• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undertale at nearly 1 million copies sold (SteamSpy)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It looks like it will cross in another week or two, but I figured I should make this before I forget given that I don't think we've ever had any sales threads specifically about the game.

http://steamspy.com/app/391540

undertalenxaef.png

Piers

Congratulations.
Despite my bitching about it, I'm happy the game has reached as much sales as its popularity.

Edit:
Dating sim.

Add in the soundtrack sales on top of that, minimal team, the fact that it was never heavily discounted. And there aren't even official translations, merchandise (outside of a few tshirt pre-orders) or ports yet.

How radically different his life must be now.

peakish

So that's up around half a million from December? Yikes.

"Beat" it yesterday and liked it a lot, happy for the creators.

Fuck yes. Keep going! Chugga chugga choo choo.

2015's best game deserves millions more. So happy for Toby's success. Can't wait to see what he does next.

DNAbro

Also throwing out that since release almost all advertisement has been just word of mouth. Not backed or highlighted by some big company or publisher like most high profile indie games

What is this, mother but with bad graphics or something?

Kind of. I just played it and beat it for the first time this week.

The game does not live up to the super massive hype machine that it was getting (10/10 reviews for it are absurd) but it's certainly worth $10 because of some memorable characters and moments, stellar music, originality, and general weirdness.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
No, he needs to make more games! He must spend all that money on engines, programmers, animators and artists!!!
/jk... sort of :p

Go toby go! :)

Well he hinted that he was starting the secret game that was teased in the Undertale kickstarter soon! I probably wouldn't expect it this year though.

Kind of. I just played it and beat it for the first time this week.

The game does not live up to the super massive hype machine that it was getting (10/10 reviews for it are absurd) but it's certainly worth $10 because of some memorable characters and moments, stellar music, originality, and general weirdness.

Is it like internet MEME type of quirky kinda game? I'm not into that stuff.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Don't ask anyone about it. Check out the trailer on the Steam page and nothing else. It's absolutely vital to play it blind. Don't let anyone tell you how to play.

Including me.

Don't listen to this guy! Play it blindfolded holding an umbrella while tiptoeing on one foot.

Top Bottom