• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Eh, D&D dropping Aegon made the show easier to adapt, but made the story a far worse experience. Same with the Ironborns and the Martells. The show has survived on spectacle for since Season 5, and while they can introduce well-written portions (Winds of Winter, The Door, Hardhome). Having Brienne actually kill Stannis, and Sansa move in with Ramsay was in-theory a clever way of condensing characters. However, their translation from paper to the small screen has not always worked well from a plot/character point of view.

There are still two books, possibly three left. The first three are known as act one, with feast/dance being act 2, and winds/dream being act 3. It would be worse storytelling if they were introduced in Winds of Winter. Feast even states that an uneasy alliance has opened up within the seven kingdoms, clearly putting a pause on most major plots. The plot then gets rolling again with Jon dying, Dany leaving, Cersei walking, Stannis marching, Aegon landing, Jamei and Brienne stonehearting....and everyone going to Meereen.

Let's be honest, there are 0 books left and George really had no idea what else to do or how to do it. He introduced worthless plot threads like the Iron Born, Dorne, Faegon etc because they let him "build the world" but they serve no real plot purpose and just allow him to be indulgent.

That's still pretty well-thought out, ACoK came out in 1998 and ADwD came out in 2011. I don't think I've ever read another author who plans as meticulously as GRRM
although i guess anyone could do it if they had decades in which to incubate their ideas

George's single biggest problem is that he isn't a planner. He's a gardener. If you don't think he's making this shit up as he goes along then you clearly don't know the man.

jdstorm

Banned
The Show likes to combine a lot of book elements into one tighter element. IE fake Arya became Sansa who still managed to bring the vale army north like book Sansa will likely do.

My guess would be that Aegon was combined with/replaced by Elliaria Sand. So he likely joins Dany, has a thing with Asha and then ultimately is defeated by Euron/Victorian

jett

D-Member
Tyrion has been having some seriously garbage ideas this season. Time to feed him to the dragons.

And it seems they've forgotten about the Unsullied lol.

And Dany is already thirsty for dat nephew D.

jdstorm

Banned
GoT Magnificent 7 final totally happening right.

Jon, Arya, Bran, Dany, Tyrion, Jamie, Brienne and Gendry all ready to mount up vs the knights king.

jett

D-Member
bububu jaime's arc

Weird things are happening this season. Weird things.

Bringing back Gendry is fun and all but it's some next-level fan fiction.

Top Bottom