• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chobel

Two new high profile exclusive* games for $350? That would be big. Plus you factor in Black Friday deals, it will be below $299.

One of them will be 2 months old by that time (Halo 5 Should be in September), the other is not that big in US. It will be as good as ACU bundle, only it will be one year later but at the same price.

They delayed to dodge Mass Effect 4.

Believe.
pretty sure these 2 games have a better chance of going head to head than before (seeing how it was more likely for Me4 to release Q1 next year than this year at all), as well as their possible remastered trilogies.

Josh5890

Well, that much is true, at least.

This isn't a dealbreaker for Sony, so long as one thing happens: They have another big release for 2015 to replace this.

Sony needs to dig deep. They have to have something to replace this.

Hopefully, they have something up their sleeve, but personally, I doubt it.

Maybe, just maybe they have Gran Turismo 7 in the works for a fall release. My only reason for this would be that they havve said before that GT 7 has been in development for a while and wouldn't take too long to come out. GT 5 wasn't out until four full years into the PS3's life. I'm guessing Sony doesn't want to make PS4 fans wait until 2017.

I'm probably shooting for the stars with GT 7. It will probably be a 2016 release.

Maengun1

Bummer.

I'm all for the game being as good as possible, so fine take the time. It's a bit of a sting though to hear it's more than a year away. Uncharted was my favorite series last gen, and I'm craving this one.

vpance

Kinda thinking they made the decision to add VR enabled puzzles or something and need the extra time. If you have Morpheus, during those moments Drake dons an ancient magic Aztec warrior mask.

Megatron

I'm just not understanding some folks rational here, it's like they think Sony's entire lineup for 2015 has already been announced!! And Nothing new was going to be announced at E3, GamesCom or TGS!!!

Well because traditionally that's basically what has happened. What did Sony announce after this point last year that was released in 2014? Little Big planet and maybe some indie games like that dragon game that released the day of E3? Usually we know about the big games well over a year in advance for both companies.

Phreak47

Is anyone really surprised, considering that Druckmann joined the project midway in? It's probably going to end up better than it originally would have, and I don't mind the wait.

Bummer.

I'm all for the game being as good as possible, so fine take the time. It's a bit of a sting though to hear it's more than a year away. Uncharted was my favorite series last gen, and I'm craving this one.

I feel the same way, I've been craving a new one for years. I guess the extra few months isn't a big deal but it would be nice to have it sooner.

Nizz

Literally just found out about this while watching a Gamespot news youtube vid and wow, can't say I'm completely surprised but nevertheless this is hugely disappointing. This was one Fall 2015 title I was really looking forward to, especially since Rise of the Tomb Raider is X-Box exclusive till at least a couple of months. Honestly this would be a perfect time to release a remastered set of the OG trilogy to get people ready for 4. Maybe get Bluepoint Games working on it while ND continue work on U4.

Have Bluepoint even worked on any games for current gen?

Lemondish

Remember how everybody said Tomb Raider timed exclusivity meant the inevitable PS4 version wouldn't have to go up against Uncharted 4?

Whoops.

Trickster

If you only cared about Uncharted, sure.

Else, 2015 is an amazing year.

Eh i dunno man, I feel like all the big games that come out turn out to not live up to expectations. Couple that with seemingly every game getting delayed and yeah...Current console gen isn't exactly blowing my socks off so far.

2016 best year ever.

Uncharted 4
Mass Effect 4
God Of War 4
Final Fantasy XV
Gran Turismo 7
Destiny 2(haha)
Street Fighter 5
Media Molecule's Morpheus killer app

Lemondish

Well because traditionally that's basically what has happened. What did Sony announce after this point last year that was released in 2014? Little Big planet and maybe some indie games like that dragon game that released the day of E3? Usually we know about the big games well over a year in advance for both companies.

It seems pretty often now that publishers like Sony are blasted by gamers each time a title is announced too soon and slips out of its release window. DriveClub, the Order, Watch Dogs, the Witcher 3, Batman, Dying Light, the Division (not even the devs felt they'd make 2014), and Mad Max are all games that were announced for a 2014 release but slipped into this year.

It's unlikely that Sony is unaware of that trend. If anything, the previous tradition informing us of their likely announcements is equally as likely to result in there actually being new titles unveiled for Fall.

Lemondish

I dont know how people can be mad about this.........! :) Chill out

Because exclusives are a million times more important to GAF than they are to anyone else.

I mean, without big AAA exclusives every month, the industry would instantaneously implode and the guvment would come and take away all our gaems or something.

The fuck they are. This will torpedo their plans to release at a later date on PS4 and avoiding UC4 this Xmas.

Not that they had much chance to begin with. I think that bridge was burned long ago, especially with it being cross gen and missing the vast majority of the franchise's PS focused fanbase.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
so Uncharted4, God of War 4, sony bend new game, MM new IP, Horizon and david cage new game are all 2016 games? seriously

Lemondish

Something tells me this will be delayed again to Holiday 2016 :(

That's called cynicism.

so Uncharted4, God of War 4, sony bend new game, MM new IP, Horizon and david cage new game are all 2016 games? seriously

If that's true, and I personally hold that an E3 surprise or two will mean it isn't, then we might actually see Sony drop the price to make up for the push UC4 would have provided over this holiday season.

Opt1kon_

I don't see this as a Bad thing, I honestly think sony will bag the beginning of next year with SFV & Uncharted 4 Alone and this year already seems packed i trust The Naughty Gods to do a good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom