• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3D screenshot and artwork from next GI

careksims

The shots look kick ass and he does look heroic and the adventure type! I can't wait. Also the news about the Warhawk event got me giddy.

Karma Kramer said:
I am sure anyone who is doubting the abilities of ND will be extremely suprised and shocked when they see it motion. I have no doubt that this game will be outstanding.

You have to understand that any harsh criticism I had were just in reference to these screens mainly the jaggies. I am sure in motion those flaws will be hidden. But you can atleast understand where my criticism were coming from right?

Sorry but I can't handle any Naughty Dog criticism. I love ND! Single man Naughty Dog Defense Force here...I own all of their games too!

Forsete

Gold Member
Jim said:
'

Of course the original framebuffered shots being bullshotted (4000*x resolution downsized), and JPEG compression over QTVR compression of the new shots, isn't exactly a fair comparison either way.

Do you happen to have the original bullshots? I'd like to see them, study the detail. ;)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
NinSoX said:
Just saying...
I'm not sure what is it that you're saying but ND's game screen looks better overall. There's self shadowing, better hair, less flat lighting, more convincing detail everywhere (just look at that 'stuff' behind the guy on the 2nd picture)

NinSoX

Banned
Marconelly said:
I'm not sure what is it that you're saying but ND's game screen looks better overall. There's self shadowing, better hair, less flat lighting, more convincing detail everywhere (just look at that 'stuff' behind the guy on the 2nd picture)

I'm saying it's another boring shooter must be for xbox

Doom_Bringer said:
Sorry but I can't handle any Naughty Dog criticism. I love ND! Single man Naughty Dog Defense Force here...I own all of their games too!

Yeah I am fan too :D

I can still remember playing Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Naughty Dog is the Pied Piper of video game graphics, this shots once again prove it.

Simply stunning!

Brimstone said:
Naughty Dog is the Pied Piper of video game graphics

They lost that title after Andy Gravin left but thankfully they still own the animation award :D

Karma Kramer said:
Yeah I am fan too :D

I can still remember playing Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

Yea I loved Crash 3 and CTR

antiloop

I was thinking "not bad" at first. Then I saw the backgrounds and lightning effects.

Seriously, those backgrounds looks too good to be true.

Edit: lol@ the background in the stranglehold pic. Character detail is fine though.

Personally I think the 3d shot is less than flattering in quite a few ways, particularly in the form of the jaggies...but, I think the game in motion will look at least as impressive as anything out today, more so actually. The water in the shot looks really great though

peace

BigBoss

Karma Kramer said:
Gears of War = Killswitch 2.0 ... am i right?

:lol

You're right, playing the game only made it even more apparent and one of the main guys from Kill Switch worked on Gears, what a coincidence. It was my GOTY if if they ripped the mechanics from Kill Switch.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
NinSoX said:
Sure you are :lol So how does comparing this to a *multiplatform* game actually form that connection?

BigBoss said:
You're right, playing the game only made it even more apparent and one of the main guys from Kill Switch worked on Gears, what a coincidence. It was my GOTY if if they ripped the mechanics from Kill Switch.

I'm glad you liked it... :)

I think the 3d screens wouldnt be flattering to most games though...I mean gears has jaggies, I imagine they would be more evident in media such as this...but whatever, Im just waiting to see some major stuff on this game...it better blow up!

peace

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
NinSoX said:
I know what game that is (Stranglehold) and that game looks pretty awesome overall with all the realtime desctruction. It's one of the best looking announced games IMO, but so is Uncharted. Both have to be seen in motion to really appreciate.

BigBoss

nelsonroyale said:
I think the 3d screens wouldnt be flattering to most games though...I mean gears has jaggies, I imagine they would be more evident in media such as this...but whatever, Im just waiting to see some major stuff on this game...it better blow up!

peace

I'm surprised ND didn't take the same approach as every other developer by releasing bullshots with cranked up AF and AA.

NinSoX

Banned
kaching said:
Sure you are :lol So how does comparing this to a *multiplatform* game actually form that connection?

The screens released recently just don't look that great. Doesn't mean the final game will not be improved.

Marconelly said:
I know what game that is (Stranglehold) and that game looks pretty awesome overall with all the realtime desctruction. It's one of the best looking announced games IMO, but so is Uncharted. Both have to be seen in motion to really appreciate.

I agree with this post. Stranglehold is going rock ass

btw who is this brimstone?

Y2Kevbug11 said:
That purple/white combo shirt looks like something I wore to school in second grade.

:lol Yeah, I like that they're going with a more average joe/Flashback type of character but that shirt had to go. I'm really digging the whole nostalgic, pulp adventure vibe to this game. It's a great change of pace. And Amy Hennig (of Soul Reaver fame) is on board as one of the directors which means the plot might not be too shaby (hopefully she'll be contributing to the writing).

ELS-01X

Banned
You guys shit on Lair all the time but think this looks amazing? WTF

haha2nl9.jpg

OMG! Best vegetation ever! :lol

gth

Neo Member
They should make him look more like Sawyer.

He could use some target practice too.

Can't wait for this game (love JAK 1,2,3).

people need to bare in mind this will be a sand box game, as well as being seemless...it will look incredible...only heard positive things about etc

peace

Kangu

Banned
The vegetation looks a lot sparser in this shot but maybe it's from *gasp* a DIFFERENT environment!

And the character looks different because he's being lit up by the flashes from his ak 47...maybe? Could it be?

Nah, must be another downgraded game. Nevermind ND has never shown target renders, they must have shown them this time because Namco had that Tekken 6 render way back when! PS3 developers are absurdly stupid, so they just start coding away with no ****ing idea of what the system can do, and then they scale back from there. They probably 'confused' the PS3 and their Devkits so they though they had more memory to work than is actually available.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
NinSoX said:
2.jpg

Just saying...
Not a bad comparison. Problem is, the second game doesn't animate all that well while what we've seen of ND's game suggests that it will feature some of the best animation the industry has yet seen. :)

NinSoX

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
people need to bare in mind this will be a sand box game, as well as being seemless...it will look incredible...only heard positive things about etc

peace

This is a sandbox game? Interest just shot up 1000X :D

Forsete

Gold Member
I remember back in the PS2 days, I used to hate bullshots.. But now, I've gotten so used to them. I dont even notice them anymore.

What has happened to me? :(

nelsonroyale said:
people need to bare in mind this will be a sand box game, as well as being seemless...

Uh, was that confirmed anywhere or are you just guessing? AFAIK there hasn't been much info on the actual game structure.

Not that I'd be surprised if ND went that route. Their streaming engine for the Jak games was pretty remarkable.

Pimpwerx

One shot, one kill. GAF at it's best. ;)

I think the trolling might be Sony fans who are setting up the inevitable "told you so." Naughty Dog is just awesome. No two ways about it. PEACE.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
I totally get a "Romancing the Stone" vibe from this games setting.

B000FO0AA6.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

062.jpg

If the main character carries a knife, it has to be a "Randall Made Knife".

tribal24

Banned
this game you have to see in motion i would think becuase screenshots dont do it justice, ill just wait for the gameplay movies>.>

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Uh, was that confirmed anywhere or are you just guessing? AFAIK there hasn't been much info on the actual game structure.

Not that I'd be surprised if ND went that route. Their streaming engine for the Jak games was pretty remarkable.

well Im extrapolating, but they said that the game was based mostly on just one island, which would make sense if they wanted to do a seemless environment, otehrwise they could have just done it in an endless jungle and other locations elsewhere....anyway, if they want to create an idea of the feeling of being in a jungle, that would be the ONLY way to go....its oppressive

Anyway, the comparison with stanglehold is unlikely.... Elsewhere we saw pics of Alan wake which didnt match up to the vid we've seen...ie we already know both these games look crazy, these screenshots only hype me, no lose of faith

peace

Top Bottom