• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is one of my pet peeves! "Bombastic" does not mean "explosive." Nothing about Uncharted has ever been bombastic. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bombastic

Phew, it's a relief the set-pieces aren't ostentatious and flowery this time around

I am just glad they are not pretentious. I mean, who wants a frigid ass pretentious set piece of...

Insane!

Do I have something in my teeth?: http://i.imgur.com/m9aXZs5.jpg

Twinkle eyes: http://i.imgur.com/qP4LVsV.jpg

My goodness, that model. The details in the eyes and on the teeth with the light, etc.. There is zero uncanny valley... I am speechless.

Ok I'm done lol

zhYDAMd.jpg

bKZi1ve.jpg

Hahahaha, you beautiful bastard, Nate. Love it.

The darn cartridge casings are insane. We have come a long way from not only flat 2D sprites, but polygonal hexagons, to these that are so smooth! The LOD is so good in this game.

BTW guys, is there a way to save drafts when posting a new thread before posting? OT starters seem to spend a long time setting them up so was curious. Want to get started on laying out the screenshot topic and then post it on the 10th.

Jigolo

BTW guys, is there a way to save drafts when posting a new thread before posting? OT seem to spend a long time setting them up so was curious. Want to get stated on laying out the screenshot topic and then post it on the 10th.

MS word or note taking app. GAF doesn't save drafts

BTW guys, is there a way to save drafts when posting a new thread before posting? OT seem to spend a long time setting them up so was curious. Want to get stated on laying out the screenshot topic and then post it on the 10th.
One way some people have done it is use an old post in a thread that is no longer active so you can update it and see how it looks.

Dinjooh

One way some people have done it is use an old post in a thread that is no longer active so you can update it and see how it looks.

Yeeeup this. But remember where you edited btw.

I have a Rigs OT lying around in some thread somewhere I can't for the life of me remember.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm back I'm 11 hours in chapter twenty.
The pacing and overall story has been fantastic.
Some of the best set pieces I've ever played.
I would say that this game overall is better than TLOU.
Just an absolute amazing adeneline filled fun adventure that does at points sucker punch and troll it's just wicked.

I have sooo many photos I cannot wait to show you.
But alas they'll stay hidden until you have completed it.

I don't want this game to end.

zsynqx

Just an absolute amazing adeneline filled fun adventure that does at points sucker punch and troll it's just wicked.

Thanks for the impressions. May 10 needs to hurry the fuck up!

ironcreed

Banned

Very nice, man. I am happy to hear how meaty it is for a game like this as well.

Wtf happened ! I was busy all day. Jesus Christ ND what have you done ? I just can't wait annymore, I NEED IT NOW !

Those filters damn son!

Skeeter49

I'm happy to hear it's paced well, and people are positive about the story as well.
2 of my favorite series are MGS and Uncharted, I can't take 2 disappointments in the story department within one year on 2 of my favorite series, and most anticipated games.

Is it a safe assumption we'll hear about multiplayer on Tuesday? One week before the launch, and if the embargo is a few days after, you figure reviewers had to have played the multiplayer, and are going to talk about it, so they should want more info on it out in the open.

Impressions are so glowing by everyone, didn't hear such excitement toward a game in a long time.
Yup. Have talked to several reviewers and have heard nothing but absolute praise. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the highest rated game this gen so far.

Kolx

Yup. Have talked to several reviewers and have heard nothing but absolute praise. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the highest rated game this gen so far.

Good to hear that reviewers love this game. Naughty Dog worked really hard and they deserve every praise they get.

Gurish

That's going to be so tough. UC2 set the bar so damn high, but lets leave it to ND to possibly outdo themselves.

Almost impossible this gen to get the same 95-96 scores of last gen, but I bet that even if it will get lower scores it would still be considered as the best in the series, by fans and critics alike.

Skeeter49

The one thing I could see hurting Uncharted 4, which hopefully the beta prevented from happening, is a massive online problem for a significant amount of days. Some reviewers are more strict on that nowadays then back in the days of Uncharted 2 and 3. ND was pretty good with the beta, so hopefully that's a non issue.

I'm not saying that would prevent it from getting in the 90's, but that could prevent it nearing Uncharted 2, or a 94, which would be the highest for games this gen I believe, not counting remasters.

23qwerty

The one thing I could see hurting Uncharted 4, which hopefully the beta prevented from happening, is a massive online problem for a significant amount of days. Some reviewers are more strict on that nowadays then back in the days of Uncharted 2 and 3. ND was pretty good with the beta, so hopefully that's a non issue.
well it's a single player focused game so multiplayer shouldn't exactly get swamped since people will just trickle in over time

I personally can't even comprehend this game getting better then what I've already played and that said, it's already my favorite and an absolute masterpiece of a game...I don't want this to end.

zsynqx

I don't think the MP will really factor that strongly into most reviews, even if it ends up being amazing. Also yeah, the beta was generally pretty stable so fingers crossed for no online problems

Ha you are optimistic if you consider the outliner review to be a 9, if that's the case they will reach U2's MC.

We know that 7 is coming from someone, maybe even lower, better prepare yourself for it...

Let's not do this please.

Gurish

it can't someone, is going to try to be different and give a 9. Dropping it into the low 90s

Ha you are optimistic if you consider the outliner review to be a 9, if that's the case they will reach U2's MC.

We know that 7 is coming from someone, maybe even lower, better prepare yourself for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom