• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Shizuka

I bought a thing

5IJvADZ.png

5% cheaper than last sale too!

Now you just have to find the time to play it!

Bluemaxima spotted a Play-Asia listing for an SEA English release of Demon Gaze II for March: http://www.play-asia.com/demon-gaze-ii-english-chinese-subs/13/70asrx

Maybe Sony traded in Moero for this?

Yes please. Demon Gaze is my favorite DRPG of all times, I can't wait for Demon Gaze II.

How come we haven't heard anything about banner saga. my prediction for PSX was that BS would be this years "and you can get it right now" game but that never happened. So, where is it?

Anyone want to sell me on Yomawari? Not a big horror fan but it's on sale and supposed to be pretty good right?

Anyone tried Darkest Dungeon on Vita? How's it play?

I read the UI doesn't translate well from PC and it has some dumb control mappings (back touchpad as buttons ugh) but I haven't played it myself

Anyone want to sell me on Yomawari? Not a big horror fan but it's on sale and supposed to be pretty good right?

I read the UI doesn't translate well from PC and it has some dumb control mappings (back touchpad as buttons ugh) but I haven't played it myself

It plays better than firefly diary. The monster and nightmare designs are actually really creepy/scary when they appear as seen in the trailer. Play with headphones.

I had almost given up on NISA's in house stuff tbh. This really impressed me. I might get another LE for it.

Ennosuke

I guess my question is a little bit off-topic, but since the Vita has so many awesome games it is sort of relevant :)

I am one of those people who survived with a 4GB memory card for about 4 years now. I usually finished a game and once I wanted to play a new one, I was simply deleting it. But this time I want to play a different game, but not delete my save game and instead keep it. (In this case I am talking about the P4G save game of my gf).

As far as I can recall, the save game is not a separate file and instead part of the game. Which means it can't be uploaded to the cloud as a PS+ member?

The only and hopefully safe way to keep the save game, is to use the content manager and transfer P4G to the PC and once my gf wants to continue, I need to transfer it back?

deadfolk

Eew! Might stick to the PC version then. At least that leaves me €9 to spend elsewhere in the psn sale. Thanks!

As far as I can recall, the save game is not a separate file and instead part of the game. Which means it can't be uploaded to the cloud as a PS+ member?

Why do you think this is the case? This is exactly what the PS+ cloud storage is for. Unless it's something specific to P4G which I'm not aware of that you're referring to.

The only and hopefully safe way to keep the save game, is to use the content manager and transfer P4G to the PC and once my gf wants to continue, I need to transfer it back?
If you really want to be sure you have it backed up, I would do this anyway. I do this with all my Vita games as a matter of course. Unfortunately, with the fact that the games and saves are stored together, this adds up to a huge chunk of disk space.

Ennosuke

Why do you think this is the case? This is exactly what the PS+ cloud storage is for. Unless it's something specific to P4G which I'm not aware of that you're referring to.

I wasn't really sure. I thought that probably because game and save are stored together, it would be to much to upload in the cloud. But I guess the Vita is smart enough to upload only the save in the cloud.

Ryan95

Massive PSN sale at the EU store, with good deals for many Vita games aswell:

https://psprices.com/region-de/discounts?sort=date&display=table&platform=PSVita&page=1

German link, just change your region.

I'm pretty torn about ToCSII discount: on one side I want to have it physical (which would cost me 40€ and having to import), but 25€ is a very good price for a game that came out just about a month ago in Europe,and I could save my money for Atelier games when they go on discount or buy some of the many other games I'd like to play.
The choice in the end is beetween physical at full price or digital half the price .......what to do?

deadfolk

I wasn't really sure. I thought that probably because game and save are stored together, it would be to much to upload in the cloud. But I guess the Vita is smart enough to upload only the save in the cloud.

Nah, that's how it works. Just uploads the save.

Edit: Has there been any word of Trails in the Sky 3 (or whatever it's called) releasing in the west? I'm hesitant to start the first one until I know the series will be completed.

Related question: Do the ToCS games carry over saves? Would suck to play the first two on Vita and have to jump to PS4 for the third one if that's the case.

maouvin

Your game bubble is like a folder containing the game, DLCs, patches and savedata. Each one is a different file in that folder. So, PS+ specifically uploads just the save data.
It's just that the Vita OS for some reason treats such "folder" as a single entity when deleting or copying it to and from PC (on PC you can clearly see how the thing is indeed a folder, since you can isolate each part of it).

People always make a big deal about the save transfer, but none of the stuff in the Trails games is worth it anyway. An accessory, a bit of currency and maybe a handful of changed lines of dialogue. I wouldn't stress over it

deadfolk

I dont rememebr if 2nd to 3rd happens but since its on pc, there will be save files and trainers and shit for the bonuses anyway.

People always make a big deal about the save transfer, but none of the stuff in the Trails games is worth it anyway. An accessory, a bit of currency and maybe a handful of changed lines of dialogue. I wouldn't stress over it

The transfer bonuses for SC to 3rd are super minimal and it's a piece of cake to grab saves for the PC versions anyway.

That's good to know. Thanks all.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Ventara

Yay or nay for Sly Collection Vita at $15? It's a used copy, so it's just the first 2 games on the cart (no voucher for the 3rd).

Clive

Yay or nay for Sly Collection Vita at $15? It's a used copy, so it's just the first 2 games on the cart (no voucher for the 3rd).

They're good games and run and look nice on the Vita if that's what you're asking. Feels a bit lame that the third game is missing though and isn't sold separately.

18-Volt

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/akibas-beat-ps-vita-launches-march-16-japan

Akiba's Beat has a release date of March 16th in Japan. Wow, it's actually happening (I'd expect delays, but not a cancellation from Acquire).

Would've bet against that one. Don't expect it to be a good quality port though. Or sell well in Japan, because it's 3 months late and full price.

The game's been localized alongside its development, so we can expect a release around May-June in west.

After that XSEED will once again left with nothing to localize. Other than Senran Kagura Watergun game. I wonder if they would take on a skipped Vita game, Uppers or Net High.

Shizuka

Honestly, it's been the first time in years where I have no clue what XSEED will do for the next year. Maybe they'll surprise us with a new relationship with another developer like Aquaplus, or maybe they'll just bulldoze the market with more PS4 and Steam titles that're likely to underperform.

I wonder if they would take on a skipped Vita game, Uppers or Net High.

Honestly, it's about time to face the facts on this one, they made a business decision to pass on Vita exclusives. I don't care how often Tom or anyone else on their forums say otherwise, it's clear that a decision was made. I find it hard to believe that they were shown either Tokyo Xanadu or Valkyrie Drive and just said "nah", unless they had said no to anymore exclusives. Xseed likes their shelf space, no matter how small it may be. If more and more stores don't want to give them that space, why would they want to release a game where they can't have what they want for it?

Tohsaka

I'm expecting XSEED to localize SG/ZH since the trailer has English subtitles and it's very similar to Onechanbara, which they also localized. Natsuiro High School is another D3-published PS4 game they could bring over but I don't know if that's something they want to do.

RK128

Hello guys!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all! You all have been wonderful friends this year and I cannot thank you enough for helping me get great Vita games over the past two or so years :). Lets continue celebrating the Vita and talking about the handheld in the future.

I have a holiday gift or something to share :p
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/12/2...ystation-vita-ps4-nintendo-wii-u-pc-xbox-one/

My review for Half Genie Hero is up (beat the game hours ago and wanted to put my review up right away) and I think my final score reflects how much I enjoyed the game. It really is one of the series best and I highly recommend this to any fan of action platformers.

I have two reviews coming out tomorrow for LatestVitaGames; VVVVVV and Hue. I hope you guys like them once they go live later in the day!

I'm expecting XSEED to localize SG/ZH since the trailer has English subtitles and it's very similar to Onechanbara, which they also localized. Natsuiro High School is another D3-published PS4 game they could bring over but I don't know if that's something they want to do.

day one. hope thye do an edition similar to onechanbara z2s banana split edition.

Hello guys!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all! You all have been wonderful friends this year and I cannot thank you enough for helping me get great Vita games over the past two or so years :). Lets continue celebrating the Vita and talking about the handheld in the future.

I have a holiday gift or something to share :p
http://3wirel.lostsig.com/2016/12/2...ystation-vita-ps4-nintendo-wii-u-pc-xbox-one/

My review for Half Genie Hero is up (beat the game hours ago and wanted to put my review up right away) and I think my final score reflects how much I enjoyed the game. It really is one of the series best and I highly recommend this to any fan of action platformers.

I have two reviews coming out tomorrow for LatestVitaGames; VVVVVV and Hue. I hope you guys like them once they go live later in the day!

review saved to pocket. happy holidays dude. enjoy them. I Accidentally(i think) ordered MLB 12,13,14 forthe collection. lol. Also got my SD Gundam order in finally.

I'm just making stuff they're potentially working on

I'm fairly convinced we'll get these games in some form

believe

dont think they'd be working on this as 3rd and Ys 8 are happening first and both will be big.

redcrayon

PSN sale in the EU is pretty good for Vita fans. Just picked up Darkest Dungeon for £7 (60% off) and both Grand Kingdom and Shiren have a similar discount, reduced from £30 to £12 too.

I'm kinda balancing it between that and the few things I want from the eshop sale too, but my January gaming is suddenly looking pretty good :)

Jimrpg

Started picking up a few physical Vita games as I want a small but nice collection of around 20 games, but I think I left it a bit too late :(

There's basically no Vita stuff in EB Games and JB Hifi except for Lego games and I had to call around to see if they had copies of the stuff I wanted.

I got

Grand Kingdom
Stranger of Sword City
Everybody's Golf
Muramasa: Rebirth on PSN

I'm pretty torn about ToCSII discount: on one side I want to have it physical (which would cost me 40€ and having to import), but 25€ is a very good price for a game that came out just about a month ago in Europe,and I could save my money for Atelier games when they go on discount or buy some of the many other games I'd like to play.
The choice in the end is beetween physical at full price or digital half the price .......what to do?

Man this has been my dilemma for the past week or so. Most stores (in Aus (and UK)) aren't discounting the physical copies, and when they do the discounts are not as deep as the online store. :(

I think in the end for people like myself on a budget, I will just stick to my budget and buy the games I want to play and allow for some physical and some digital. I just bought Muramasa: Rebirth for AU$8 and the physical was around $30 at most places. Play-asia had it for a daily sale for $24.

On a different topic, I bought Everybody's Golf yesterday preowned for AU$15 (there weren't any NEW copies anywhere left except Play-asia for $40), but I forgot it needed the online pass. Of course the person who had the copy before me, used it already :(. The online pass on PSN? $15 Grrr… The digital version is also $15 (and sometimes discounted to $7). So yeah, if I want to play online I have to fork out another $7. I wish they would patch that online pass thing out considering there are hardly any 'NEW' copies left.

Top Bottom