• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Not sure it's the same Q&A, but there was another transcription/translation over on Reddit from his time in Russia.

By the way, Benioff has a novel called City of Thieves and it's excellent. Dude knows how to write.
The 25th Hour is good, too. Both the book and the movie screenplay that he adapted.

Turin

Banned
Omitting the Qarth dress is something I'm grateful to the show about. Couldn't imagine that not looking really dumb.

By the way, Benioff has a novel called City of Thieves and it's excellent. Dude knows how to write.

I have heard good things about Benioff's novels.

Was Lincoln scum if he prayed for the deaths of the confederates trying to rip apart his country? ;)
of course not, the confederates were assholes and the showrunners wanna make a show about them.

Robb Stark on the other hand, never tried to rip Westeros apart, he only wanted to avenge his father and I'm pretty sure Stannis should be aware of that

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll never accept the way the show just ignores the Starks warging abilities from the books, Arya especially.

Honestly it's a really dumb ability because it's just another tangent that keeps GRRM from making reasonable progress on his books at a consistent clip. The show cut out so many things and people are still complaining about plotlines being dropped suddenly.

Bubble

Neo Member
Just wanted to say that cutting the direwolfs for the dragons is one of the worst things about the show.

Direwolfs > Dragons

fuzaco

of course not, the confederates were assholes and the showrunners wanna make a show about them.

Robb Stark on the other hand, never tried to rip Westeros apart, he only wanted to avenge his father and I'm pretty sure Stannis should be aware of that

He wanted to be king. Stannis wanted to be king. There can't be two kings at the same time. It's not hard.

Violater

Honestly it's a really dumb ability because it's just another tangent that keeps GRRM from making reasonable progress on his books at a consistent clip. The show cut out so many things and people are still complaining about plotlines being dropped suddenly.
The tangents as you put them breathe life into the world created in the books. These are not the things that stop him from finishing the series. Also this is the book thread, I can complain about whatever the F I want lol.

Violet_0

Banned
I keep forgetting that Theon exists. D&D apparently do too, they're probably like "oh yeah this guy. I guess we still gotta do something with him. Say, why did we torture him for multiple seasons again?". I feel like Sansa, Arya, Littlefinger, Varys, Melisandre, Grey Worm and Missandai are some of their other leftover characters that don't particularly matter for the main plot, so they don't get to do much besides some of them being involved in the superfluous Winterfell drama to occupy them for a season. And the rest just joined Jon's merry band

He wanted to be king. Stannis wanted to be king. There can't be two kings at the same time. It's not hard.

It's not hard at all because Robb Stark never wanted the iron throne. He was fine with king in the north and renly was fine with partnering up with Robb. Stannis on the other hand said fuck them both.

Kallor

Robb should have just allied with Stannis though and bargained that the north just be sovereign as it basically is anyway.

He certainly should have after the Greyjoys took Winterfell. It would have been perfect for both. Bend the Knee, Stannis helps bail the north out with the Greyjoys and then he takes the northerners south to take on Tywin.

But Stannis wasn't going to have a Sovereign North.

CGwizz

I had to see episode 6 to not get spoiled but i am excited as fuck to see it again with great quality, lets hope episode 7 dont leak, this episode i dont know nothing because we only have like 3 seconds of episode 7 footage from the trailers that does not spoil anything.

Its 80 minutes? Shiet its like a movie in lenght *.*

I keep forgetting that Theon exists. D&D apparently do too, they're probably like "oh yeah this guy. I guess we still gotta do something with him. Say, why did we torture him for multiple seasons again?". I feel like Sansa, Arya, Littlefinger, Varys, Melisandre, Grey Worm and Missandai are some of their other leftover characters that don't particularly matter for the main plot, so they don't get to do much besides some of them being involved in the superfluous Winterfell drama to occupy them for a season. And the rest just joined Jon's merry band
I think Theon is actually their favorite character, or at least his Clash arc was their favorite.
http://deadline.com/2013/06/emmy-q-a-with-game-of-thrones-david-benioff-and-d-b-weiss-532200/amp/
Anyways I've think they've done a fine job with him this season, at least relative to the other characters, we'll get back to him when it's necessary.
Edit: accidentally doubled

Hazmat

Robb should have just allied with Stannis though and bargained that the north just be sovereign as it basically is anyway.

It's not hard at all because Robb Stark never wanted the iron throne. He was fine with king in the north and renly was fine with partnering up with Robb. Stannis on the other hand said fuck them both.

The North wasn't sovereign by any stretch of the imagination and Stannis wouldn't settle for six kingdoms when seven are his by law. Stannis basically has one characteristic, and letting the North be an independent kingdom is antithetical to that.

An interesting wrinkle would have been if Renly was open to an independent North but Stannis murders him.

I feel like Sansa, Arya, Littlefinger, Varys, Melisandre, Grey Worm and Missandai are some of their other leftover characters that don't particularly matter for the main plot, so they don't get to do much besides some of them being involved in the superfluous Winterfell drama to occupy them for a season. And the rest just joined Jon's merry band

Sansa, LF, and Melisandre should have died in Season 6 imo that's where their importance in the story peaked. I mean, who died in Season 6 anyway??? House Tyrell, Tommen, and Hodor that's really it. (i don't count Balon, Doran, 3ER such minor characters)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, people make too big a deal of the actor changing. It's not like his line deliveries will be different.

Kallor

Jon Snow would have bent the knee for Stannis had he been KITN at the time instead of Robb. Especially once he found out daddy Eddard Potter supported Stannis.

jett

D-Member
Sansa, LF, and Melisandre should have died in Season 6 imo that's where their importance in the story peaked. I mean, who died in Season 6 anyway??? House Tyrell, Tommen, and Hodor that's really it. (i don't count Balon, Doran, 3ER such minor characters)

Sansa isn't going to die simply because she has been so ill-treated throughout the entire show...and now continues to be ill-treated by her own sister lol. Sansa is D&D's personal whipping girl at this point. Honestly I thought I was going somewhere with this but I don't know what kind of arc is a character like this is supposed to have. Maybe she should die.

Sansa isn't going to die simply because she has been so ill-treated throughout the entire show...and now continues to be ill-treated by her own sister lol. Sansa is D&D's personal whipping girl at this point. Honestly I thought I was going somewhere with this but I don't know what kind of arc is a character like this is supposed to have. Maybe she should die.

At one point, I thought Sansa would skip season 5 with Bran but when they put her in Jeyne Poole's role it felt like they were ramping up her role in the show to kill her off, since she wasn't a part of the OG5 from GRRM and thus expendable.

Her arc would have been abandoning her family for southern royalty, returning home, and exacting revenge on Ramsay and retaking Winterfell for her family and her brothers at the cost of her life. Also somehow fit in her executing LF and still using the Vale forces. It would have made at least as much sense as any other plot introduced into the show.

Turin

Banned
I suspect that they recast the Night King because he'll eventually have to get more physical. Richard Brake is 52 and kind of frail. Vladimír Furdík is only 5 years younger but clearly in better physical condition.

Just talking about the faces, there's a bit of give and take between the two versions. Furdik looks less CGI'd but there's more personality with Brake's version.

lmi7ZSB.png

I suspect that they recast the Night King because he'll eventually have to get more physical. Richard Brake is 52 and kind of frail. Vladimír Furdík is only 5 years younger but clearly in better physical condition.

Just talking about the faces, there's a bit of give and take between the two versions. Furdik looks less CGI'd but there's more personality with Brake's version.

Brake's facial structure makes him more creepier. Dude was already creepy in Doom. Shame they had to swap another actor for his character. Brake's face makes a more sinister expression compared to the poker face Night's King

So where exactly are they going? This just seems like they're looting too far out of the circle in PUBG. Just get a Wight closer to the Wall, like at Crasters or something. Show is making it look like they're going back to the Fist of the First Men or something.

Top Bottom