• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

That question should be for Bruce Straley, since he's the game director, I don't think Neil has any input in that regard, he's in charge of the creative direction & writing of the game.

I'm always sad that Bruce doesn't get any recognition around here. Even for stuff like feature begging, lol.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm always sad that Bruce doesn't get any recognition around here. Even for stuff like feature begging, lol.

He's the most talented guy at ND in my opinion. Amy & Neil did all the writing in Uncharted & The Last of Us, respectively, but it was Bruce who directed all the gameplay & level design aspects in the games, with input from Amy & Neil of course to make the gameplay fit the narrative.

I think only Uncharted 1 had one director in charge of both writing & gameplay, but ever since UC2, ND always had two directors, one focusing on the creative side & one focusing on the game side.

If Neil is reading this I just have one thing to say.

As a remarkably avid player of U2 and U3 online please allow as much customization as was in the U3 online beta to be in the U4 game...
Also please respect the beta players who tell you how the health gun balances/power feels without resorting to the drastic measures of events such as the U2 1.05 patch... which as I am sure you know the reputation of.

Please and thank you... now will this get read?
Stay tuned to find out... >>

Yes. I want something like UC2 type weapon damage but as long as the weapon damage doesn't negate traversal and any other new game mechanics I'm set.

Also please no retarded cluster bombs and turning into spiders in this one.
Also Kickbacks gotta go.
Also no silly upgradeable boosters.
If all that will be in the game, at least have a respectable hardcore mode that's just plain vanilla guns and stuff without the excess fat.

jediyoshi

t1444363200z4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Revven

What??? Nate's theme is gone?!

Well, uh, Greg Edmonson isn't doing the OST for UC4 (last I read) so that's probably why he's asking for Nate's Theme as he's likely assuming a bit too much based off of that.

I highly doubt ND would throw away such an iconic theme.

Anyway, don't freak out so much nothing's confirmed about Nate's Theme lol.

Well, uh, Greg Edmonson isn't doing the OST for UC4 (last I read) so that's probably why he's asking for Nate's Theme as he's likely assuming a bit too much based off of that.

I highly doubt ND would throw away such an iconic theme.

Anyway, don't freak out so much nothing's confirmed about Nate's Theme lol.

Oh ok.

Whew

I was gonna say that's like making an Indiana Jones film without the the theme. Why bother

Amazing OT Eggbok; great work! :) I'm getting real excited to play (and eventually platinum) all of these again, especially 2 and 3. Can't wait till Friday :D

Oh man. I didn't know there was no multiplayer in this. Uncharted 2 is probably my favorite game of last generation, and my favorite multiplayer experience. My disappointment is through the roofs. Oh well, I'll still buy it, and enjoy it throughly. Just thought I was going to be playing U2 multiplayer until Uncharted 4 came out.

Great OT. Makes me miss making Uncharted 2's OT.

ClearData

I cannot wait to watch Twitch streams of people playing this for the first time. I remember begging, BEGGING, some friends and family to play Uncharted during the last gen but they were so invested in 360 games that few listened. Now a lot of people like that get the chance.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
This has already been noticed, right?

CQxGuxPXAAELldX.jpg:large

GAF > Naughty Dog > GAF

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'd be interested to find out whether that trophy is just coincidental or ND have in fact named it after a Neogaf thread.

Drac84

Great OT, made me hyped as f*ck.

giphy.gif

I told myself I wouldn't buy this until I finish my backlog, but damnit......

KAOz

Short bus special
I'd be interested to find out whether that trophy is just coincidental or ND have in fact named it after a Neogaf thread.

Wasn't there a big thread about the list and everyone went "OMG best name ever" for that one?
I think the Trophy came before, and the thread got named after that one.

I can be wrong though.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Wasn't there a big thread about the list and everyone went "OMG best name ever" for that one?
I think the Trophy came before, and the thread got named after that one.

I can be wrong though.

Oh, right, I thought people were suggesting ND named it after a Gaf thread. I saw someone post: Gaf>ND>Gaf.

zkorejo

One of the best OT's I have ever seen!

I am not getting this day 1 as I have already beaten these games multiple times. I may get it near the Beta Launch (If there is no other way to get in).

Will be keeping my eye on the thread to read the impressions from some of the 80%ers.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This has already been noticed, right?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQxGuxPXAAELldX.jpg:large[/I MG]

GAF > Naughty Dog > GAF[/QUOTE]

Honest question, wouldn't this name had been done days before the OT title had been decided?

nib95

Banned
Eggbok, just want to re-iterate the fact that you killed it with the OT. Amazing work. Fits the Collection so perfectly, and makes for great design and reading. Bravo.

Can you guys confirm that the UC4 beta is on the disc, and not a code?

I just want the UC4 MP beta, I can't really pay for the collection, unless I am able to somehow borrow the game or rent it, or buy it and sell it within the beta period.

Please tell me that it's a code.

I'm not saying it was the Gaf thread that inspired the Trophy. That's what I'd like to know myself.

It probably was.

Heres the post and thread from almost one year ago:

They ported the engine and I doubt it's too hard for them to port the rest of the assets / physical effects. It's a matter of time.

My bet:
It's going to be a preorder bonus for Uncharted 4!
Aaaand they are going to name it the "Master Thief Collection"!^^

stryke

I just want the UC4 MP beta, I can't really pay for the collection, unless I am able to somehow borrow the game or rent it, or buy it and sell it within the beta period.

no code

zkorejo

I would also like to know this. I dont think anyone has any idea how the Beta will work. I am assuming there will be no codes. Anyone who has the game can get into the beta.

Top Bottom