• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

As usual, this week XSEED is supposed to reveal their E3 lineup by announcing new localizations. What should we expect? Tokyo Xanadu? Valkyrie Drive? Uppers? Ys 8? Or... no Vita games at all?

Marvelous only makes Vita games, it'd be a waste if they didn't localize some. And there's always Steam ports.

I expect Tokyo Xanadu and a selection of Marv games from Net High, VD, Uppers, Fate Extella (which is basically already confirmed). Not all but some. Way too early for Ys 8.

And 1-2 surprises.

Tokyo Xanadu and Net High.

Way too early for Ys.

I really hope both of those get released in English. I also kind of hope we hear something about Uppers before its Japanese release date as I am sorely tempted to import it (enjoyed the demo, and its out around my birthday). Plus Uppers had all those issues earlier in the year with it being delayed/nearly canceled so it leads me to believe it'll either get released in English to try and recoup the costs of developing the game, or not get translated into English as they don't want to spent the extra money on translating it.

cj_iwakura

I want Wizardry port -_-

I want Wizardry 2, period.
tofs.png

I hope Net High and Tokyo Xanadu get announced because I really want those, it's waaaayyyyy too early for Ys 8 but either way I'm gonna get it on PS4, where the framerate hopefully won't be shit.

RK128

As usual, this week XSEED is supposed to reveal their E3 lineup by announcing new localizations. What should we expect? Tokyo Xanadu? Valkyrie Drive? Uppers? Ys 8? Or... no Vita games at all?

We will likely hear that Tokyo Xanadu and Net High are getting localized, in addition to Valkyrie Drive too (XSEED publishes the games from the SK developers, right?).

Ys I don't think we will get an answer on until close to the Anime Expo sometime in July. I mean, Bamco announced Digimon was coming over there, so XSEED could use that place to announce it if they wanted to as well :D.

Very interesting times ahead, as so many great Vita titles are coming over.

Prelude.

Don't take them for granted. They're certainly not confirmed so it's gonna hurt more if they're not getting announced. There's just too much good stuff they could announce so I can't see them delivering on all fronts. I hope I'm wrong, though.

RK128

Don't take them for granted. They're certainly not confirmed so it's gonna hurt more if they're not getting announced. There's just too much good stuff they could announce so I can't see them delivering on all fronts. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Better to expect nothing then expect stuff and not get it is what I always say :). When I make guessing posts, I really don't expect any of them to come true or happen, so if they DO happen, I am happily surprised.

Either way, we will at least hear about one or two games from XSEED before E3 and that will be great :).

18-Volt

That's my biggest fear. They could skip all Vita exclusive stuff and just announce Trails of Azure/Zero for PC and Story of Seasons 2 for 3DS.

Still there have been hints for some Vita stuff; Net High and Valkyrie Drive has English trophy lists and Falcom said they are preparing Tokyo Xanadu for western release. Plus they could always port Marvelous games to steam to increase the audience, so they have nothing to worry about them being Vita exclusive.

Saphirax

That's my biggest fear. They could skip all Vita exclusive stuff and just announce Trails of Azure/Zero for PC and Story of Seasons 2 for 3DS.

Still there have been hints for some Vita stuff; Net High and Valkyrie Drive has English trophy lists and Falcom said they are preparing Tokyo Xanadu for western release. Plus they could always port Marvelous games to steam to increase the audience, so they have nothing to worry about them being Vita exclusive.

XSEED isn't going to announce Azure/Zero before 3rd is out or really close to releasing.

Prelude.

It's more likely they'll announce Net High, Tokyo Xanadu, Uppers, Luminous Arc and Valkyrie Drive in the same day than that.

RIP Luminous Arc

But yeah let's not do all this again, Vita has been doing fine. Also consider that Marv Europe exists and has zero announced games. And they won't be doing Corpse Party 3DS or Cold Steel II

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know who localize what so among the ones you guys named i want uppers, net high and tokyo xanadu, let's not forget caligula, summon night 6, digimon world and utawareruno though.

I want to know more about Killing Bites, i don't like furry girls games, but for some reason i expect something good from it.

Prelude.

I don't know who localize what so among the ones you guys named i want uppers, net high and tokyo xanadu, let's not forget caligula, summon night 6, digimon world and utawareruno though.

I want to know more about Killing Bites, i don't like furry girls games, but for some reason i expect something good from it.

Uppers and Net High would be XSEED since they're Marvelous, Tokyo Xanadu, again, XSEED since Falcom only works with them, Caligula and Utawarerumono probably Atlus since they published FuRyu and Aquaplus stuff, Digimon and SN6 obviously Bamco, unless they want to give the latter to Gaijinworks for a 2025 release.

18-Volt

Some guy on reddit told me that XSEED won't show any Vita exclusive titles at E3. He says he has some insider info but I call bullshit. If they won't announce any Vita exclusive stuff, they won't announce anything at all because there are not any un-localized multiplat Japanese games for XSEED to localize right now.

I don't think Fate/Extella will be there because anything they announce at E3 they usually have it playable on the floor. Fate doesn't have a proper video let alone a demo.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Uppers and Net High would be XSEED since they're Marvelous, Tokyo Xanadu, again, XSEED since Falcom only works with them, Caligula and Utawarerumono probably Atlus since they published FuRyu and Aquaplus stuff, Digimon and SN6 obviously Bamco, unless they want to give the latter to Gaijinworks for a 2025 release.
Thanks for the details!

I'd say such manga/anime games have zero chance of coming to the west unless the title popularity explodes here like SAO
I guess you are right, but all we have is a teaser so i would like to see some screens and gameplay.

BTA

Tokyo Xanadu would be neat to see, otherwise there's not much that's for me that I'd expect from them at the moment.

Net High does seem interesting but the premise of essentially outing private things about people could so easily turn vile, and I'm very worried about how people, including XSEED staff, will react to criticism of that if it happens.

Saphirax

Some guy on reddit told me that XSEED won't show any Vita exclusive titles at E3. He says he has some insider info but I call bullshit. If they won't announce any Vita exclusive stuff, they won't announce anything at all because there are not any un-localized multiplat Japanese games for XSEED to localize right now.

I don't think Fate/Extella will be there because anything they announce at E3 they usually have it playable on the floor. Fate doesn't have a proper video let alone a demo.

"I have reason to doubt"

"you are going to be VERY surprised."

"I WILL say that XSEED "may" not be showing any Vita exclusives at E3"

"I know what they're showing and what they AREN'T showing at E3 specifically"

So does he know or does he not, which one is it? His wording is all over the place.

...that, and there are more than a few multiplats that still need to be localized besides Fate.

Can someone guess at some multiplatform games that XSEED could be doing? I mean games that are already multiplatform.

I'm drawing a complete blank. They could be Kadokawas partner for Root Letter and God Wars I guess.

18-Volt

Maybe the one he's teasing for being announced at the same time as Japan could be Tokyo Xanadu PS4.

He told me "not to get my hopes up" when I mentioned Tokyo Xanadu, though.

Done a little research, it seems this guy is a writer at a site called "TechRaptor". He could be legit (though I don't want him to be).

Prelude.

Maybe the one he's teasing for being announced at the same time as Japan could be Tokyo Xanadu PS4.
It'd be pretty funny to see that happen now that making PS4 games just got even more expensive and resource intensive (since the Neo has graphical requirements devs have to meet) and seeing how they can't even manage to get Ys 8 out.

Prelude.

Also, the thing with Vita and E3 is that nothing will be announced there, "Vita E3 announcements" means "announcements happening in the weeks leading to E3" so even if you know what games will be on the floor or being announced there, it's pretty useless.

I'd expect Valkyrie Drive and Tokyo Xanadu, while probably getting Net High as well. It's too early for Uppers since it isn't even out in Japan and then no one should seriously be expecting Ys 8 to be announced before next year, especially not with the PS4 version being delayed. The PC port of EDF 4.1 is another one as well, which I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been announced already.

It's also laughable to think that they aren't going to announce any Vita exclusives, when they're about the only thing they could work on other than Story of Seasons 2.

With Estival Versus selling as well as it did I'm pretty confident that Valkyrie Drive is coming over. My dream would also be a Tokyo Xanadu announcement. I'll be really bummed if XSEED didn't announce any Vita exclusives, they're one of the only ones left who do.

Fady K

Good day to the Vita fans here, some quick updates for your entertainment ^_^

* Caligula - is getting its own Vita model in Japan when it releases on June 23. You can also check out this new gameplay video.
Caligula-PSV-Models-Ann-JP.jpg

Caligula-Footage_05-20-16.jpg

* Uppers - Two gameplay videos for you guys, here's the first and here's the second. Hits Japan this July.
Uppers-Gameplay_05-16-16.jpg

Uppers-Gameplay_05-23-16.jpg

* Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings & the Prophecy's End - here's the opening animation. The game came out in Japan yesterday. Here's gameplay from the Vita version.
DQH2-OP-Movie-Init.jpg

DQH2-PSV-30-Mins-Gameplay.jpg

* Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics - in case you missed it, this is coming out in English digitally - self published by Spike Chunsoft (!) - their first self published title in fact. Announcement trailer here. It'll be out this summer digitally and it'll be cross buy with the PS4 version.
Mystery-Chronicle-West-Summer.jpg

* Toukiden 2 has been delayed to July 28 in Japan. Demo is out now on the Japanese PSN. New trailer here.
Toukiden-2-Delay-July-28-JP_001.jpg

* Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates - Full length trailer here. - potentially NSFW. Out in Japan on August 4.
2DiB5Y1.jpg

Genkai-Tokki-Seven-Pirates-PV_05-18-16_001.jpg

Genkai-Tokki-Seven-Pirates-PV_05-18-16_004.jpg

* Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - Full length trailer here! Out in Japan on July 21.
Ys-VIII_05-19-16_007.jpg

* Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey - the next game in the Atelier game has been revealed and it'll be hitting the Vita this fall in Japan. Development is 50 percent complete.
kZ9sE0x.jpg

Atelier-Firis-Ann-Init_002.jpg

* Plastic Memories - new visual novel based on an anime hitting Japan this October from publisher 5pb.
Plastic-Memories-Vita_05-24-16_001.jpg

Plastic-Memories-PSV-Init_05-26-16_001.jpg

Plastic-Memories-PSV-Init_05-26-16_003-600x339.jpg

Plastic-Memories-PSV-Init_05-26-16_004-600x339.jpg

* Steins;Gate 0 - coming out in English as you may have heard :D Thanks to PQube! The game will release sometime this year.
Steins-Gate-0-West-2016.jpg

* Yomawari: Night Alone comes out on October 25th in English in NA and on 3 days later in Europe. A limited edition of the game is coming out as well as shown below. Pre-order trailer here!
Yomawari-Dated-West.jpg

Yomawari-Release-Date-Ann_001.jpg

Yomawari-Release-Date-Ann_002-768x325.jpg

* Fate/Extella New teaser. Out in Japan later this year, rumored for an English release from Xseed Games.
Fate-Extella-Teaser-PV_05-27-16.jpg

* Root Letter New trailer from the upcoming adventure game.
Root-Letter-PV4.jpg

* Steamworld Heist is coming out on the Vita on June 7 & 8 in North America and Europe respectively.
steamworldheist_thumb.jpg

* 7’scarlet - an upcoming visual novel hitting Japanese Vitas from the producer of the cult action adventure game Deadly Premonition. Out on July 21 in Japan. Opening movie here.
qhYowwG.png

* Dragon Quest Builders will shockingly hit the Vita in English this October, digitally. Woohoo!
26997683630_ce6e1f1d7e_z.jpg

* 10 Second Ninja X is coming out on July 19th.
7Byn72Jl.jpg

And more VNs coming

zHMq85c.png

Yes! I love how we're getting more and more VNs in English this gen and last gen!! Great trend :)

Shizuka

As do I. I mean it better. I spent $300 on that, which was more like $400 with shipping and the conversion rate. Weren't we supposed to get some beta codes for Steam a while back?

They made a poll if we wanted the first game sooner or the first and second a bit later. Second option won.

Thanks for the update Fady. Nice to see some nice bits announced recently for the Vita, my back log won't be getting any smaller any time soon that's for sure!

Cornbread78

God, I wish we had a chance at getting Plastic Memories in the west, so I can
cry all over again for Isla.

Good emotional anime..

Not surprised about that.
Damn I hate the Lacrima cost for the faction switch, I just want the spears of Sanctuarium :(

I'm only at 2* Pacts though (just reached 10 hrs of gameplay).

Later on you have more Lacrima than you can spend. I wouldn't bother that much with jumping from one faction to the other until much later on, when you gain more Lacrima per completed mission.

Later on you have more Lacrima than you can spend. I wouldn't bother that much with jumping from one faction to the other until much later on, when you gain more Lacrima per completed mission.

How do you even receive Lacrima from completing missions? I only get them from Librom's eye.

How do you even receive Lacrima from completing missions? I only get them from Librom's eye.

You get them from Librom's eyes after you finish missions. The more missions and the harder they are, the more Lacrima you get. When you start completing the 5*+ missions you start getting a LOT more.

Top Bottom