• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy the quiet moments as well, particularly in UC2, I guess TLOU just feels too sluggish to me. They didn't pace the action vs. slow sections well enough, in my view.

I much prefer the action, set pieces, adventure, and responsiveness of the UC series. Particularly with the mechanics in UC4, it feels massively improved over the others from a gameplay perspective,

I think TLOU is very well paced for what it tried to achieve, it's just not a game to play just for fun.

My goodness....Please, please let me play...

The only good thing is, I can play through the collection now, and captain America comes out this upcoming Friday.

Bruce Straley has set a pretty high bar for himself.

q1Lj6Xp.jpg

If Uncharted 4 only gets 94 on metacritic dude is clearly losing his touch and going downhill!

RedAssedApe

Banned
If this really does end up being the best game in the series. I wonder if we see another meltdown if someone scores it an 8 again lol

Games seem to be trending lower in general so I wouldn't be surprised if its lower than uc2

Did people meltdown over the 6/10 TLOU got?? It's still at a 95.

I remember people flipping the fuck out over Quarter to Three's 6/10, Polygon's 7.5/10, and Gamespot's 8/10. People really flipped on Quarter to Three and rightly so. They just wanted those site clicks. Anyone who can honestly slam a 6/10 on TLOU has an opinion that just doesn't matter to me.

Javin98

Banned
Goddamn it, these impressions are making the wait so damn hard! Better than TLOU? Best Uncharted game? Just take my damn money already! Also, I'm going with a 94 Metacritic.

My main concern is replayability.

For as much praise as TLOU gets, on repeat playthroughs it's a big of a slog. Non stop walk-n-talk, too much tutorial, annoying having to scavenge the environment.

UC3 has the same problems and the pacing there was atrocious.

I'm worried that a lot of this will carry over into UC4...hopefully the pacing is a lot better and the game isn't filled with useless filler sections that drag for too long. Worried about the exploration sections in particular.

Also, the soundtrack...concerned about that as well. What I've heard so far is OK from an action standpoint, but what about the emotional bits? Greg did such an amazing job, and I feel that his replacement is just generic hollywood drek...

Love these tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhwB43-UCaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDRxuIsGUzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e_QvyK6GU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwADUsUP3uo

Agreed. It's why U2 is better than TLOU, better pacing and overall just more fun to play through.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Agreed. It's why U2 is better than TLOU, better pacing and overall just more fun to play through.

UC2 is definitely Naughty Dog's best "game", for sure. I've replayed it countless times and never really gets boring.

I purchased TLOU remastered and couldn't get through it again. It's spectacular on a first playthrough, but annoying to play after you know the narrative bits.

UC2 on the other hand is just paced perfectly. Sections don't overstay their welcome, and the gameplay is adequately scattered throughout without the narration dragging the title down.

GTA V and its undeserving 97. Meh.

Well I dunno if it is undeserving or not but AFAIK most people consider GTAV to be much superior to IV so what can they do lol. They kinda painted themselves into a corner with the scores. They can't really drop the score too much without admitting they were a bit overeager before.

UC2 is definitely Naughty Dog's best "game", for sure. I've replayed it countless times and never really gets boring.

I purchased TLOU remastered and couldn't get through it again. It's spectacular on a first playthrough, but annoying to play after you know the narrative bits.

UC2 on the other hand is just paced perfectly. Sections don't overstay their welcome, and the gameplay is adequately scattered throughout without the narration dragging the title down.

Eh, I find TLOU's gameplay so much better than Uncharteds but to each their own.

sense

Agreed. Uc2 was fun to play through again compared to tlou but I personally think tlou had a bigger impact, better gameplay and excellent story telling.

I loved uc3 but goddamn it was a slog to get through it with the ND collection. That games issues stood out the way it did not the first time I played through it at launch. I can see why some may have felt pretty let down by it.

normanski

Neo Member
I'm sure that my pre-order was delivered today, but I missed it down to been at work...have to wait until Tuesday now to get it as the Post Office isn't open Sunday or the Bank Holiday :(

I got my copy from Simply Games btw, so far they've been brilliant at sending pre-orders out (received MGSV a week early as well).

I love Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us. It doesn't have to be a binary choice.

I agree. I do find it super bizarre when people badmouth TLOU replays, though. I enjoyed my replay more than my original playthrough, sure the story was lacking first-run freshness, but yeah it was amazing. The gameplay in that game is superb.

That said, I'm grateful that ND has made both series. It isn't either/or.

Javin98

Banned
Too many reviews these days to get that high, hell, even if all the OoT reviews were added and not just the limited amount it has, OoT would drop.
Anyone mind telling me why Ocarina of Time was received so well? Honest question, here, I have no idea since the game is as old as I am. Off topic, but just want to know why it's called GOAT by some.

Anyone mind telling me why Ocarina of Time was received so well? Honest question, here, I have no idea since the game is as old as I am. Off topic, but just want to know why it's called GOAT by some.

Because at the time it was F-ing amazing and fresh and new and Nintendo hadn't recycled it a dozen times. It totally deserved the scores it got.

I'm most excited to see new characters. I know there's characters in UC4 that we don't(Well some of us) even know about. Nadine, since she was revealed always piqued my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom