• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

She's so going to show up this Sunday now that you said that.
I'm not saying that Lady Stoneheart will happen. But Catelyn was seen in last week's recap. And Catelyn was seen for a glimpse when Arya cut Walker Frey's throat. And Beric Dondarrion is still hanging around for some reason. Sure, it would be crazy but it would hardly be the craziest thing in the world for a fantasy show. And all the speculation about whether and how Littlefinger would die -- I think getting eaten by zombie Catelyn would be a pretty awesome way to end the character. I mean, I could certainly see GRRM doing it. So I don't trust anyone from the show when they say she's cut.

jfkgoblue

I'm not saying that Lady Stoneheart will happen. But Catelyn was seen in last week's recap. And Catelyn was seen for a glimpse when Arya cut Walker Frey's throat. And Beric Dondarrion is still hanging around for some reason. Sure, it would be crazy but it would hardly be the craziest thing in the world for a fantasy show. And all the speculation about whether and how Littlefinger would die -- I think getting eaten by zombie Catelyn would be a pretty awesome way to end the character. I mean, I could certainly see GRRM doing it. So I don't trust anyone from the show when they say she's cut.
The dream is dead man.

It's been years. She's bones now. That would be unequivocally the dumbest thing they could do, besides Jorah marrying Dany or Hot Pie marrying Ayra. Damn Shippers.

literally all of the Freys are already dead and the BWB has left the Riverlands

Showaddy

Im not sure what the sarcasm is for. I've never been fond of the nudity and I never will. Why do I have to agree with everyone about this

Edit: sorry for double post

No offence I find the idea of someone who's hoping for incest but is disgusted by even the slightest amount of nudity pretty weird.

Noema

I think cersei and her squad of goons has to go soon. I just can't figure out any place for them in the night king vs. starkgaryen war.

What if they send Zombie Mountain to fight White Walkers and they kill him again and raise him as a wight? Undead^2.

And then he fights the Hound. That's one hell of a cleganebowl.

Showaddy

What if they send Zombie Mountain to fight White Walkers and they kill him again and raise him as a wight? Undead^2.

And then he fights the Hound. That's one hell of a cleganebowl.

Nah the Hound will get killed fighting the Night King and get raised up. Science Zombie Clegane vs Magic Zombie Clegane. Get hype.

Real Hero

They already killed ALL THE FREYS in one scene though

Bread

Banned
Did they film it to be VR compatible? Wait don't spoil it for me, I want to be surprised.
Yes but the VR camera was placed behind Jon so that will be the only angle you see from.

That's not what I heard, I heard there was a lot of people on set for the scene and that it cost more to film than the Loot Train battle in terms of the pyrotechnics that Tyrion sets off in order to get the mood just right and the Dragons burning giant flaming hearts into the ground around the two as they make sweet, sweet, extra graphic love.
You might be thinking of the dragon sex scene coming in episode 6. I guess they had to get Andy Serkis to mocap the dragon dick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, the idea of actively rooting for characters to bone but then also rooting for it to get off-screened is just inherently weird to me.

GRRM has already stated that the change he most disagrees with between the show and the books is Lady Stoneheart. It's not happening.

200_s.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
GRRM has already stated that the change he most disagrees with between the show and the books is Lady Stoneheart. It's not happening.

I'd agree with GRRM on that if I thought Lady Stoneheart was going somewhere.

I'll never get this sort of heel-digging. I have a friend who won't accept that Lady Stoneheart isn't going to show up and another who won't give up that Jon might be a Baratheon. It's baffling. Both show-only folks. No matter how much sense I talk into them, it doesn't matter. The Jon thing isn't even worth mentioning because it's so ludicrous. But why won't people accept that LSH isn't showing up?

Never mind the fact that GRRM has gone on record saying LSH's exclusion was a sore point between him and D&D. Never mind the fact that she died in S3, back in 2013. Also never mind the fact that D&D had Arya fulfill that character's purpose in a single scene at the beginning of this season. And never mind the fact that there are no hints as to her inclusion or, frankly, anywhere to fit her in their rapidly concluding endgame.

What more will it take?

Angry Grimace

Why would zombie catelyn eat Littlefinger?

What?

I'll never get this sort of heel-digging. I have a friend who won't accept that Lady Stoneheart isn't going to show up and another who won't give up that Jon might be a Baratheon. It's baffling. Both show-only folks. No matter how much sense I talk into them, it doesn't matter. The Jon thing isn't even worth mentioning because it's so ludicrous. But why won't people accept that LSH isn't showing up?

Never mind the fact that GRRM has gone on record saying LSH's exclusion was a sore point between him and D&D. Never mind the fact that she died in S3, back in 2013. Also never mind the fact that D&D had Arya fulfill that character's purpose in a single scene at the beginning of this season. And never mind the fact that there are no hints as to her inclusion or, frankly, anywhere to fit her in their rapidly concluding endgame.

What more will it take?

Like 5 years have passed even in storyline since she died. And Thoros is with the Hound headed for Eastwatch, how would he even come across a body?

Why would zombie catelyn eat Littlefinger?

What?
I meant "maul." I originally had a line about Arya's wolfpack eating him and it got garbled in the editing. I don't feel like I'm heel-digging. I don't need Stoneheart on the show. I'm just saying that it's the kind of show where they could still do it.

Angry Grimace

I'm laughing really hard at the concept of LSH eating Littlefinger.

Bread

Banned
"Cat, you look.... different. But you're still the only woman I ever loved. Not your sister, not your daughter. Only you."
*garbling noises from Catelyn*
Littlefinger puts his index finger to her neck. "Shhhh, don't say anything else. Just kiss me."
He leans forward, closes his eyes to kiss her and she takes a big bite out of his face.
Bran looks on from his tree and tells Sansa "I think getting eaten by zombie Catelyn would be a pretty awesome way to end the character."

I'll never get this sort of heel-digging. I have a friend who won't accept that Lady Stoneheart isn't going to show up and another who won't give up that Jon might be a Baratheon. It's baffling. Both show-only folks.

What do show-only folks know about Stoneheart, aside from seeing some shitty IGN video about her three years ago or some such bulltrash? This is why I can't hardly talk to unsullied anymore.

Not really directed at you, just shouting at the universe for a second...

Also this interesting thing, which may be something, may be nothing, from last week's episode...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fa...thrones/ar-AApN6y7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

In all likeliness, it's just an extra that's being used (she walks by twice).

I really hope Bronn survives until the end and gets his castle and a big sack of gold.

Not because he is a fan favourite but it's rare for the ''greedy'' rogue character to end up with his prize. Usually they either end up dead (bonus points if the cause is their greed) or if they survive they lose their treasure and are like ''it wasn't that important anyway because I'm the good guy!''.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Ha! That's gold! Doesn't that rule out Jon, though?

i remember reading some theories that the smoke will be from the pyre shireen is sacrificed in, and the salt is in the meat from the storage where his body is kept cold before he is "reborn".

i suppose the smoke could also be in the meat, if there's smoked ham or something.

i remember reading some theories that the smoke will be from the pyre shireen is sacrificed in, and the salt is in the meat from the storage where his body is kept cold before he is "reborn".

i suppose the smoke could also be in the meat, if there's smoked ham or something.

Hmm...I wonder if in the books Shireen will be sacrificed to bring Jon back, rather than by Stannis.

melisandre burning shireen to resurrect jon is the most popular theory at the moment, i believe.

They did Stannis dirty.

Also hopefully that will make Jon in the books actually stop and think about his resurrection for a moment, unlike in the show where he moved on from it a little too quickly.

Edzi

Speaking of the Freys, isn't it kind of absurd that the rest of the Kingdoms haven't made a bigger deal out of an entire house getting poisoned/wiped out in one night?

Hjod

Banned
Hot take.

Brann is the Night King, Brann the builder and so on.

He will learn how to jump back in time, get stuck there and forced to live in the time period he jumps too.

His father heard him, Hodor saw him and the Night King touched him.

I bet he traveled back to tell the Mad King to burn the Others but he messed with his mind and he could only remember burn them all.

And that ladies and gents is todays fanfiction.

I'll be here all week.

As someone else basically said, Dany and Jon having a go of it has seemed predestined since the first book. I just want the reaction when Jon finds out (assuming he and Bran do see each other) he banged his aunt.

Bread

Banned
Hot take.

He will learn how to jump back in time, get stuck there and forced to live in the time period he jumps too.

I bet he traveled back to tell the Mad King to burn the Others but he messed with his mind and he could only remember burn them all.

I'll be here all week.
not a hot take, this has been a theory for years.

give us something more original!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Hot take.

I'll be here all week.

actually a very common theory among the crazier ones, though him being stuck in the past is not something i remember reading.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

200_s.gif

Lady Stoneheart's so bad tho.

Hot take.

He doesn't time travel. The trees just remember stuff that happens in front of them and stuff people who can talk to the trees remember. Such a god awful theory.

Gigglepoo

Yeah, I could see that in the books, but I was talking about the show. Isn't he ruled out as the Prince That Was Promised? I didn't even remember "smoke and salt" was in the show.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
As someone else basically said, Dany and Jon having a go of it has seemed predestined since the first book. I just want the reaction when Jon finds out (assuming he and Bran do see each other) he banged his aunt.

you'd think bran would have learned his lesson when it comes to peeping on relatives fucking.

Hjod

Banned
not a hot take, this has been a theory for years.

give us something more original!

Damnit, busted.

Ehh ehh, ok here goes.

Jon was never ressurected, it was Jaqen H'ghar who took his place and when he meets Arya he pretends like he doesn't recognize her and asks her name?

actually a very common theory among the crazier ones, though him being stuck in the past is not something i remember reading.

Yeah I found it on youtube, man that hole goes deep.

Lady Stoneheart's so bad tho.

He doesn't time travel. The trees just remember stuff that happens in front of them and stuff people who can talk to the trees remember. Such a god awful theory.

True, but it seems he can interact with the past to some degree. I agree it's one of the worst theories out there, I just found it funny.

But the Night King and Brann looks kinda the same.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I really hope Bronn survives until the end and gets his castle and a big sack of gold.

Not because he is a fan favourite but it's rare for the ''greedy'' rogue character to end up with his prize. Usually they either end up dead (bonus points if the cause is their greed) or if they survive they lose their treasure and are like ''it wasn't that important anyway because I'm the good guy!''.

What if...

Bronn is Azor Ahai?

Angry Grimace

Does anyone actually think Jaime is dead because that's kind of a dumb plot device they like to use a lot where they act like someone dies in the cliffhanger when you're "dude Jaime isn't gonna fucken drown."

Top Bottom