• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Trailer runs in-engine, in-game, in realtime on a single PS4 at 1080p60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I still can not process it...
This is beyond anything I have seen. God are Sony first party studios (and second) gifted :
The Order 1886, Drive Club, Infamous SS, Killzone SF and now THIS!
Imagine next years guys : A gameplay demo of Uncharted 4 and real time trailer for Cory Barlog's game and, possibly, whatever QD are working on..plus GT7!
My heart is not ready...

You forgot aboht the biggest of them all, The Last Guardian.

Believe.

Cubed

I love ND and Corinne Yu... but I still doubt it'll look THIS good at 1080/60.

1080/30? Sure.
900/60? Probably.

But 1080/60? I will marry this game if it's true.

Disclaimer: I won't marry it. But I will love it.

Gestault

Now they just need to let you push a button to zoom in the camera and move it around just to hammer home the point that its real time.

I love that as a hallmark of most MGS games.

Wont going real time also free up a bunch of blu ray space?

I honestly think it was out of necessity when it came to disc space, and I'm totally ok with it. The file-size for Uncharted 3 was already closing in on the limits of standard blurays because of their pre-rendered cutscenes. I have a not-quite-rational preference for real-time story scenes in videogames (even at the expense of loading time). For me, it's part of what separates games from movies for non-interactive scenes. Particularly when the question of support for 3D and VR get raised, pre-rendered becomes less and less viable.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
The only thing I'll take for true (outside of the Yu's tweets, that don't confirm this beign real-time) is the Digital Foundry pixel count (in spite of all the people that said that it was supersampled to hell and back :lol).

Jonboy

B-but...I don't want it to be 60! I'm so concerned it won't be as cinematic anymore!

Hehe

Seriously though...that's absolutely insane. I remember being blown away when I saw that online video that showed what Uncharted 3 would have looked like running at 60.

wapplew

Honestly, I still can not process it...
This is beyond anything I have seen. God are Sony first party studios (and second) gifted :
The Order 1886, Drive Club, Infamous SS, Killzone SF and now THIS!
Imagine next years guys : A gameplay demo of Uncharted 4 and real time trailer for Cory Barlog's game and, possibly, whatever QD are working on..plus GT7!
My heart is not ready...

You and me both.
Still refuse to believe it in my brain. I can't...
At 30fps yes....at 60fps? No fucking way...

I'm a PC only dude, use to do consoles but I must admin I envy the prowess of console developers because here on the PC we don't have developers that dedicated. I use to fuck with uncharted when I played my old ps3 and I hope they achieve the visual fidelity in that trailer while at 60fps, which is what developers should always aim for.

Paracelsus

To be honest, it would be the case to start sharing the other devs how they do it, keeping this "feature" restricted to Uncharted is a waste.

Kayant

Just rememebr this is what they said

“more powerful than it’s necessary to render graphics at 1080p at 60 hz” and that the idea of the designers of the PS4 was to give the console extra GPU resources because it’s “incredibly good at doing massive amounts of parallel processing” and they envisioned that game designers are going to take advance of that processing to do physics, cloth simulation, fluids and more on the GPU."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782997

Source 4:

PUnpdlx.png
...is @MarkCernyPS4 really Mark Cerny? I thought it wasn't.

When checking Shu's followers to see, I noticed he isn't following @MarkCernyPS4 but he is following (parody account) @KazHiraiCEO. :)

Gestault

I don't believe it, sorry.

Seriously, play about 40 minutes of Ryse (with attention to it being a launch title on a less powerful system), and it quickly seems much, much more feasible. The animation, materials and lighting systems for this gen are already fantastic, and we're barely at the point last time around that we had seen Gears 1.

reKon

Banned
I'm not trying to troll here does anyone have gifs to PC titles that look as impressive as this does? Again, I'm not trying to start shit. I'm being serious.

Seriously, play about 40 minutes of Ryse (with attention to it being a launch title on a less powerful system), and it quickly seems much, much more feasible. The animation, materials and lighting systems for this gen are already fantastic, and we're barely at the point last time around that we had seen Gears 1.

Yeah, Ryse looked crazy so cutscenes looking like this is feasible. What I don't believe is that they will end up hitting 60 FPS. I think they'll reach a very consistent 30 FPS. If they want 60 FPS they will have to downgrade to the point that's it's very noticeable.

Just curious why it's impossible, the leap from the start of last generation until the end was beyond mind blowing.

I just can't imagine it being possible to maintain that level of detail and IQ during the kind of gameplay you know this game will have.

But I'm sure I'll still be blown away regardless.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah, her seemingly refusing to use the term "real-time" lead some to believe that ND was just being creative with the truth again. "If it were real-time then she would have said so" was an understandable position.

Yea source 4 seems to lean towards pre-rendered. Source 1 seemingly doesn't know what they're talking about. However source 2 and 3 seem valid, assuming that one of the devs explicitly said it's running in real time.

Salz01

If that's all from a level of the game, running in real time, mind blown. I probably wont believe it till Arne comes in here and confirms it. That the game will look that good.

I'm praying, please be good.

This is really hard to believe, in a good way. I wonder how much of the PS4's power they're using, it wouldn't surprise me if they already maxed it out.

b/c linear, corridor, cover based game is a true marvel right? With basic enemy A.I (hide, shoot grenade, repeat)

Uncharted is a great game and i loved them all but if this doesn't improve or innovate on gameplay in some way, it's just gonna be another pretty shooter for me.

Shin

Banned
I'm having a holy shit moment right now...
They are all pulling off some crazy shits with the PS4, even I thought it wouldn't hold up too well with high-end GPU's, but what do you know...

i-Lo

One thing to note is that iirc, ND have always used the SAME model for cinematics and real time gameplay for all their games last gen. The lighting and aliasing were the two prime aspects that were improved for the cutscenes.

Did you really just compare Watch Dogs to a Naughty Dog game?

The latest footage of Assassin's Creed Unity and especially The Division on Xbone looks significantly better. Thus, I'd speculate that it had a lot to do with it being cross-generational.

Part of me simply refuses to believe this. I simply can't process a game looking this good at native 1080p and 60fps on a $400 console.

Then I remember that they managed to pull The Last of Us off on the PS3, and Santa Monica made Ascension and GOW3 on the same.

Sony's first party devs are freaks. Seriously.

Weren't there rumours before E3 that ND would blow everyone away. I'm amazed at how they manage to get top level graphics out of consoles that no one can touch

viveks86

No one was doubting that, but there's also no enemies and it's a tiny environment. There'll be a downgrade.

Are you kidding? Have you seen the other threads? Speak for yourself. I've been reading this back and forth on semantics for 2 days now and am sick of it. Seemed like it was time to settle the debate once and for all. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom