• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Game Informer preview details [Up: Will have multiplayer]

Uncharted4_web.jpg
Be respectful and source the dude that created the art pls

http://patrickbrown.deviantart.com

Alo0oy

Banned
Doughnut Drake kissing Elena in a cutscene would be hilarious, it's one of the best benefits or real time cutscenes, if they go even further & allow you to choose different characters as skins, & not only for Drake but for everybody, I would replay the game 100 times.

Druckmann, I know you are reading this, please please let us choose the skins of all the main characters, & make skins more than just clothes but alternate characters too, please, I would buy 10 copies of the game if you do.

Mr. Fix

Huge thanks to ND and Gameinformer for doing this preview. I feel like I've already had my fill for info. But I probably won't be able to help myself in watching future trailers.

Heartfyre

Speculation time: I don't think the "A Thief's End" subtitle refers to Nate's death. I think it refers to Sully's death. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he's not dead already, and since he's such a beloved character, there's a lot of emotional payoff to having him murdered by the villains.

I just hope that if it happens, it happens late-game, I'll want to soak up as much Sully as possible.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Neil, why were you people bullshitting us before, then.

I don't know if the game is going to be 60 fps, but it could be 60 fps and still be really fucking hard to get there. I'm pretty sure they said that about TLOUR actually.

jett

D-Member
I don't know if the game is going to be 60 fps, but it could be 60 fps and still be really fucking hard to get there. I'm pretty sure they said that about TLOUR actually.

They clearly bullshit us with a trailer that was rendered at a perfect 60fps.

At this point there's a bigger chance of The Last Guardian being released than this game being 60fps.

He looks so buff. What happened to the nerdlinger from Uncharted 1?
that's just a fanart and he looks more cut than buff. he was too buff in Uc2 but that's why they made him lose weight in Uc3.
Well, we have seen that screen, but not at such resolution and with not-absurd compression.

::drool::
there is considerable compression/lowres/pixelation in that screenshot.
Yep that's almost enough there. The next step after Uncharted 4 is to get rid of the few imperfections like improving on clothing tesselation and then just focus on improving the environment in ND's future projects. Those character models are insane.
what are you talking about? "almost here"?
Yeah. It's a matte painting. They combine photo collections with painting.
that's just an impressive matte painting, videogame concept art or not
Damn...that is the best character model in a game I have seen...!
that is the best damn console graphics ever.
OT: Uncharted 4: A Downgrades End
lol. I think it is safe to suggest the demo was pre-alpha footage.
The podcast also confirmed that there's still a small team working on "something else".
really?
"How hard would is to get Uncharted 4 to run at 60fos"

Neil Druckman: " Really fucking hard"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podca...edition-podcast-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end.aspx
i'll have to see this

but damn. I didn't think they'd have so much trouble with 60fps, and this is ND here.

so much for having 1080p/60fps be the standard this gen. at least for Ps4.

they made tlour 1080p/60fps and that was a port. this is a game built from the ground up for Ps4.

jett

D-Member
Straley/Druckmann were reluctant to say if there was a dedicated crouch button in the game, which probably means there isn't. Calls the plants were Drake crouches "stealth plants"... So yeah, "automatic" stealth. :|

Ricky_R

Straley/Druckmann were reluctant to say if there was a dedicated crouch button in the game, which probably means there isn't. Calls the plants were Drake crouches "stealth plants"... So yeah, "automatic" stealth. :|

That would be.... weird. Hopefully there's a crouch button if they want to implement better stealth mechanics.

I will wait and see though. ND has never failed me when it comes to controls. Drake didn't have a crouch button, although stealth hasn't really been fleshed out until now.

It sucks if true though. Joel's crouch was godsent.

they probably want the control to remain mainly the same since this is an Uncharted series, not TLoU game. O button will probably remain a cover button

I wouldn't mind if they did that, but it would be so easy to implement a crouch button. There's never been a function for R3 or L3 yeah?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They clearly bullshit us with a trailer that was rendered at a perfect 60fps.

At this point there's a bigger chance of The Last Guardian being released than this game being 60fps.

We're talking about the cutscene, right? Maybe because that actually is running at a perfect 60 fps?

Your second statement is incorrect mathematically as the first event has a 0% probability. Like I know it for a fact.

jett

D-Member
I wouldn't mind if they did that, but it would be so easy to implement a crouch button. There's never been a function for R3 or L3 yeah?

I'm guessing they want to keep Uncharted "breezy" without "overcomplicating" its control scheme. Not like TLOU is all that complex, but eh.

We're talking about the cutscene, right? Maybe because that actually is running at a perfect 60 fps?

Your second statement is incorrect mathematically as the first event has a 0% probability. Like I know it for a fact.

We've now entered the negative zone.

I'm guessing they want to keep Uncharted "breezy" without "overcomplicating" its control scheme. Not like TLOU is all that complex, but eh.

giving every button a function isn't overcomplicating it. if you give them all a function just for the sake of it then yeah don't do it, but if there is a function that is fitting in the game you'd like to implement up to the player and you have a button available, why not?

already seems like people aren't warming up to what ND is doing in terms of the "stealth foliage". so is foliage like that always gonna be there in an area in which you are around enemies? now that I think about it, looking back at the demo, that does largely seem to be the case.

Top Bottom