• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Does anyone else ever wonder if GRRM is perhaps using the show as a testing ground for certain plot developments? Like what if Sansa originally got raped in TWOW, under different circumstances obviously, but when he saw the massive backlash to the rape on the show, he changed the way it happened or maybe excised it all together from the book? /conspiracytheorypositingthatgrrmiswaitinguntilthetvshowisovertofinishthebooks

Brakke

Banned
Hyyyyyype traaaaaaain.

I wonder if Sam will meet the Summer Islanders or just warp straight to Old Town. Be. Ice to get some non-pirate black folk on screen. Not that the Pimpsuit-Wearing, Jolly, Singing Libertines is all that great as far as non-stereotyped representation goes...

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
nightking.png

THE KING IN THE NORTH!

Does anyone else ever wonder if GRRM is perhaps using the show as a testing ground for certain plot developments? Like what if Sansa originally got raped in TWOW, under different circumstances obviously, but when he saw the massive backlash to the rape on the show, he changed the way it happened or maybe excised it all together from the book? /conspiracytheorypositingthatgrrmiswaitinguntilthetvshowisovertofinishthebooks

He's said he's not going to do that and I doubt even he would waste so much time waiting for the show to do things first when there's a possibility that it will be poorly received and have to ditch it all to start again.

Plus, I think he released
the new Alayne chapter, that features zero rape
the same week U,U & U aired for a reason.

axb2013

Re: Jon Snow

I kept my cool since the airing of season 5's finale. I stood firm beyond reasoning that a character whose origin was relevant enough to be a deciding factor in D&D's interview with RR Martin cannot be eliminated yet, that the Beric Dondarrion's revival was there to setup Melisandre/Jon Snow.

However, I saw this interview and I'm starting to panic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0hsKz2NFI

Puppen

Banned
He's said he's not going to do that and I doubt even he would waste so much time waiting for the show to do things first when there's a possibility that it will be poorly received and have to ditch it all to start again.

Plus, I think he released
the new Alayne chapter, that features zero rape
the same week U,U & U aired for a reason.

He can't possibly be happy with Season 5. There's no way. I'd love to be a fly on the wall on calls between GRRM and D&D these days.

SteveWD40

From the old thread, re Battle of Winterfell:

Ramsay scrambling back to Winterfell where Jon beats him to death.

Where is this info coming from? cos I like the sound of that!

A while back someone was posting on Reddit saying they were an extra on the BfW shoots. All the posts have been deleted since, unfortunately.

You have to take these anonymous leaks with a grain of salt.

That said WotW reported last year that:

http://watchersonthewall.com/exclusive-new-game-of-thrones-season-6-spoiler-report-from-winterfell/
According to WotW‘s sources, a scene was rehearsed and is being filmed this week involving Sansa, Jon Snow, Ramsay and Littlefinger. The characters are interacting in Winterfell’s courtyard, and there’s a great deal of tension…

Forkball

The reckoning is upon us.

I'm really curious about Dany's plotline. Though we have a lot of rumors about so many major events this season, we are pretty much in the dark about what she's going to be up to. There's one thing we know for sure though: she won't even be an inch closer to Westeros.

Speevy

Banned
About the end of the season (huge spoilers)

What lends credibility to these rumors is that they appeared before trailer 2. Trailer 2 clearly shows a wall of bodies, which is a detail that no one would just make up. Second, the words "Do you like games, little man?" in the trailer. That's Ramsay telling him to take off running towards Jon. Third, it aligns with another source who said more or less the same thing, although in vaguer terms last year. No one would just guess that Ramsay kills Rickon. That's too specific considering the character is in hiding. Someone who guesses at these things would have just said Sansa reunites with him or something. Everyone assumed at first that the wildlings were getting beaten in the trailer and Jon shows up to save the day, but it makes much more sense that Jon is already part of the battle, and a third party interferes.

Roose is so toast, I hope they surprise me and keep him loose. While you are at it don't bring Jon back for ultimate shock.

Happy that Bronn is returning. I don't care how pointless he is, the man steals the screen whenever he is on.

Lastly I wish they keep Dany at a minimum. The whole dothraki thing seems so boring. CGI dragons ain't my thing really either.

XAL

It's already a prosthetic...

latest

Good prosthetics I mean. They basically made the entire face CG for that Hardhome scene, if you look at the hi-res picture of what you posted it actually looks pretty bad almost like a face paint.

Moff

I admit, I never liked the night's king's design, the white walkers looked badass, but he just looks goofy, in any of his versions. they should have gone for somethinge more low key.

Chuckie

I admit, I never liked the night's king's design, the white walkers looked badass, but he just looks goofy, in any of his versions. they should have gone for somethinge more low key.

Yeah he looks like some shit frozen Darth Maul wanna be. Really weird because the normal ones indeed look cool.

-griffy-

Banned
Good prosthetics I mean. They basically made the entire face CG for that Hardhome scene, if you look at the hi-res picture of what you posted it actually looks pretty bad almost like a face paint.
They use CG to make his skin semi transparent like ice. They'll do the same this season probably, but presumably the CG will have improved.

Sean C

She needs to start wrecking shit. Though I suspect we'll be seeing that this season, hopefully it's the case.
The problem I have with this whole story at this point is that the writers have done so little to develop Sansa's character as a credible player (indeed, last season shredded any sense that she'd learned anything) that it's going to be implausible if she suddenly starts acting like one.

A lot of people defending the previous season took the tack that it would be implausible if she was suddenly a masterful player, which is true enough; that's why you develop characters gradually. But nothing the show did in Season 5 makes her being a leader/player in Season 6 any more credible, so you're left with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom