• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

UraMallas

Cleganebowl is happening yall. Hound's vision pretty much confirmed it.

EDIT: Oh, so we're talking leaked scripts already in this thread? Neat.

UraMallas

Note: Any leak discussion is prohibited in the thread and bannable. This includes linking to sources, vague hints, posting spoilers outright, etc... Find somewhere else on the internet to have this conversation if it appeals to you.

Gnome

The ending, nothing really happening. I feel like the D&D just like to pointlessly hype Daenerys to no end.
Was that the valyrian dagger from the first season in Sam's book?

It looked like the one belonging to Tyrion that he won from Petyr and was used by the assassin who tried to kill Bran in S1. They mentioned it had a dragonbone hilt. If that's the one you mean.

Watching the preview for the next episode there is
like half a second where a woman that I think is one of the snakes is swinging a sword against somebody.

EDIT : Watched it again and again and yep, I think
thats Tyene Sand and she seems to be in a ship

golem

He's been busy fucking Gilly.

Lol

tenor.gif

TankUP

Waited 17 years for Dany to cross the sea. I'm glad they took their time.

Something else I've waited all this time to see looks like is imminent based on this teaser for next episode.
Arya and her wolf, reunited.

UraMallas

I guess I'm crazy because I misremembered Sam's delivery of his lines about Dragonstone and valyrian steel as him brushing it off when Stannis said it (i.e. 'forgetting about it') and now as he saw it in the book he remembered the conversation and this confirms Stannis' claim. I've done that before, remembered something after it was confirmed to me by a second source.

Apt101

Those were Lannister red cloaks Arya was eating with, right? Humanizing the commoners for her. She's making her way though the Riverlands now, I wonder if we'll finally see Nymeria again. Maybe at least a flash back.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Those were Lannister red cloaks Arya was eating with, right? Humanizing the commoners for her. She's making her way though the Riverlands now, I wonder if we'll finally see Nymeria again. Maybe at least a flash back.

My additional thought: Maybe their talk about home, will instead push her back North instead of South.

Yea that bothered me. It would have made more sense if he was like "I didn't believe him until now when I saw it in this book as proof"

Yeah, wtf was that.

yeah, that was stupid. They didn't think of a better excuse than that?!

It was so dumb I figured at first there has to be more behind it than that, but after some of the dumber things that have been in this show I have no clue.

I thought it was a good episode. I think it straddles the line of feeling like fan-fiction at times (like the Arya-Frey scene) but I enjoyed it all the same. The Dragonstone scene was very well done.

ryseing

Yeah. I'm enjoying the episode but worried about this.

Necessary set-up. I suspect we're getting two big human battles this season- North/Lannister and Euron/Dany, and both will come before ep. 6.

C'mon y'all. Nothing major was ever going to happen in the premiere. It was a setting the table episode, and Dany finally coming home is a pretty big deal.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That was an excellent episode. It seems the extra time and reduced workload made a difference.

Whereas I was worried that with fewer episodes, would mean some scenes wouldn't get made or pushed aside, but the Hound & The Fire scene was pretty great.

And it was pawned off years ago.

tenor.gif

Also like most videogames, how were you to know you weren't supposed to sell "Strange Dagger" along with all the Tanned Hides and Bone Fragments you looted when you were grinding out in the Harrenhall Dungeon. You had to get that money for that +5 Incest repellent for when you took on Kings Landing.

Waited 17 years for Dany to cross the sea. I'm glad they took their time.

That's just kind of the crazy thing to me- that the show has even taken 60 episodes or so for Dany to get to Westeros... and yet the whole thing will be wrapped up in 13 or so episodes now?

That's not any kind of indication of quality or anything, it's just telling how the show has a certain pace when the books existed as a detailed blueprint and now that those are gone, the whole thing (what would probably amount to thousands of pages) can be sped through to completion in 13 episodes. I guess if the episodes end up being longer (hour plus) that might balance out but still, it seems kind of crazy how quickly they're wrapping this up, considering how long its taken to get to this point.

Zabka

Whereas I was worried that with fewer episodes, would mean some scenes wouldn't get made or pushed aside, but the Hound & The Fire scene was pretty great.
Some people expected two short, packed seasons. It looks like it's one season given a lot of room to breathe.

Plus a movie.

Chumley

Banned
That's just kind of the crazy thing to me- that the show has even taken 60 episodes or so for Dany to get to Westeros... and yet the whole thing will be wrapped up in 13 or so episodes now?

That's not any kind of indication of quality or anything, it's just telling how the show has a certain pace when the books existed as a detailed blueprint and now that those are gone, the whole thing (what would probably amount to thousands of pages) can be sped through to completion in 13 episodes. I guess if the episodes end up being longer (hour plus) that might balance out but still, it seems kind of crazy how quickly they're wrapping this up, considering how long its taken to get to this point.

I'm not expecting the books to have much of anything in common with the show past S4. If they ever come out.

Top Bottom