• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3D screenshot and artwork from next GI

Forsete

Gold Member
ELS-01X said:
Lair's environments are more detailed too. Even more considering the scale and all the action going on.

It looks very empty compared, but we've only seen very little from both titles, so I'll wait and see.

Kittonwy

Banned
Luckyman said:
Factor 5 hasn't even proved that they can achieve smooth framerate at 1080p. Lair has all kinds of problems graphically..

They're optimizing the game as we speak so you shouldn't be too worried.
Indifferent2.gif

luca_29_bg

Versatil said:
How you don't understand...

Panajev2001a >>>

Yeah we know the interview was some PR. It's true and false because the only thing in real time was the assets and the shaders. Now,, we know that the game is approximatively 10% above the trailer.

luca_29 >>>

The game is still on development and of course will be more detailled than the trailer. I expect Uncharted for late 2008, Naughty Dog has time.

yeah i really hope versatil however that nda about this game finish in march because both game informer and edge will have coverage about this game so 2008 for me it's too late

Kittonwy

Banned
ELS-01X said:
Lair's environments are more detailed too. Even more considering the scale and all the action going on.

Why does it have to be a contest between ND and Factor 5? They're both working on the PS3, one big happy family making exceptionally-looking games.
Indifferent2.gif

Versatil

Factor 5 hasn't even proved that they can achieve smooth framerate at 1080p. Lair has all kinds of problems graphically..

The last builds of Lair are from TGS 06. The game a this point was at 30-40% of what it can take of the PS3. Lair will be at 60fps with 1080p, it's Factor 5 (more than 120 devs on it)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Versatil said:
Yeah yeah... The development is too heavy for now, fall 2007 is impossible.

So Sony choosing this game to advertise now in magazines instead of other 2007 games?

Versatil said:
The last builds of Lair are from TGS 06. The game a this point was at 30-40% of what it can take of the PS3. Lair will be at 60fps with 1080p, it's Factor 5 (more than 120 devs on it)
:lol Why settle for 60fps with all those developers they should be able to reach 120fps no problem, I mean they are Factor 5 right?

Wollan

The game will have had 3 years of solid development at the time of release.

Edit: God, Lair will never run at 60fps.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Versatil said:

NO! Lair is 30 fps. Where are you getting your news from?

this thread is going nowhere....we should wait until big info is coming next month...I predict the game will look stunning...I also predict it wont be in edge, but Half Life 2 will be 'yawn'

peace

Wait a second, Naughty Dog is sharing tech with SUCKER PUNCH?? WTF?? Are they really close to Sony now or what?

Can somebody elaborate on that? Sucker Punch PS3 game confirmed :D

too bad they downgraded the shaders though :(

Blimblim said:
Like said before, I'll take the work of Balestra (french guy btw) over ones of a PR guy any day.

I like how Evan Wells, Naughty Dog's lead designer and co-president, is a "PR guy" now. :lol

This thread... yeesh.

That was confirmed awhile back wasn't it? They're working on a new IP.

Elios83

mckmas8808 said:
NO! Lair is 30 fps. Where are you getting your news from?

Probably from a bad source considering that Naughty Dog's title is confirmed for fall 2007 and Lair is 30fps@1080P.

ELS-01X said:
Small environments vs gigantic ones. LOL.

I can bet right now that Uncharted will have no loading and the island will be completely open...

I mean none on their last gen games had loading or broken off levels...

Doom_Bringer said:
what? Can you post exact quote? Thanks

il a bien sure rappeler cette particularité du studios a communiquer et partager avec d'autre studios dont Insomniac bien sure (que lui meme a tendance a consideré comme un first party) , Santa monica (god of war) Sucker punch (sly raccoon, mais plus tres sure que ce soit ce studio qu'il est cité a cette instant) et... GUERILLA (Killzone)

the reporter could have misheard and Balestra didn't mention Sucker Punch.

Me_Marcadet said:
the reporter could have misheard and Balestra didn't mention Sucker Punch.

oh ok thanks for the transalation

Any non US residence have Game informer subscription? Do they charge shipping each time a mag ships or is the shipping cost one time only?

zallaaa

There are other technical stuff on Cell and the streaming technology that I can't report in english
NOOOOOOO! Why not? Can't you provide any sort of translation? Even a rough one would be appreciated :) Cell technical news are always welcome

AAK

Doom_Bringer said:
:D I need more friends on this forum. Now we can attack Bud, Bad Boy and other Doom naysayers together!

Your avatar isn't helping you gain my respect either.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So on PS3, there's 3 x 2GB cache buffers on the HDD, kinda like on the old Xbox (it was 3x 1GB there) that are dynamically assigned to games that use them. On top of that, the developers can chose to permanently install the whole or part of the game on the HDD (like Resistance is doing for example). Am I reading that right from the French interview?

You know, it's actually good to see this thread balooning to 13 pages over almost nothing, it shows that there's interest for this game, be it trolling or genuine interest. I remember it was largely ignored back at E3 when it was shown.

zallaaa said:
NOOOOOOO! Why not? Can't you provide any sort of translation? Even a rough one would be appreciated :) Cell technical news are always welcome

That the usual things we hear about development on CELL, not really interesting and hard for me to translate :)

Marconelly said:
You know, it's actually good to see this thread balooning to 13 pages over almost nothing, it shows that there's interest for this game, be it trolling or genuine interest. I remember it was largely ignored back at E3 when it was shown.

Microsoft releases Halo 3/Forza 2/Too Human screens - SDF/NDF troll, xbot's get upset and damage control.

Sony release Heavenly Sword/Uncharted/Warhawk screens - Xbot's troll to get revenge, SDF does damage control.

IMO it's just the "you attacked my system of choice game, I will attack your" mentality.

Or maybe my logic theory just blows and people are actually afraid of Naughty Dog's technical expertise.

Versatil

Wollan said:
The game will have had 3 years of solid development at the time of release.

Edit: God, Lair will never run at 60fps.

Factor 5 want to push the 60fps. Now the game is on a 30fps.

Busty

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Wait a second, Naughty Dog is sharing tech with SUCKER PUNCH?? WTF?? Are they really close to Sony now or what?

too bad they downgraded the shaders though :(

It's my understanding... that Sucker Punch like Evolution and Factor 5, etc, etc, have signed three (could be more?) game deals with Sony. Basically they are, for all intents and purposes.... second party developers.

Sucker Punch are doing a new IP for the PS3 that will be different in tone that the Sly Cooper games. An action/adventure game that will apparently have a large online play element.

Busty said:
It's my understanding... that Sucker Punch like Evolution and Factor 5, etc, etc, have signed three (could be more?) game deals with Sony. Basically they are, for all intents and purposes.... second party developers.

Sucker Punch are doing a new IP for the PS3 that will be different in tone that the Sly Cooper games. An action/adventure game that will apparently have a large online play element.

yeah I knew they were doing a action adventure game long time ago. How do you know about the large online element though? I wonder when they will show the game? They have kept us in the dark for so lonnggg!! Sly 3 wasn't even that original to warrant that kind of secrecy

Busty

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
yeah I knew they were doing a action adventure game long time ago. How do you know about the large online element though? I wonder when they will show the game? They have kept us in the dark for so lonnggg!! Sly 3 wasn't even that original to warrant that kind of secrecy

Truth be told, I can't remember. I may even have read that on here. :lol But that's what I heard....

But I agree. Not sure whay Sony have been so coy with the likes of Sucker Punch. If I had a developer like that working for me (and I would be a stern but fair task master FYI) I would shout about it. After all, they made a big deal out of signing Media Molecule. Hmmm. I mean, I heard that Sucker Punch thing ages ago. Something may have happened since then but I don't see that being the case.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Sony had Sucker Punch working on something big.....

Busty

Banned
f@luS said:
theyre 60 working on the game , with 14 programmer including (2 lead and 12 classics)
The post prod started 2 years ago

Wait, wait, wait. is it just me, or does 60 people working on a game like this seem a little small?

I mean, doesn't Killzone have something like over 100 people working on it?

Sony seem to pushing alot of their studios to develop projects concurrently. We had Insomniac developing Resistance and Ratchett and Clank PS3 side by side. I really wouldn't be surprised if Naughty Dog were doing the same. I know that Naughty Dog are housing alot of R&D right now, though I don't think the team is that big and I seriously doubt Sony would have so many talented people not actively working on games.

So long story short, I think it's entirely possible that Naughty Dog are either doing another new IP or that Jak and Daxter game that was rumoured well over a year ago (Final Frontier or something iirc) at the same time as Uncharted.

Just a thought....

Yea the next Jak and Daxter title was trademarked by Sony, it was called Lost Frontier.

Anyway can't wait to see Sucker Punch's game, the guys are pure class! Loved the style of Sly cooper games

Top Bottom