• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Spoilers Thread

dralla

i kind of wish i hadn't bothered with the tokens. it kind of messed up the pacing of the game for me. chapter 4 was a slog because of it.

felt like the same complaints that people had with the first half of UC4

I'd argue the additional dialogue you get during the quest is worth it. It adds a lot to Chloe and Nadine's relationship and I think the emotional moments hit harder when you have that added development.

I don't think the UC4 comparison works because 1. it's optional in TLL and 2. there's a nice amount of variety. It's not exclusively a "walk and talk" type of section. There's a nice mix of puzzle, traversal, and combat.

I've played through TLL three times now and I've 100 percented Chapter 4 each time. I'm glad they kept the exploration/open world optional, but I couldn't imagine playing through the game without completing the token sidequest.

tootie923

I see that I forgot what they said because I stopped playing in the middle... :(

Once you do the last of the three disc device crank puzzles, as you're getting back in the jeep, Nadine says something to the effect, "If you want to finish up anything here, I'd do it now."

6EZVFG0.gif
Chloe is so hardcore that she leaps into explosions.

Saven

Banned
Just finished LL. What an amazing game that was. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

As someone who just played through all of the games for the first time ever starting this past month. This is my ranking:

2 > LL > 4 > 3 > 1

Overall, enjoyable series outside of 1. Almost didn't continue after that mediocre experience, but my friends kept assuring me that 2 was sooo much better and that it "shits on 1 from great heights." They couldn't have been more right.

Beat it again and it's just as great the second time. I'm still not sure if I prefer it over 4 overall, but Lost Legacy is undoubtedly better paced.

Egida

Neo Member
I had an amazing time with TLL. So much that it prompt me to replay the older games. I already liked Nadine from U4 but now even more so. Love that goofy side of her with the animal trivia and stuff. Also that part when they are at odds with each other, you could feel the awkwardness.
However, what I liked the most was Chloe's struggle with her roots and heritage, condensed on her father and how she comes to terms with all of it.

Just this evening I have finished replaying Uncharted 2, and there is this brief conversation between Nate and Chloe in which Nate tells her that she should play the hero more often and she goes "Nah" and leaves. And look at her now, saving an entire city from a madman and eating delicious pizza with new friends.

I'm not normally a trophy chaser, but Uncharted 1 was my first platinum and ever since I've always felt like I have to platinum the Uncharted games. I must say the trophy list for this game is pretty obnoxious. I have most of them, but now I see a hidden one
The Way of the Warrior
where you have to
go through Chapters 1-4 without shooting a gun or using a grenade
and it's like jfc; I've already spent enough time in chapter

Ricker

Shadow Puzzle was awful,thank god Nadine did it for me after fucking around with it for 20 minutes lol...also that last section on the train and all,I probably died 20 times,on moderate hehe...dont know how some of you guys do it on crushing,jesus ;)

Overall I loved it...can you(Clhoe) actually push Nadine in the water after she does it,later in the game...? that would be cool,I was looking for a spot but didnt see one.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm not normally a trophy chaser, but Uncharted 1 was my first platinum and ever since I've always felt like I have to platinum the Uncharted games. I must say the trophy list for this game is pretty obnoxious. I have most of them, but now I see a hidden one
The Way of the Warrior
where you have to
go through Chapters 1-4 without shooting a gun or using a grenade
and it's like jfc; I've already spent enough time in chapter

Stick it on explorer. Go straight to the three tombs and skip the tower in the middle. Takes about an hour. Is a drag but you know the terrain and stuff.

Just finished it for the first time, on Crushing no less. Those encounters with the vehicles are the worst. I don't know how many times I died during the APC and Helicopter ones.

Also fuck those three grabber guys and three armored dudes who show up in chapter 8 in the cave encounter

Overall though, the encounter design is much better than 4, especially late game. It gives you adequate cover and ammo and doesn't throw a billion armored enemies at you like Uncharted 4.

Story wise, I thought it was really great exploring Chloe's character and redeeming Nadine. Ever since Uncharted 2, Chloe has been pretty selfish and always trying to cut and run. Here she plays the hero without anyone egging her to do it. Of course she goes through her own arc with coming to terms with her father leaving her which leads up to this.

Also I really appreciate the setting of this game. I'm a Tamil guy, so being able to see and hear people like me in a video game, and having a focus on Hinduism without disrespecting it really made me emotional. On top of all of this, we play as an Indian character that isnt a caricature. It's incredibly rare to see this in a most western media, let alone in a video game.

I hope the series continues and Chloe returns.

Just finished the game and loved it and wow that last level, holy shit that was awesome, bravo Naughty Dog. It takes Uncharted 2's train to a whole new level. It's just insane and one of the best action set pieces in video games. It's amazing how it all just flows together with no loading in between.

Going from chasing the train in a Jeep, with bikes chasing / shooting at you.

Jumping onto the train and fighting your way up the train. With enemies on the train, aswell as bikes, Jeeps and trucks shooting at you from both sides of the train.

Jumping back to a Jeep, then back to the train.

Then another jeep and then grapple a truck, getting dragged behind it, before climbing onto it and using the mounted gun turret to blast other vehicles.

Then back to the train to reach the front.

Then another Jeep chase, away from the train to the signal station, to switch the tracks.

Then catch back up with the train and crash the Jeep into the train.

Then the final battle before the train gets to the broken bridge.

The whole sequence is stunning and one hell of a ride. I can see myself replaying that level multiple times, just for how fun it was. If this is the last Uncharted game, then it went out on a high but I would happily play another with Chloe and Nadine again.

FTF

Just beat it and it was amazing. The last chapter/level is one of the best in any Uncharted game. Loved it from start to finish and so glad whatever the original smaller dlc game they started with grew into Lost Legacy.

On my second playthrough (got the Flawless Gauntless trophy without knowing it was a trophy, yes!), and I noticed two things in Chapter 4:

1) When Chloe asks what Nadine would do if she worked with Asav, she says she'd let Chloe do all the work and then take over, all to minimize risks. Then she says she's surprised Asav isn't doing that and then something along the lines of, "Maybe his 'expert' knows more than he thinks." Foreshadowing that he has somebody good with him, aka Sam.

2) And on that note, after they talk about the Drake brothers, Chloe tells Nadine to not worry about Nate as he's out of the picture. She says nothing about Sam.

Joeku

It was on sale on PSN, so I finally got and played through this over one long night.

Just wanna say, short blast of Naughty Dog story telling is so good I'm thinking it might be preferable to the larger stuff.

The Elephant scene was the cutest thing Naughty Dog's done this side of the giraffes.

The fucking train callback plus the added jeep stuff was just...*chef kiss*. That's a way to do a finale.

HotHamBoy

I just played the game over a couple days thanks to RedBox.

Pretty much all my thoughts are positive.

Keep in my that I played Uncharted 1-3 but I skipped 4 (for now).

+ Amazing art direction, as usual

+ Tight, focused Adventure with well-designed platforming and combat scenarios. Game never felt too long or too short.

+ Really liked the mini-open area with the non-linear progression

+ Far fewer forced-combat areas, the ability to stealth kill adds more depth to each scenario

+ Fantastic representation of women. They are depicted as strong and capable, their dialogue and friendship feels natural. They are no objectified, they are both POC and Nadine is even pretty ripped, she looks like a mercenary.

+ to that end, the game's villians never stoop to misogyny, they never even acknowledge that they happen to be females. That's incredibly refreshing. Not one utterance of the word "bitch" in the whole game.

+ NO SUPERNATURAL TWIST

+/- Puzzles were kinda easy.

- several set pieces just felt like retreads

I have to say, all of the above adds up to what I feel is the best Uncharted game I've played. Again, I still need to play Uncharted 4 but Lost Legacy is better than the first 3 games IMO.

Top Bottom