• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss |OT| Drake arrives at a smaller screen near you!

KAL2006

Banned
Playing this game at the moment and got to the point where I meet Sully. This game is highly underrated, it really gets good when you go to the where Chase's grandpa went. The only negatives I can give this game is the control gimmicks for rubbing the dust away from items and quick time touchscreen events. I actually dont mind touch to climb and gyro aiming is great. So far everything has been top notch from the story, the interesting characters, shoot outs, puzzles and traversing. This lived up to my expectations. Hopefully for the sequel they get rid of gimmicks such as rubbing, balancing and quick time events and they add some multilayer modes the console versions have.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's what I did too. I guess you have more patience than me. Felt like it took forever just because it was so boring.
It probably helped that I took a 6 month break between getting all of the other trophies and getting the five Bounty trophies. Even then, I did those five Bounty trophies over the course of 3 weeks (a little each day). If I did them right after getting all of the other trophies then I would've hated it.

ThisOne

Is there any way to disable the annoying card game stuff? Maybe by just uninstalling the patch? Not even sure how I do that...

Is there any way to disable the annoying card game stuff? Maybe by just uninstalling the patch? Not even sure how I do that...

Just started playing this, and yeah, this is the worst. Especially when you have to buy the game to enable them. That's fucked up, and more people would be talking about it if this game had caught on more. Shoving that crap down your throat all game long, it's one big advertisement that you can't turn off.

Besides that, the game is excellent. I actually like the photography stuff. Gives it a different feel to the consoles.

Massa

Just started playing this, and yeah, this is the worst. Especially when you have to buy the game to enable them. That's fucked up, and more people would be talking about it if this game had caught on more. Shoving that crap down your throat all game long, it's one big advertisement that you can't turn off.

When most people played Uncharted at launch the card game hadn't even been announced yet. The reason people don't talk about it is because it's just a harmless reward system for grinding on a portable.

When most people played Uncharted at launch the card game hadn't even been announced yet. The reason people don't talk about it is because it's just a harmless reward system for grinding on a portable.

It's not a reward system if I don't have the 5 dollar add-on. There's no reward, it's just a constant distraction. It's literally one a minute, either from enemy loots or finding treasure. Bottom line is if I didn't pay the 5 bucks, it doesn't need to be there.

Massa

It's not a reward system if I don't have the 5 dollar add-on. There's no reward, it's just a constant distraction. It's literally one a minute, either from enemy loots or finding treasure. Bottom line is if I didn't pay the 5 bucks, it doesn't need to be there.

If you don't have the $5 game then it's just a collectible system. Lots of games have them, particularly portable games.

If you don't have the $5 game then it's just a collectible system. Lots of games have them, particularly portable games.

Have you played through the game like I and others are now having to play it -- i.e. with the patch that enables all the card stuff, but without owning the 5 dollar FFF add-on? I'd like to know.

Number45

Have you played through the game like I and others are now having to play it -- i.e. with the patch that enables all the card stuff, but without owning the 5 dollar FFF add-on? I'd like to know.
I did this as well. As Massa said, the patch was enabled before the card game actually released - didn't bother me either (in fact I quite liked it if memory serves).

Just got the game from PS+ and I got to say it was the first Uncharted game I've played that I wish it was shorter. It wasn't bad, it just really didn't add anything and was more of the same over and over.

At first I was really impressed that they had got the game working on the vita and pretty similar to Uncharted on ps1...but then it just kept going the shooting got repetitive and trying. The only small breaks were really silly puzzles, turret sections and terrible touch screen stuff. Plus 2 last QTE last bosses :(

Story was ok but it's super annoying that Drake wont just kill Dante. He tries to kill them like 50 times, he lets him go, comes back with an army, tries to kill drake again lets him live. I would buy it if Drake hadn't just murdered 5,000 random men throughout the game.

So I.M.O it was ok just too long and again more of the same.

I'm currently playing this, very close to the end now. It's really impressive overall and a solid Uncharted experience that I'd say is on par with the first game, but by God it's dragging on too long, and I don't find the controls particularly comfortable. The plot is kind of forgettable. I'm now in the Serpent Temple with Chase and we're after... something. I don't even really know what the driving force is, or what this treasure everyone's after is. I've enjoyed some of the level design and the Vita features have been implemented pretty well (I like the little archaeological elements like doing chalk scrubbings or holding the 'paper' up the light), but I'm on like Chapter 29 now and and I kind of wish it had wrapped up about six chapters ago.

Ugh, this last boss can get fucked. Putting in a boss battle as a huge QTE where if you make one mistake in about 30 actions is just a fucking horrible idea. HORRIBLE.

Top Bottom