4 should be collecting dust, even without Uncharted 4.
I don't see any No Man's Sky and other Japanese games on this list :p

31/03/2016

ACSC6TL.png

seems like a placeholder date to me.

ShutterMunster

I don't understand the idea that this means there's some UNCHARTED TRILOGY: Remastered set coming this year. A bunch of people gearing themselves up for more disappointment. Silly.

redfox088

Banned
Sony seems to like spring for the triple AAA in house games and let the third party AAA games fight it out in the holidays actually seems pretty clever

wolfhowwl

Banned
Unfortunate for Sony but after recent blunders from high-profile franchises with undercooked releases I think we can agree it is for the best.

seems like a placeholder date to me.

thank god it wasnt a random 31/12/2016, this is exactly like Bloodborne was dated back then

Placeholder date. Bloodborne had the same date when it was first announced. I believe March 31 is the end of a quarter.

i posted it because of that, and i understand that spring is march, april and may. so at least it wasnt another full year and we have a time frame (more or less)

should be taken with a grain of salt though
but im happy

Ascenion

I don't understand the idea that this means there's some UNCHARTED TRILOGY: Remastered set coming this year. A bunch of people gearing themselves up for more disappointment. Silly.

Its feasible. There's no way Sony didn't know the game was getting delayed/looked likely to be delayed ahead of recently, especially when you call it 8-9 months out from the original launch. I'd wager ND let them know it wasn't looking in good earlier this year or late last year. They likely set something in motion then. This is simply my speculation so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
SONY can repeat the same E3 they did last year, show the same games, a little bit of MGSV, a little bit UC4 those indies that have been shown since the PS4 announcement that are not still out, see? no need for SONY E3 this year just rewatch last year's

This makes me sad but it's true.

Macrotus

To me, its better than to pull a UBI soft.

I hope Tomorrow Children gets released this year. I haven't heard of a release date so maybe somewhere during the second half of 2015?

Pafounapa

Neo Member
For those fearing about Zelda U getting delayed because we saw nothing, remember Skyward Sword. They practicly showed nothing about the game between e3 2010 and e3 2011, then BOOM, shitload of trailers, release date: November.

It's going to be the same thing, no way Nintendo will push it to 2016. They need Zelda for the holiday season.

ShutterMunster

Its feasible. There's no way Sony didn't know the game was getting delayed/looked likely to be delayed ahead of recently, especially when you call it 8-9 months out from the original launch. I'd wager ND let them know it wasn't looking in good earlier this year or late last year. They likely set something in motion then. This is simply my speculation so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Yeahhhhh

They're not spinning up a remaster trilogy for release this year. Naughty Dog went through a tremendous ordeal to port TLOU, they most certainly wouldn't be handling this trilogy set, leaving it to a lesser talented team to do it. It's not happening. Give up the ghost.

What's most crazy of all this is that at this rate we'll probably only get one more ND game out of this gen and it'll most likely be TLOU 2 or a New I.P. (Though a New I.P. might take a bit longer)

I think that this was anticipated by many... Sad, but what does that leave the PS4 this holiday season?

On another note, now that Tomb Raider on the XB1 has no competition this holiday, Crystal Dynamics may kick themselves over the lost sales (if the rumors regarding part of the reason for timed exclusivity for reasons other than MS's checkbook are true).

taizuke

They don't need to fight for third party exclusives cause they are way out in front.

I know but the Tomb Raider exclusivity didn't bother me because I had U4 to fall back on. They must've been thinking the same thing and now that won't be the case.

meppi

Well that's fucking depressing...

Yet I really do like them taking this path and being honest about it instead of crapping out a half-arsed game and making us think it's everything that it was supposed to be.

So in the end, thanks guys! And no that's not sarcasm. ;P

831fed82a85437a7c7c47a373d3141b042593d8db8d7fd174207724f486426bf.jpg

Now more than ever.
Perfect.

Copenap

Uh. It has everything to do with what you quoted. March 31st is the end of the fiscal year, which means it is also the end of a quarter. Q4 ends that day.
Oh boy...

Look, March is always the end of a quarter. No matter if you look at fiscal or calender years, end of March is always the end of a quarter...

Hence my reaction to the post saying he "believes" end of March is the end of a quarter. But apparently that ia not as well known as I thought.

Yes, I believe, I'm not positive. I don't know much about how fiscal years and quarters work in this regard.
Sure and I truely didn't mean to be rude but the concept of quarters is actually the same for fiscal and calender years so it really is straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom