• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsynqx

there are still outliers out there. But in two weeks it won't matter. We can just say "Best Uncharted game? 4. I mean, duh. Best combat design, visuals, level design, storytelling, puzzles, traversal, exploration, set pieces, sound design...completely different league from the other 3 tbh"

Yeah, but now we will get endless TLOU vs Uncharted 4 debates.

SDR-UK

there are still outliers out there. But in two weeks it won't matter. We can just say "Best Uncharted game? 4. I mean, duh. Best combat design, visuals, level design, storytelling, puzzles, traversal, exploration, set pieces, sound design...completely different league from the other 3 tbh"

Can we not argue what is second best then? I'm disappointed.

Seriously though, different strokes for different folks but hopefully Uncharted 4 takes the series to a new level. My hype levels are ridiculous, I cannot wait to get my hands on the game.

just think, in two weeks we can stop arguing about UC2 vs UC3 for best UC game as we've been stuck doing for years. We can just focus on UC4 for the rest of time.

We can finally put Papercuts' "here why UC3 is actually not good" essay to rest

golden abyss boys
just joshin'

UC2 is always cited to be one of the best improvements over a prequel, and while I agree that's true, UC4 looks to be just a large a leap if not bigger. Radically improved visuals, actual gunplay, stealth that looks to have been rebuilt from the ground up, totally new systems with stuff like grappling and vehicles, etc. UC2 was an intense refinement of an existing formula, while UC4 looks like an actual generational leap over previous games. Like they gutted everything down to the core framework, then rebuilt it 1000x better.

UC2 in 2009 was(still is ) a great game. Solid gunplay, perfect pacing, amazing level design , great set pieces, well written characters ... But yeah end game was not good.

Eh, end game of UC2 was never that terrible for me. It gets way easier once you figure out the purple brehs' crossbows are also super effective against them. Kill one, pick up the crossbow, and mow the rest down.

Gurish

Yeah, but now we will get endless TLOU vs Uncharted 4 debates.

lol exactly, even early players of U4 are disagreeing on this, they all say it's the best in the series but one think it's better than TLOU while the other think TLOU is still the king.

I guess TLOU has that emotional impact that is hard to beat for some people, it doesn't matter what U4 will do.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Sold my PS4 a month ago so the best option I have is to YouTube a play through. Cannot wait.

This post reads like:

tumblr_mbe6s3cYny1re8x6to9_r1_250.gif

Loris146

golden abyss boys
just joshin'

Eh, end game of UC2 was never that terrible for me. It gets way easier once you figure out the purple brehs' crossbows are also super effective against them. Kill one, pick up the crossbow, and mow the rest down.

I know but even the boss fight was not good in my opinion. The entire level just felt out of place for me.

I'm sure we'll still have those special snowflakes who will STILL proclaim UC1 as king.

"There's just.. guys there's just something magical about that island from UC1. Better gameplay, story, graphics, characters and presentation doesn't change a thing for me."

If you want to post pictures :

1 : No sharpening filter
2 : .PNG
3 : No spoiler :)

Yes please thank you. Please turn off sharpness from 25% and take pngs! Very much appreciated. Also slasher is the cinematic from the first teaser still in the game? The one where it shows a close up of drake on the ground? Thanks

Can you post Share button PNG gameplay captures of these areas? Instead of photomode shots I mean.

4. Take some good (nice lighting condition and all) close up shots of Nate so we can all continue the never ending discussion of gameplay vs. cutscene.

If you can, take a gameplay pic of Nate's face very close with light at a 45 degree angle causing slight shadow on one side of his face and a bit under his chin similar, to this maybe closer without body:

from one of the three areas demo so it won't be a spoiler locale.

Thank you.

Will attempt this for all you folks. Just got home and have adult things to do. Will be back tonight!

I'm sure we'll still have those special snowflakes who will STILL proclaim UC1 as king.

"There's just.. guys there's just something magical about that island from UC1. Better gameplay, story, graphics, characters and presentation doesn't change a thing for me."

"I just...REALLY like Eddy Raja, man. Like, you don't understand, I have a custom made figure of Eddy Raja. This is deadly serious. I don't care if all the UC games do everything better, one game has Eddy Raja and the others dont"

Bill's Town tho

Left Behind tho

I actually expect to still prefer TLOU over any UC game, if Im being real. That 1080p/60fps version on PS4 was :wow:

"I just...REALLY like Eddy Raja, man. Like, you don't understand, I have a custom made figure of Eddy Raja. This is deadly serious. I don't care if all the UC games do everything better, one game has Eddy Raja and the others dont"

Left Behind tho

I actually expect to still prefer TLOU over any UC game, if Im being real. That 1080p/60fps version on PS4 was :wow:

They're still pretty different games tho, it's like choosing between dessert and dinner.

Gurish

Ha I love those, they can't point even one thing that U1 is doing better other than "it had a sense of place you know? it was full of soul and magic, Eddie Raja too man", you can't answer those reasons.

I feel like I'll take the easy way out and say that Uncharted 4 is better game but a less impact full experience.
Will this even be a valid answer?

The novelty argument

"Yeah Dark Souls 1 is kinda slow and kinda ugly and the second half is pretty flabby and the Covenants are broken and etc etc, but you can never get that novelty of playing a Souls game for the first time back!"

Kolx

C'mon TW3 is maybe not BB but the gameplay is not that bad, if the game was more balanced with the levels and equipment so it could be a little more challenging I would quite enjoy this aspect.

It wasn't horrible by any mean that's for sure, suggesting it's hardly a game is a joke.

The gameplay was the part that dragged the game down for me. The rest of the game is fantastic but the gameplay was just a chore to play with. I'm happy that people enjoyed it but for I hated it and every time I see more of it I hate it even more.
Anyway this isn't the place to discuss this so I'll stop here.

Ha I love those, they can't point even one thing that U1 is doing better other than "it had a sense of place you know? it was full of soul and magic, Eddie Raja too man", you can't answer those reasons.

I mean I know what they mean and i can understand the "Feeling" argument as you can't just argue against that but UC2 is just too much.

The ONLY thing I don't like about UC2 is honestly the Ice Caves with Tenzin. I thought that part of the game was meh. I thought the end of the game was fantastic. I recently beat the remaster again and I was smiling the whole time. UC1 was very campy and comfortable. I would've' preferred if they revamped the mechanics of UC1 to make it feel like UC2.

I mean I know what they mean and i can understand the "Feeling" argument as you can't just argue against that but UC2 is just too much.

The ONLY thing I don't like about UC2 is honestly the Ice Caves with Tenzin. I thought that part of the game was meh. I thought the end of the game was fantastic. I recently beat the remaster again and I was smiling the whole time. UC1 was very campy and comfortable. I would've' preferred if they revamped the mechanics of UC1 to make it feel like UC2.

Nooooo!! ice cave and Tenzin are so goooood!!! :O

(I didn't like the endless military action at the end, and that lame boss battle).

Floody

That's probably my favorite part of the game, from the start of the train, till Tenzin's village battle. Loved every minute of it.

I always forget why the Ice Cave thing with Tenzin even happens, like what was the narrative justification for it besides wanting to shift gears from the all the action in the war-torn town/train

I loved the Ice Cave in UC2. When I beat UC2 in the remaster recently on crushing, my biggest complaint was the boss fight at the end and the end section entirely.

I didn't even really struggle too much with it. But that entire section with the supernatural enemies followed by the boss brings the pacing to a halt.

It sucks because the area is so beautiful but the design of the enemies jusy constricts the weapons you can use to a handful if you want to be remotely successful in killing them.

Though, the fight with the regular enemies in the water way with the thunder is just absolutely fantastic.

I always forget why the Ice Cave thing with Tenzin even happens, like what was the narrative justification for it besides wanting to shift gears from the all the action in the war-torn town/train

the old dude in the village wanted Drake to see something or other for himself (maybe the dead nazis or whatever) to legitimize the threat because before that Drake was going to give up or something idk really but man those graphics were good

Schaffer wanted to convince Nate to go after Lazarevic, so he sent him to the caves so he could see for himself what happened with his crew and what the Cintamani stone is capable of.

Ice Caves in Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite parts of the game. The atmosphere, the Tenzin/Drake relationship, the atmosphere, the low key pacing after the intensity of the train, some kinda fun platforming, the yeti scare, the atmosphere....

the old dude in the village wanted Drake to see something or other for himself (maybe the dead nazis or whatever) to legitimize the threat because before that Drake was going to give up or something idk really but man those graphics were good

"I'm done with this quest"
"but what if...you weren't tho"
"....k"
"now go with this guide you dont understand"
"aight cool"

"I'm done with this quest"
"but what if...you weren't tho"
"....k"
"now go with this guide you dont understand"
"aight cool"

Drake is probably always down to go into some dangerous cave with some guide he doesn't understand, no matter the circumstance. Shit's like cat nip to him

Gurish

I need more impressions!

Honestly I'm feeling very very confident that any Uncharted fan is gonna love it by now, we heard enough impressions from various people, there is an absolute consensus it is the best in the series, it's always fun to hear more praising but I think the pic is pretty clear, love Uncharted? you gonna loooove this.

For those wanting some pics. What areas were demo'd? I didn't watch much media.

Madagascar City - Jeep chase set piece with Sully

Africa- Driving the terrain with Sam and Sully

Jungle- don't remember where, if you didn't see the first PSX demo than taking pics is risky, as there are other Jungle like areas according to the story trailer.

zsynqx

Honestly I'm feeling very very confident that any Uncharted fans is gonna love it by now, we heard enough impressions from various people, there is an absolute consensus it is the best in the series, it's always fun to hear more praising but I think the pic is pretty clear, love Uncharted? you gonna lovvve this.

I'm interested in knowing whether people who were not fans of the first 3 enjoy this one.

Drake is probably always down to go into some dangerous cave with some guide he doesn't understand, no matter the circumstance. Shit's like cat nip to him

Sully: "So we're exploring a cave with a guide that only speaks in ASL? Are you kiddin' me?"

Sam: "you got a better plan!?"

Sully: *sighs* "what do you think Nate"

drakeface.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom