• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Trailer runs in-engine, in-game, in realtime on a single PS4 at 1080p60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
s24xhnau5y.gif

Amazing if true. But there is no way it will look that good in the final game when fighting a dozen enemies with explosions and particles filling the screen, at 1080p.

I guess I'm the only one who wouldn't have minded a locked 30 fps with visuals cranked to the absolute max? I mean it looks great now, but imagine...

TheXbox

Just to be clear, it isn't pre-rendered? Not using different assets like the ND cutscenes on PS3? If that's the same model for Drake that will be in gameplay... fuck.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well. What else can be said. Its the best looking game I've ever seen. And it runs at 60FPS. Naughty Dog should take the rest of the gen off, give everyone else a chance to catch up.

Amazing if true. But there is no way it will look that good in the final game when fighting a dozen enemies with explosions and particles filling the screen, at 1080p.

Just curious why it's impossible, the leap from the start of last generation until the end was beyond mind blowing.

Concept17

But is that the same character model of Drake that you will control in-game?

Most games use various LOD models depending on the distance of the camera. Lower poly models for farther away, higher poly for closer, etc.

But for this game, who knows what kind of magic is being used. These guys are truly wizards.

Nvzman

Wont going real time also free up a bunch of blu ray space?

Actually, this is a good point. Didn't ND say themselves that this was the new issue with current gen consoles (prerenders take up too much space)? Maybe this is their
gloriously awesome
answer.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Quite frankly the biggest leap in graphics since the intro of HD consoles.
A lot of next-gen games are very very impressive in terms of visuals, but this is the first time that I thought the graphics were literally unbelievable.

Rising_Hei

Just a reminder that in-engine cutscene =/= gameplay.

It'll look fucking awesome while playing, but not quite at that level.

Really looking forward to this.

Watchdogs...

This is naughty dog we are talking about, each time they ever showed a game they were developing, it looked better than before.

Demon Ice

Banned
I think the global crow population is about to take a little bit of a hit.

So many people doubting (or wanting to doubt) the Naughty Gods.

Strike

People just refused to believe. The crazy thing is that it's still a over a year from release. #InNaughtyGodsWeTrust

I know it might be a tad cynical but I'm reserving judgement until I see the final retail version up and running.

Harsh, yes, but after the recent "smoke and mirrors" from various places you can't be too careful.

Jarmel

Banned
Just to be clear, it isn't pre-rendered? Not using different assets like the ND cutscenes on PS3? If that's the same model for Drake that will be in gameplay... fuck.

They're claiming it's not. That's a little(very hard) to swallow but they're saying it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom