• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 4 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenZR

ICQNVaX.gif

Not enough gifs here yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wonder how far they'll get with Arya this this season. I am guessing she gets to Bravos and the Temple, but I wonder if that's where they end it for her this year. Has there been casting of the Kindly Old Man?

I wonder how far they'll get with Arya this this season. I am guessing she gets to Bravos and the Temple, but I wonder if that's where they end it for her this year. Has there been casting of the Kindly Old Man?

Not that I've seen, no. I think her arc will end as she reaches Braavos, giving them time to cast the Kindly Man.

TripOpt55

So excited for this. The amount of big events going down this season is crazy. I need the Viper/Mountain fight to deliver.

I'm assuming she just gets on the ship, and maybe we see a shot of Braavos in her final scene. Probably no House of Black and White until Season 5.

So, Joff dies in the fifth? A little too late, no?

Can't wait for the Viper.

2nd.

5th is King Tommen time!

401: Two Swords - Forging of Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper
402: The Lion and the Rose - Purple Wedding
403: Breaker of Chains - Invasion of Mereen?
404: Oathkeeper - Brienne get's sent to find Sansa (or Arya?)
405: First of His Name - Tommen becomes King
406: The Laws of Gods and Men - Now sure on this one.. anyone?
407: Mockingbird - Only Cat?
408: The Mountain and The Viper - Title says it all
409: The Watchers on The Wall - battle!
410: The Children - ?

Kain

Oh, didn't think of poor Tommen, thanks for the clarification guys!

The tears, oh the tears of Cercei will be glorious. The last three episodes are going to be something else.

And I sincerely hope they do the "only Cat" properly. It was powerful as fuck in the books and I don't trust the guy playing Littlefinger. Just as Cersei has been improving season to season, he has not. Let's hope he turns the tables, this and the next are his seasons.

Loke13

Oh, didn't think of poor Tommen, thanks for the clarification guys!

The tears, oh the tears of Cercei will be glorious. The last three episodes are going to be something else.

And I sincerely hope they do the "only Cat" properly. It was powerful as fuck in the books and I don't trust the guy playing Littlefinger. Just as Cersei has been improving season to season, he has not. Let's hope he turns the tables, this and the next are his seasons.
I disagree his Varys/Littlfinger scene and his "Chaos is a Ladder" monologue was delivered beautifully and sums up Littlefinger's character perfectly and fits what we find out about him later.

dubq

Insanity!

An-Det

Damn close now. I can't wait to see the first episode again, it was fantastic at the NYC event. This season should be awesome, so many things happening.

3N16MA

Banned
You all know you will be heading to the other thread to see the reactions after Joffery takes his permanent nap. Feeding on tears last season and now witnessing tears of joy.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You all know you will be heading to the other thread to see the reactions after Joffery takes his permanent nap. Feeding on tears last season and now witnessing tears of joy.

It will be the exact opposite of watching Red Wedding reactions.

Fey

Banned
The guy playing little finger is actually pretty good, it's just his fucking changing accent that is all sorts of awful.

I was watching the "power is power" scene a few days ago and his voice was just completely different to how I remember it. The accent was just totally different.

_Ryo_

Tears of joy will become bloodshed once Oberyn is killed though.

In other words, the happiness will be short lived.

Yonafunu

The thing about Littlefinger is the difference between his book and show version is pretty subtle, but significant at the same time.
In the books, he's cunning and sneaky, but very friendly, and most importantly, he's everyone's friend. Everyone trusts him.
Show-Littlefinger is the opposite in that regard. Nobody trusts Littlefinger in the show. It's a very different dynamic.

RaidenZR

Tears of joy will become bloodshed once Oberyn is killed though.

In other words, the happiness will be short lived.

For Episode 8 to properly payoff, they need to establish Oberyn as a character the audience likes and can empathize with rather quickly. They have 7 episodes to work on that so I'd imagine that every scene is crucial.

They did a good job with ramping up Lady Olenna as someone the viewers can rally behind and laugh alongside with last season, so they writers just need to follow their own playbook.

Yeah. I was reading in the offseason thread and people were like "I really want Joff to die but knowing George it'll never happen :("

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Robb's death reactions were something amazing to read.

Part of me wants Stannis as king because it's his by robert's death.

But the other part of me doesn't think he deserves it. He's not "boss" enough.

Jon Snow will sit the iron throne and rule the seven kingdoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom