• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

Has anyone find a full version of Nate's Theme 4.0? Would love a link if so, too scared to search it for myself, incase of spoilers.

Next would be this area then.
FfYUZo.png

FkSbxn.png

Not there either so gonna have to do the Jeep footage. Lol

1. I think you already have your answer. Watch the long Madagascar gameplay videos or the jungle combat video and imagine all the routes/strategies you can use.

2. This is apparently the longest Uncharted game, possibly by far. There are probably tons of combat segments of all three types as you define.

<Mac kid thumbs up>

zsynqx

Bruce Straley on the leaks

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2016/04...harted-4-director-weighs-in-on-stolen-copies/

“For me, personally, I don’t care about the money” he explains. “Sony cares about the money and Sony should certainly be like, ‘We need to get these people, we need to stop these criminals.’ This is against the law, but that’s not my issue.

“My issue is spoiling things for the player. Because we craft these experiences and we have so many gems, we really go out of our way to preserve the experience for the player.

“That’s the thing that I get upset about, because we have major moments inside of this game that huge impact on the player. They’re specifically crafted; we’ve work very hard to craft this moment to make it land, make it impactful and to resonate into what you feel, if that’s spoiled for the player, then that hurts me and that hurts that player.

“Straight up, as the creator, that sucks.”

Javin98

Banned
I loved the Ice Cave in UC2. When I beat UC2 in the remaster recently on crushing, my biggest complaint was the boss fight at the end and the end section entirely.

I didn't even really struggle too much with it. But that entire section with the supernatural enemies followed by the boss brings the pacing to a halt.

It sucks because the area is so beautiful but the design of the enemies jusy constricts the weapons you can use to a handful if you want to be remotely successful in killing them.

Though, the fight with the regular enemies in the water way with the thunder is just absolutely fantastic.
If you think the supernatural enemies in Uncharted 2 are poorly designed on Crushing, wait until you get to the Djinn on Crushing, dude. :p

Though, I have to say, I just completed the trilogy again this week with the first game on Hard and the sequels on Crushing and I had relatively little problems with the Djinn this time. Just lucky I guess. :p

Floody

If you think the supernatural enemies in Uncharted 2 are poorly designed on Crushing, wait until you get to the Djinn on Crushing, dude. :p

Though, I have to say, I just completed the trilogy again this week with the first game on Hard and the sequels on Crushing and I relatively little problems with the Djinn this time. Just lucky I guess. :p

So many bullshit death to those fuckers, thankfully they don't stick around long.

Haven't attempted mp. Also what's the best way to post these character screenshots? These are just upclose shots of Drakes model and one or two other shots in the one area from the demo.

Floody

Haven't attempted mp. Also what's the best way to post these character screenshots? These are just upclose shots of Drakes model and one or two other shots in the one area from the demo.

Put them behind a spoiler tag and just give a little description of what they show, probably won't piss anyone of that way.

Though, I have to say, I just completed the trilogy again this week with the first game on Hard and the sequels on Crushing and I had relatively little problems with the Djinn this time. Just lucky I guess. :p

Yea, I didn't struggle much with the Djinns in UC3 on crushing. I think it's cause I was using a nade launcher most of the time. Can't remember now, but no major issues aside from a couple sniping bits.

Javin98

Banned
So many bullshit death to those fuckers, thankfully they don't stick around long.
Indeed, the most annoying things they do are teleport right behind you, immediately gunning you down and tossing an instant explode grenade that has a larger splash radius than normal grenades. In my opinion, the Djinn are the perfect example of the rushed nature of the game.

Yea, I didn't struggle much with the Djinns in UC3 on crushing. I think it's cause I was using a nade launcher most of the time. Can't remember now, but no major issues aside from a couple sniping bits.
Yep, grenade launcher and Tau Sniper FTW. But to be fair, the guardians in Uncharted 2 were only difficult to kill in the first real encounter. Subsequent encounters are much easier with stronger weapons.

Just wanted to pop in to say if anyone knows a place in Arizona that broke Id love to know about it. Lol

Looking forward to the screens Slasher, thanks!

Furyous

Can someone that owns this game speak to the exploration aspects of the levels? How many traversal methods are there?

Are there sharks or other aquatic predators?
Is there a no kill trophy?
Is there a speedrun trophy?

Ascenion

They were never hard. Tau Sniper and M32 Hammer wrecked them from the start.

The problem with living where I live in NC. You'd think I'd have found a store that sells games early by now given how small the state is population wise. But nope. No luck.

The following is just very basic screenshots up close and/or in an area already shown in videos. Nothing new or revealing.

Javin98

Banned
The following is just very basic screenshots up close and/or in an area already shown in videos. Nothing new or revealing.

Is the first one gameplay or cutscene shot? The rest are all obviously gameplay shots. Now assuming Photomode doesn't enhance the gameplay model, it easily looks pretty close to the cutscene model to me, if not, just as good.

Edit: Oops, sorry for double posting. Also, looked through all the pics, unflattering lighting can definitely make the model look worse in some shots.

daftstar

Very nice. One question: Does the PS4 sound like a jet engine when playing it?

About the Easter Egg, is it something that you will find easily playing the game or is it some hard to find secret?
I'll second this because the easter egg thread keeps showing in the front page quite a few times and I'm getting so tempted to open it and get it over with it.

Ricky_R

Nice textures on that last pic. :)

Is the first one gameplay or cutscene shot? The rest are all obviously gameplay shots. Now assuming Photomode doesn't enhance the gameplay model, it easily looks pretty close to the cutscene model to me, if not, just as good.

Edit: Oops, sorry for double posting. Also, looked through all the pics, unflattering lighting can definitely make the model look worse in some shots.
First one is in a cutscene and I zoomed in with photo mode.

Very nice. One question: Does the PS4 sound like a jet engine when playing it?

Of course!

About the Easter Egg, is it something that you will find easily playing the game or is it some hard to find secret?

I'll second this because the easter egg thread keeps showing in the front page quite a few times and I'm getting so tempted to open it and get it over with it.

Dont worry about it. Stay spoiler free.

The easter egg is hard to miss. Not exactly some super hidden secret behind a hidden door or anything like that.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Sully looks depressed in that pic rofl. Hello darkness my old friend...

let me be the first to say that UC4 blue shirt with khaki jeans Drake is his best look. Like I was kinda wondering why he didn't change clothes from Madagascar to the Island where the second half of the game apparently is, but that would mean changing to an inferior outfit so....

That model. Holy shit, that looks impressive.

Order, TW3 on PC and now this probably have the best in-game models I've seen. Seriously impressive stuff.

Javin98

Banned
That model. Holy shit, that looks impressive.

Order, TW3 on PC and now this probably have the best in-game models I've seen. Seriously impressive stuff.
Now that you mention this, I can't help but bring up my opinions on the character models in The Witcher 3. Yeah, the main character models look pretty damn good, but I feel facial animations are sorely lacking. It kinda detracts from the experience to me sometimes.

Wait, you can zoom in with photomode in cutscenes? That's great! Can you also move the camera or is it limited to zooming?

My bad, it was during a talking scene, not a cutscene... sorry. Though I'll have to test what your asking later for my own curiosity as well.

Javin98

Banned
My bad, it was during a talking scene, not a cutscene... sorry. Though I'll have to test what your asking later for my own curiosity as well.
That's cool, just to clarify, talking scene, as in, one of those scenes where the characters randomly converse about something while on their adventure, right?

On that point, I agree. But I think that's pretty much TW3 in a nutshell. It looks good but animates poorly, in almost every regard.
Yeah, jumping animations are especially janky. The game looks great even on PS4 though. Foliage density is very impressive, I can't think of another game with such dense foliage.

Now that you mention this, I can't help but bring up my opinions on the character models in The Witcher 3. Yeah, the main character models look pretty damn good, but I feel facial animations are sorely lacking. It kinda detracts from the experience to me sometimes.

On that point, I agree. But I think that's pretty much TW3 in a nutshell. It looks good but animates poorly, in almost every regard.

benzy

Thanks for those. Any chance you can get an up close of Drake while in gameplay, non-photomode shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom