• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 3D screenshot and artwork from next GI

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
JasonSpeaking.jpg

unchartedfev5.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
frAntic_Frog said:
WOW will this game have motorstorm-style pauses where you can pause the game and pan around the action and ogle at the sweet muzzle-flashes?? :)

i wished resistance had a feature like that (one of the playtests showed Ted Price panning the action during a paused firefight....too bad :( )

There is another game that does that, specifically during replays.

Sadly it's Full Auto 2.

ELS-01X

Banned
Dante said:
Well in all fairness I'd rather base my impressions of the game on a trailer which was confirmed by the devs to be realtime. then blown up screengrabs of a 3D Quicktime shot.
Those screenshots are not blown up, stop making pathetic excuses please.

Kaitei grunkan said:
Since Stranglehold isn't set in an environment as complex as a jungle, what's the point in comparing them?

First-gen PS3 software is shaping up real nice imo.

?

This is 1st gen? So gow for the 360 is 1st gen?

Dante

Merovingian said:
?

I think you could say that. I think anything that's been in dev before the consoles out, and comes out in a year time frame from system launch could be considered first gen.

ELS-01X

Banned
BamYouHaveAids said:
If I was Ken I would be crying to PS3 isn't exactly flying off the shelves.
:lol I just got banned for "trolling" the PS3. You're 0/2 With you in command stupidity victory is all but assured.
I'm not the retard who is calling the screenshots "blown up" :lol

Wollan

Technically I guess 2nd gen games should be a developers second take on the console but that's of course not how it is viewed. 2nd games for us, are the games that take the necessary time to really polish up the title.

Gears, Uncharted, Viva Pinata, R&C5, Mario Galaxy..etc are all 2nd gen games on the platforms.

Deepblue said:
Probably because this is what happens in Stranglehold's environments:

http://h.yimg.com/download2.games.yahoo.com/games/buzz2/content/p/4/456229/928104_20060505_screen006.jpg[/IMG]

Now that the comparison is out there, they are extremely similar in design and visual fidelity.
http://h.yimg.com/download2.games.yahoo.com/games/buzz2/content/p/4/456229/928104_20060505_screen003.jpg[/IMG]

http://h.yimg.com/download2.games.yahoo.com/games/buzz2/content/p/4/456229/928104_20060505_screen002.jpg[/IMG]

Does anyone else see the parity or is it just me?

We don't know how Uncharted plays. It could be set in a huge ass open island, would it be comparable to Stranglehold then? Please lay off the comparisons until more details are revealed. ND hasn't said anything about the environment interaction either...

Pimpwerx

Deepblue said:
Probably because this is what happens in Stranglehold's environments:
Does anyone else see the parity or is it just me?
It's just you. Get that shit out of this thread. This is about Uncharted, not Stranglehold. PEACE.

Speevy said:
Who's taking bets on whether they'll be banned one at a time, or simultaneously?
Who do you mean by they? I didn't do anything and I just got off a ban today! :( If I get banned atleast let it be Amirox, Whiteman or Dragona, you already had your turn Bish, you need to spread the banning love.

Anyway why the hell do you guys keep posting Stranglehold in this thread? It's been derailed enough as it is.

Deepblue

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
It's just you. Get that shit out of this thread. This is about Uncharted, not Stranglehold. PEACE.

For the record I did not start the comparison. I'll edit out the pics though.

Kittonwy

Banned
Merovingian said:
?

I prefer calling Gears of War Epic's first game on the xbox360, while this game is Naughty Dog's first game on the PS3, instead of just grouping everybody's first game together since there will be some, and in some cases, much disparity in terms of talent from one developer to the next, there might be developers on either platform failing to match either of these two games in terms of visuals and other aspects even with their third or fourth game. The folks at Naughty Dog are a very talented bunch afterall.
Indifferent2.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kittonwy said:
I prefer calling Gears of War Epic's first game on the xbox360, while this game is Naughty Dog's first game on the PS3, instead of just grouping everybody's first game together since there will be some, and in some cases, much disparity in terms of talent from one developer to the next, there might be developers on either platform failiing to match either of these two games in terms of visuals and other aspects even with their third or fourth game.
Indifferent2.gif

Take a deep breath. Commas.

LevelNth

Banned
I absolutely cannot believe there are still posters here picking and poking at screens of next gen games, talking about textures and lighting and jaggies and all other kinds of retarded.

Honestly people, how many times does it have to be proven in countless 360 and PS3 games, time after freakin' time, that next gen games just cannot be judged based on screens anymore?! It's archaic, a waste of time, and upon viewing video, often makes those who made the judgments look stupid.

Seriously, the mentality from some in this thread is why this industry is having to deal with so much 'it's all the same expect prettier' bull shit lately.

LevelNth said:
I absolutely cannot believe there are still posters here picking and poking at screens of next gen games, talking about textures and lighting and jaggies and all other kinds of retarded.

Honestly people, how many times does it have to be proven in countless 360 and PS3 games, time after freakin' time, that next gen games just cannot be judged based on screens anymore?! It's archaic, a waste of time, and upon viewing video, often makes those who made the judgments look stupid.

Seriously, the mentality from some in this thread is why this industry is having to deal with so much 'it's all the same expect prettier' bull shit lately.

QFT.

Dirtbag

LevelNth said:

Those new screens of ND game look bad. Way worse than the screens released at E3, and the ones that were surfaced week ago. Hopefully it's all because of the lighting in the scene.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ynos Yrros said:
Those new screens of ND game look bad. Way worse than the screens released at E3, and the ones that were surfaced week ago. Hopefully it's all because of the lighting in the scene.

I think you have just being possessed by an Xbot spirit or something :lol

or was that sarcasm?

TTP said:
I think you have just being possessed by an Xbot spirit or something :lol

or was that sarcasm?
Maybe it's because of all the amphetamine and alcohol in my body. Anyways, you don't see the main character model as worse when compared to the model that appeared in E3 2k6 trailer?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ynos Yrros said:
Maybe it's because of all the amphetamine and alcohol in my body. Anyways, you don't see the main character model as worse when compared to the model that appeared in E3 2k6 trailer?

Drugs confirmed.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ynos Yrros said:

not by any stretch of the immagination :lol

uncharted1sa6.jpg

naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526040200187.jpg

Insane bullshot aa/af gone. duh
Global lighting and forest textures seems downgraded

(gotta turn tech demo to real game. duh-duh.
or is alpha build?)

some people on this forum are utterly hopeless and extremely jaded. I remember when I used to think like that (My MGS4 threads) but then after the bans I thought about what I was saying and changed my mind.

Top Bottom