• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Electret

It can't be overstated: the visuals and presentation are incredible!

Chloe seems a bit faster than Nate. Maybe that's a false memory. I've definitely noticed some new animations, though.

crates
chloe throws a crate down towards nadine, floor breaks
nadine: how about we avoid crates from now on

haha
cant help but think thats ND addressing complaints towards uc4 campaign

That was low-key hilarious.

crates

haha

they do a lot of these. that is play with your expectations. I love a few of these. will discuss them when the spoiler thread is up

Coolade

This is my first HDR ps4 pro game. I now understand what everyone was talking about. I can't imagine playing any game without it now.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Loving these early impressions. This is the Uncharted 4 I've always wanted:')

The Way of the Warrior though... That trophy has to be glitchy. I've run through the required chapters 3 times now meeting the requirements and still nothing. The only thing keeping me from the platinum. Very annoying knowing you did exactly what was required.

Going to try again this evening never restarting checkpoints, maybe that helps.

Didn't have a button prompt appear, had to save and reload for it to pop. Get a grip Naughty Dog!

Very much enjoying it so far. The visuals in the opening were seriously amazing. And it's really cool to see ND evolve and build upon design ideas from 4. Nadine and Chloe seem like a stellar combo too his far.

TripOpt55

I played about three hours of this tonight and am having a total blast. Right now I'm in Chapter 4 which is really neat and opens up the exploration options a lot. Really nails the vibe of being a treasure-hunting explorer. Some of the little additions they've made like the lockboxes and photo ops are fun. And I just completed the side quest thing which was super cool and has a pretty cool reward (to me anyway, YMMV)!

One thing that really blew me away about Uncharted 4 was the level design for the "arenas"/encounters. They've done a good job with that here too with plenty of different routes and climbing opportunities and verticality. Cool to see some of the newer multiplayer weapons from 4 pop up in the story mode here!

Mostly just delivering more of what I love from Uncharted. The game is gorgeous. Great characters and dialogue and an intriguing story. Loving it so far. Got tomorrow off and can't wait to play some more!

Sygma

This is my first HDR ps4 pro game. I now understand what everyone was talking about. I can't imagine playing any game without it now.

Now on to Last Guardian and Horizon ! Enjoy your stay. Prepare the buckets because paper towel will really not be enough

I'm in love. Also, how gorgeous is this game? I'm trying so hard not to get distracted by photo mode. I keep telling myself to save it for my crushing playthrough.

WOW.

I honestly feel like I was undersold on this game after the reviews and early impressions and I feel extremely ridiculous and silly for being lukewarm on this project before release.

I love Uncharted and they managed to take out the thing I love most about Uncharted (Nate and Elena) and it still totally, completely works and makes me feel a lot of the things those previous 4 games make me feel.

Claudia Black and Laura Bailey have amazing chemistry and the writing is so strong that these two formerly rather one note characters are within hours fully formed, interesting and I want to get to know them more and more after every conversation they share. There's such an authentic, warm and satisfying moment these two share after a big event that just brought a smile to my face.

I don't know how they do it but Naughty Dog is just a step above everyone else when it comes to direction and the performances they are getting out of their actors. There is a quality and realism married to their phenomenal tech that makes these people feel tangible and not a computer creation.

Chloe, so far, is nearly everything I wanted out of a modern take on Lara Croft. She could lead this franchise on her own, in this fashion and in to the future if these first 5 hours are anything to go by. Claudia Black is sublime in all ways.

It's a different Uncharted but it's Uncharted in every way and you can see how a studio recognizes its weaknesses, corrects a lot of them, and improves and elevates itself in different and new ways. I can't help but be giddy at the thought of some of the new things this game is bringing to the table and how it is a bridge of sorts for some of the things we'll likely see in The Last of Us Part 2.

Play this game. There's nothing 'B' about it. This is a fully realized and wonderful thing.

Pantz

Always a bit weirded out in Uncharted games where you are killing hundreds of people to get to your treasures and making wise cracks along the way.

Still fun though, but feel a little bad about it.

ahhh these impressions are making this hard. had the game preloaded and now ready for hours. Don't want to jump in until i finish my other game. i guess ill have to start tomorrow then :D

Tyaren

I'm in love. Also, how gorgeous is this game? I'm trying so hard not to get distracted by photo mode. I keep telling myself to save it for my crushing playthrough.

Then don't forget to drop by in The Lost Legacy Screenshot Thread! :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421994

Anyway, chapter 6 is imo the most beautiful location, that I have ever explored in a video game. It really is just so beautiful, imaginative and grand, and you get to fully explore it. It isn't just a pretty background. Since that location was already shown very early on in trailers and screens, you probably won't mind some pics that I took. But you do have to experience it in the game for yourself to be really blown away, these images can't capture the feeling of looking around you and finding beauty in every single direction:

36622163686_e2414bbb1c_o.png

35850747874_0eb67c9b31_o.png

36562700372_cb3e80495d_o.png

36562702292_82cec87dc8_o.png

Foxxsoxx

Always a bit weirded out in Uncharted games where you are killing hundreds of people to get to your treasures and making wise cracks along the way.

Still fun though, but feel a little bad about it.

Pulp man, pulp. Don't think too much about it.

Also hot damn this game is pretty. Really liking the chapter 4 area more than the jungle in U4.

I'm sure this has been asked already, do I need to have played the whole series to appreciate this? I've only played a bit of Uncharted 1, and most of Uncharted 2.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yeah this game is absolutely stunning. Sometimes you run through rooms with insane detail on wall carvings/murals, where you only stay for 5 seconds. The dedication of ND is remarkable.

Also, some important info gathered for trophy hunters about the finicky and vague 'Way of the Warrior' trophy.

- Update to the latest patch because there's a bug that makes a grenade close to you count as a weapon fired
- Don't touch any button related to guns, don't even mark enemies to be sure. This from the prologue to the start of ch5. You can make a manual save before the first encounter in ch3 to save time.
- Start a new game without carrying over your stats. I had to look for this on the official ND support pages: "Additionally, you have to start a New Game and opt to NOT carry stats over when prompted whenever you attempt this Trophy."

I'm going to do a 4th try after work, hopefully it finally unlocks because I never reset my stats. All the other trophies are easy but this one is hell somehow. Just because of the unclear and very specific requirements.

I'm sure this has been asked already, do I need to have played the whole series to appreciate this? I've only played a bit of Uncharted 1, and most of Uncharted 2.

It's a standalone adventure like all the other Uncharteds, but it is definitely related to Uncharted 4. I would still advise you to play it because it's one of the best entries in the series, but it's loosely tied to U4 in particular.

SomTervo

I don't know how they do it but Naughty Dog is just a step above everyone else when it comes to direction and the performances they are getting out of their actors. There is a quality and realism married to their phenomenal tech that makes these people feel tangible and not a computer creation.

I think an important difference for ND is that they obviously push a huge budget solely onto character work. That is:

1. Having great characters in the first place. Budgeting more than 3 characters for an entire game, often up to seven or eight. (This is often pretty much impossible on any non-AAA game unless it's a core focus or the characters are super throwaway.)
2. Making sure the animation budget is there to realise them well. (Must be millions.)
3. Writing them carefully without being afraid to iterate at the last minute (getting people in for reshoots even late in the schedule).
4. To an extent letting the entire project's design be built around these characters. (Most devs don't understand that characters push a story, not plot or lore. ND do. And on most projects, gameplay is the sole engine for the story - which is totally fair enough.)

I'd love to work on stuff like this but the fact is the money and pipeline just isn't there for 98% of devs. It's not really a problem and it'll change in the future. But when you're relegated to one or two animated characters and everything else is just offscreen voices, it gets a bit heartbreaking after a while (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Nemesis_

I didn't particularly like any of the Uncharted games on replay except for 2, but I absolutely love what I've played of Lost Legacy. The story and the gameplay balance feels heaps better balanced and paced. Just finished Chapter 6

Tyaren

For people who plays this one the PS4 PRO.

How is the fan noise??

It's normal, not loud. But I seem to have one of the quiter Pros. Often when people say there are big noises in certain games or game sections, that doesn't really apply for my Pro. For example my Pro does not take of when I access the Horizon Zero Dawn map.

Foxxsoxx

For people who plays this one the PS4 PRO.

How is the fan noise??

Quite for me. Runs well too, very few minor dips in framerate when there is an insane amount of high grass but it's 1% of the time and for a split second.

Jump right in. You'll appreciate it more if you've played them all but it is in no way a requirement. Besides you've played a bit of U2 and that introduces Chloe.

It's a standalone adventure like all the other Uncharteds, but it is definitely related to Uncharted 4. I would still advise you to play it because it's one of the best entries in the series, but it's loosely tied to U4 in particular.

Jump right in. You'll appreciate it more if you've played them all but it is in no way a requirement. Besides you've played a bit of U2 and that introduces Chloe.

Thanks guys.

silva1991

Pretty sure I palyed for maybe over 11 hours and still haven't beaten it yet. I'm so slow...

crates

haha

Lol yup.

Now I will be mad if they are back in TLOU2.

Loving these early impressions. This is the Uncharted 4 I've always wanted:')

The Way of the Warrior though... That trophy has to be glitchy. I've run through the required chapters 3 times now meeting the requirements and still nothing. The only thing keeping me from the platinum. Very annoying knowing you did exactly what was required.

Going to try again this evening never restarting checkpoints, maybe that helps.
Yeah, I've heard the trophy is glitched but the bold may work.

Top Bottom