• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

It took me a solid minute to get the title and audibly went "AAAHHHH" when it finally clicked.

Still bummed about the lack of multiplayer, but photo mode will probably get me to pull the trigger on this.

Loudninja

Just remember they are adventure movies as games. What's the story of Raiders of the Lost Ark? Indy tries to get to the Ark before the Nazis get it. Simple story. It's the characters and their interplay that carry things along, and therefore make you care when they get in danger during exciting action set pieces. The goal of Uncharted is to give you fun characters you care about and let you actually play through those set pieces, rather than watching them play out in a cutscene.

The story in the Uncharted games is often fairly simple, but the storytelling is often stellar.
Yep ND is very good at this.

hawk2025

I hate NA PSN. This is on a 100mbps line

PLt62Pl.jpg

You can't play until Friday. There's no reason to give full bandwidth for preloads.

alexbull_uk

Preloaded and ready to go.

Really looking forward to replaying UC1. It's been at least 5 years since I last finished it.

Awesome OT

I hope Uncharted superfans can be respectful and understanding that not everyone is going to love these games, and the age of them may shine through more strongly to some than others. And some people didn't care for the games even at the time they were released.

So let's just not embarrass ourselves, this thread deserves better

That said, eager to read first time impressions (good and bad)

Replicant

Yeah, that one.
I swear I tried like fifty times to do it legit, hated that fight. Cannot imagine how frustrating it is on brutal.

Stupid fight, pretty cavern. But stupid fight. God I HATE HATE HATE that area. I also hate the sinking cargo ship area in UC3. Coincidence? Nope. I just hate knee-high water section on any Uncharted, I guess.

I'm not doing this shit on Brutal. Ain't nobody got time for that shit, etc. Too many games, not enough time.

On an unrelated note, my condolences to our American gamers. It's cruel that they didn't give you the Steelbook option.

Awesome OT

I hope Uncharted superfans can be respectful and understanding that not everyone is going to love these games, and the age of them may shine through more strongly to some than others. And some people didn't care for the games even at the time they were released.

So let's just not embarrass ourselves, this thread deserves better

That said, eager to read first time impressions (good and bad)

What you are asking for is impossible ...trust me I know -_-;
that being said, I remember really liking the ps3 uncharted demo, didn't feel the UC demo
which I think it's uncharted 2 also.I hear some many people saying that uncharted 2 is better than 3, but what I really liked about what I saw from Uncharted 4 blows everything else, the amount of freedom the demo had while riding the jeep was outstanding, curious to know if you can get off the jeep tho.
I think I might give that game 5/5 devil may cry awards one day :)

curb

Banned
Best Buy Canada shipped my copy out early yesterday. I'm bummed that I won't get a chance to touch it until Monday at this rate.

post-23187-Dwayne-The-Rock-Johnson-Clappi-UqCk.gif

Superb title, great OT.

I didn't think I wanted it but now seeing the Special Edition I'm not so sure. 20 quid for a steel and artbook? Hmm...would look nice to the Bloodborne Collectors Edition.

zsynqx

What you are asking for is impossible ...trust me I know -_-;
that being said, I remember really liking the ps3 uncharted demo, didn't feel the UC demo
which I think it's uncharted 2 also.I hear some many people saying that uncharted 2 is better than 3, but what I really liked about what I saw from Uncharted 4 blows everything else, the amount of freedom the demo had while riding the jeep was outstanding, curious to know if you can get off the jeep tho.
I think I might give that game 5/5 devil may cry awards one day :)

I love your posts so much. Personally I was thinking 4.5/5 devil may cry awards but who is counting, amirite?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The OP matches the quality of the remaster.

picked this up the other day, been to busy playing undertale to start but i have got my whole weekend to play though the uncharted series again, looking forward to it

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Still salty about the Friday release for this one. I work late on Fridays and I picked up a Saturday shift this week. I would have had more time to play if it had hit Tuesday like usual :(

Still massively excited though. These games were my go to whenever I wasn't playing anything else in particular all last gen. It'll feel right to have them on PS4.

Anyone that can inform me how long it took them to get the 10% off next PSN purchase when you pre-order this?
I was hoping to buy two games for the weekend and I didn't realize the code would not be instant.
I've been checking email and spam, no code yet about 24 hours since my purchase.

Doofcake

Fantastic OT. Haven't played the Uncharted series yet (since the PS4 is my first console), but I've had great interest in this series for a long time now. I'm really looking forward to buying this collection pre-owned in a few months when it's cheap enough and I have money!

MattyG

Banned
I went into a store yesterday thinking it came out on the 6th. Absolutely devastated when I was told it actually comes out on the 9th. I need Uncharted in my veins.

Kama_1082

Banned
Anyone that can inform me how long it took them to get the 10% off next PSN purchase when you pre-order this?
I was hoping to buy two games for the weekend and I didn't realize the code would not be instant.
I've been checking email and spam, no code yet about 24 hours since my purchase.

It's gonna be after the promotion is over.

Bandit1

On this, I will tell you - it's not about the story, it's about the characters and their interaction and banter. But even just the story alone - consider this. He's on an airplane to get the treasure. His airplane gets shot down by the same mercenaries that are later trying to kill him. At that point it's not about the treasure anymore, it's about saving your hide and getting off that island, and the only way to do so is stealing the boat from the very people who are actively trying to kill you, because they don't want to you around that treasure. Not sure how far you are, so without spoiling things, the treasure will only come into picture at a later point when it finally becomes clear what that treasure really is. Basically, throughout all the game, there's not a single point where you have any option but to either defend yourself, and try to escape, or die (or do something for a grander purpose later on). I wish the later two games kept that level of internal consistency of the morality of your actions, but they haven't done that entirely (although, they do in fact paint Drake as a darker, more rogue character than the first game does). Still though, in all three games, it's only the bad guys who die from your hand, and at several points you get to help the good guys and the innocents.

Overall, what I like the most about UC1 is that it has the level of intimacy both with the location and the characters that's rarely seen before or since. You travel the whole game in a continuous journey, mostly on foot, becoming intimate with the mysterious location. I really like when games do this (i.e. MGS1 and 3) and they have progressively abandoned that concept in UC2 (where you still spend most of the game in a continuous journey, but not just on foot) and UC3 (which takes place all over the world).

I just wanted to quote this and say that I strongly agree. I would call 2 and 3 better games, but Drake's Fortune is my favorite for the reasons you stated.

Psykotik

the game is is already out and playable in asia. bought it digitally off the singapore store.

played a bit of uncharted 1 and wow, you can definitely see that it's a product of 2007 with a shiny coat on.

still a great game though for its time. but the gameplay has advanced so far since TLOU it's pretty jarring to go back to where it all started.

Alo0oy

Banned
If Neil is reading this I just have one thing to say.

As a remarkably avid player of U2 and U3 online please allow as much customization as was in the U3 online beta to be in the U4 game...
Also please respect the beta players who tell you how the health gun balances/power feels without resorting to the drastic measures of events such as the U2 1.05 patch... which as I am sure you know the reputation of.

Please and thank you... now will this get read?
Stay tuned to find out... >>

That question should be for Bruce Straley, since he's the game director, I don't think Neil has any input in that regard, he's in charge of the creative direction & writing of the game.

Top Bottom