• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universal Studios developing Gears of War movie

Strike

I remember someone else trying to do this a few years ago and nothing came out of it. It could be a decent popcorn flick if done right
(if it doesn't get stuck in development hell and they actually get a decent screenwriter/director).

Terry crews as ....da cole train baby

No....
88945854_640.jpg

Lester Speight

He's Cole Train anyway. Look it up.

del Toro would be perfect for this, he can direct action and his grasp of art direction and creature creation would be highly beneficial.

Then again, if del Toro signed on, it would definitely be cancelled.

jett

D-Member
The way Rod's explaining how it can't just be a movie for gamers is exactly why Warcraft and others weren't very good. I'll stay cautiously optimistic.

???

The Warcraft POS was like something explicitly made for the fans and nobody else.

Bsigg12

You know what, thus could be good as long as they nail the casting for Marcus and Dom, assuming it's based on the first game(s).

SFenton

Also, props to Universal for trying big budget game adaptations twice. Are they the only one so far?

(Yes, I know Warcraft was mainly a Legendary/Alibaba gig but w/e)

mdubs

Banned
Dave Batista
The Rock
Tyrese Gibson
Scott Eastwood
oops

and Vin Diesel as Col. Hoffman

in

Gears of War - Brother's Ride
"Shifting into high Gear this Christmas"

Bishop89

Gears is the only Xbox franchise I like. I love that series so I'm very happy about this. They better not screw this up.

It's time Travolta, your time has come

hqdefault.jpg

No, they're not.

There have been scores of these. Reams. Tables full. Remember that Halo movie(s)? Mass Effect? Sims?

Unless Fassbender pulls a miracle with AC, these will continue to be "in development" for time immemorial.

jelly

Game IP could be the next big thing if studios are struggling for ideas and the comic overload. There just needs to be that 'Iron Man' 'Spiderman' success with game IP.

Top Bottom