• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ayra isn't being stupid.

But Sansa is an idiot for not immediately knowing Littlefinger found that letter as he was there when she wrote it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Crap. Tormund is talking about having his future with Briene....

He is so dead.... :(

Yes, she is, seeing as she literally served Tywin Lannister.

She also blames Sansa for Ned's death, despite that this letter had no impact whatsoever on that.

She betrayed their family with that letter. I see no problem with her response. She always disliked Sansa.

ryseing

Wait wait wait.

No Tyrion, your father's power was not built entirely on fear. Your father was a political genius who inspired respect.

ryseing

His "political genius" was being a ruthless bastard. So, yeah, fear.

That's simplifying it though. Obviously, Rains of Castamere and so forth. But Tywin had the political aptitude to back up his ruthlesness, something Cersei does not have.

Nobody loved Tywin, is the point.

This is true enough. He didn't inspire anyone. But to say his power was based solely on fear is discounting his brilliance.

jett

D-Member
That's simplifying it though. Obviously, Rains of Castamere and so forth. But Tywin had the political aptitude to back up his ruthlesness, something Cersei does not have.

In the books, yeah. But in the show Cersei was inexplicably doing pretty well for herself, before the weapons of mass dragons.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
little_green_by_narugirl369-d5fspd1.jpg

Oops.

Flaming swords are cool and all but unless you're Jon and have got Valyrian steel, umm why doesn't everyone have shit tons of dragon glass spears and knives and axes? Didn't they just spend a bunch of time mining tons of dragon glass? Why is that not the primary weapon of all these guys?

mcfrank

Flaming swords are cool and all but unless you're Jon and have got Valyrian steel, umm why doesn't everyone have shit tons of dragon glass spears and knives and axes? Didn't they just spend a bunch of time mining tons of dragon glass? Why is that not the primary weapon of all these guys?

Dragon glass is for the white walkers. Not the zombies.

jett

D-Member

Those are for the white walkers, they don't do anything for the wights.

I don't really know how you put down wights in this universe anyway, fire aside.

Flaming swords seem stupid when you have a member of your party who's petrified of fire and when zombie are likely to get be set alight then jump on top of you.

I don't know if this was confirmed in the show, but dragonglass doesn't work on wights, only white walkers. Sam confirmed this in his last chapter of ASoS. They probably do at least have some dagger or something, but steel is better for the zombies.

Those are for the white walkers, they don't do anything for the wights.

I don't really know how you put down wights in this universe anyway, fire aside.
I know that's the case in the books but I thought Jon said it worked against the Wights on the show too. And was that an obsidian dagger they used on the Wightbear?

Top Bottom