• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think I fucked around looking at the stars in UC3 one time, and eventually it said "press <something> to solve this puzzle."

I'd rather quit gaming than let an Uncharted puzzle take pity on me.

Yeah. Getting owned by an Uncharted "puzzle" is a low moment.

But then, some people are saying they have to take "an hour" on some encounters on Hard in UC2 and UC3 (and then poo-poo the action gameplay of the series)... also not good.

Hahah that's new to me. You can't actually skip them as soon as you reach them though. You still have to wait a bit it seems.

Were you playing on easy, btw? Does the game solve them for you on all difficulties?

Hard. It prompted me on hard so I am sure it does on easy and quicker too obviously. Yeah after you suck at it long enough the game has mercy lol.

antitrop

Uncharted 3 having so many puzzles is part of the reason I'm finding it so hard to be bothered finishing it. The pacing is such a disaster, I can only play it in 30-45 minute chunks before I get hopelessly bored.

I still have a week to force myself through the last half of it, but I'm not enjoying it at all. The setpieces are cool, but the pacing between them is wack. I enjoyed the Young Nate stuff at the beginning, but as soon as that was over I lost interest in the story.

I liked Uncharted 1 and 2 considerably more, I've always thought people were over-exaggerating about Uncharted 3, but it is easily the weakest in the series, for me.

Uncharted 3 having so many puzzles is part of the reason I'm finding it so hard to be bothered finishing it. The pacing is such a disaster, I can only play it in 30-45 minute chunks before I get hopelessly bored.

I still have a week to force myself through the last half of it, but I'm not enjoying it at all. The setpieces are cool, but the pacing between them is wack. I enjoyed the Young Nate stuff at the beginning, but as soon as that was over I lost interest in the story.

Then 4 might not bode well for you as it has more puzzle elements in the first half much like 3. Though maybe you will enjoy the pacing better.

HMD

I mean it wasn't the best in the series but it's not that bad. Maybe the series is just not for you?

Edit:

Just saw your edit:

I liked Uncharted 1 and 2 considerably more, I've always thought people were over-exaggerating about Uncharted 3, but it is easily the weakest in the series, for me.

You liked 1 more than 3? That's honestly very surprising.

antitrop

Then 4 might not bode well for you as it has more puzzle elements in the first half much like 3. Though maybe you will enjoy the pacing better.
The puzzles in 3 feel like a brick wall to a game that is already moving at a snail's pace. I don't like the story, I don't like the combat, I don't like the moments of downtime, and the puzzles become frustrating, because it feels like I'm waiting for the game to get good and it just isn't (until a fleeting setpiece comes along and disappears like the wind).

I'm really not worried about Uncharted 4, because as long as I'm enjoying everything else, the puzzles don't bother me too much, like they didn't in Uncharted 1/2.

You liked 1 more than 3? That's honestly very surprising.

I like Uncharted 1 considerably more than 3.

I finished 1 again in a single sitting when The Nathan Drake Collection came out last year and had a pretty good time.

The story is better, the combat is better, the setting/location is better (I like how you really get to know the island over the course of the game), and the puzzles aren't annoying.

The first word that comes to mind to describe Uncharted 3 is "incoherent", which is not something I would say about the first two games.

AKyemeni

I'm about more than half way done with 4 so far and this how I'd rate the games.

Story:
UC3 > UC2 > UDF > UC4 = UGA

Gameplay:
UC4 > UC3 > UDF = UC2 > UGA

Puzzles:
UC4 = UC3 > UGA > UC2 > UDF

Something is not clicking with me regarding the story that I can't put my finger on.

U4 having a worse story than all the previous games would be a HUGE MASSIVE con in my opinion. Hopefully is not the case, I'm pretty confident is not.

Edit: Wait... what? U1 = U2 in terms of gameplay!? that's impossible, empirically impossible.

I'm about more than half way done with 4 so far and this how I'd rate the games.

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

Something is not clicking with me regarding the story that I can't put my finger on.

giphy.gif

Uncharted 3's story was fukkin garbage man. Drake's fortune equal to Golden Abyss??

giphy.gif

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

Story UC3 > UC2?
waSRHdT.gif

AKyemeni

U4 having a worse story than all the previous games would be a HUGE MASSIVE con in my opinion. Hopefully is not the case, I'm pretty confident is not.

Edit: Wait... what? U1 = U2 in terms of gameplay!? that's impossible, empirically impossible.
Replaying the Nathan Drake collection, the gunplay and cover mechanics, for me, was better in UDF, but the melee and climbing was better in UC2.

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

Ak don't you be playing with me. You know the story is better than df

antitrop

Replaying the Nathan Drake collection, the gunplay and cover mechanics, for me, was better in UDF, but the melee and climbing was better in UC2.
I didn't notice a difference in cover mechanics and wasn't Uncharted 1's gunplay changed to match Uncharted 2's in the Remaster?

Getting a little frustrated where I am. I'm playing on Hard and might go down to Normal. I feel like on Normal I will be able to use the new mechanics, specifically the rope, whereas right now I'm basically in cover 24/7 waiting for my health to regen.

It's way different from past Uncharteds. It started off really strong but now it's slogging a little bit.

Memento

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

Hum, your opinions sure are very... weird.

They took down the first video review. It got a 9.

What? Which site?

Memento

Getting a little frustrated where I am. I'm playing on Hard and might go down to Normal. I feel like on Normal I will be able to use the new mechanics, specifically the rope, whereas right now I'm basically in cover 24/7 waiting for my health to regen.

Do it

If you feel you will enjoy it more, that is the way you should play.

Edit: double post damn it

LuuKyK

Story:

Gameplay:

Puzzles:

Thats a very hipster opinion. lol Still an opinion I guess. Ranking U3 over U2 story wise is just... very weird.

Gray Matter

One thing I haven't bothered to think about, but did ND keep sticky cover in UC4?

I'm not a fan of sticky cover, much prefer free cover alas TLoU.

Here is my take after finishing:

Story: 
UC4 > UC2 > UC3 = UDF

Gameplay:
UC4 > UC2> UC3 > UDF

Puzzles:
UC4 = UC3 > UC2 > UDF

Set peices:

UC4 > UC3 = UC2 > UDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom