• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Bandai Namco trademarks A.W. Phoenix Festa in Europe
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/06/bandai-namco-trademarks-aw-phoenix-festa-europe#dgCKbuXG8hMC6XSA.99

The trademark is likely the localized title for the PS Vita game The Asterisk War: The Academy City of the Water Houka Kenran, which launched in Japan in January. “A.W.” in this case, would stand for “Asterisk War,” while “Phoenix Festa” is the name of the tournament held by the academy in which the series is set.

I don't know what this is but I think people wanted it?

Shizuka

Particularly in that Kadokawa's having that event specifically timed to happen alongside it.

Completely forgot about that.

I forgot about that, it's finally Demon Gaze 2 time.

YES!

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/06/bandai-namco-trademarks-aw-phoenix-festa-europe#dgCKbuXG8hMC6XSA.99

Acttil or Gaijinworks, most likely.

Saphirax

Cornbread78

Asterisk War is an active simulcast "magical HS battle" Anime series that has a few episodes left to air. It's LN based, so pretty tropey and generic for the most part. With that being said, the battles and special abilities are pretty fun to watch, so I'm hoping that spirit carries over to the game..

Saphirax

Yeah this is what I want from BN most right now.
Not sure when we should start begging for it :p

Hmm yeah. I wonder when/if Acctil will announce their next project.

With the game being trademarked and the "supposed" but fake Asian release, I don't think we'll have to. It's probably going to be a 2017 release though.

I can't, it's too much.

I know the chances of that are practically nonexistent. I wish Kadokawa would do the same with DG2 like they did with Root Letter - announce it's coming west immediately or at least during their show in two weeks so that we don't have to spend months wondering 'what if it doesn't get localized'.

This sounds like physical Vita copy of Shantae though, which would be really sweet and I'll definitely get that.

Yeah Gematsu confirmed that. nice

Dumbest things happened, but I doubt that's all they have.

Only one of those needs to be actually localized, so I asssume they have other things that their employees get to work on. Last year they announced a billion things and unless they fired everyone after that they have to have something :p

Prelude.

Only one of those needs to be actually localized, so I asssume they have other things that their employees get to work on. Last year they announced a billion things and unless they fired everyone after that they have to have something :p
I also want to point out that that's another Touhou game localized that's not Mystery Gensokyo.

I'm quite pleased with Asterisk War. I was gonna import anyway. Though I'd rather they translated something like World Trigger which looked better.

Also, hurry up with the localization announcements XSEED!

Though I'd rather they translated something like World Trigger which looked better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPpIeN8lac

I'm not even sure what to say to that other than that is one of the worst looking games I've ever seen (barring Steam Greenlight and Wii shovelware). I would honestly rather see that thrown in a dumpster fire than see anyone take the time to localize it. I even hate how Asterisk War looks, but even that looks amazing compared to WT.

I feel sorry for the people in the comments saying that game looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPpIeN8lac

I'm not even sure what to say to that other than that is one of the worst looking games I've ever seen (barring Steam Greenlight and Wii shovelware). I would honestly rather see that thrown in a dumpster fire than see anyone take the time to localize it. I even hate how Asterisk War looks, but even that looks amazing compared to WT.

I feel sorry for the people in the comments saying that game looks good.

It's funny, because that's the exact video I watched that made me think it looked good. And I stand by that.

*shrug*. Looks a damn sight better than this at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxRXDGkEAOM&t=480

(But I'll play both, because I'm a sucker for low-budget Japanese stuff).

18-Volt

Namco usually announces stuff at Japan/Anime Expo in July. I expect lots of stuff there, Gundam Breaker 3, SD GGGG, Dragon Ball Fusion, Summon Night 6, Digimon Next Order and apparently this. It's gonna be an awesome day.

I want City Shrouded in Shadows but that seems like a licensing hell. Presence of Evangelion complicates things.

Dumbest things happened, but I doubt that's all they have.

Rumors say that this E3, it's going to be one of "dumbest" things but I don't expect XSEED to leave Vita so early when everybody including SE is jumping to the ship and XSEED was the last one to abandon PSP.

Gvitor

Guys, my Vita won't turn on after 1h30-2h of charging. No orange blinking lights, either, just one short 2-second blink after I plug the charger in. I used it just fine last week and haven't touched it since.

Is it dead? :(

Cornbread78

Guys, my Vita won't turn on after 1h30-2h of charging. No orange blinking lights, either, just one short 2-second blink after I plug the charger in. I used it just fine last week and haven't touched it since.

Is it dead? :(

Uggh, something similar happened to me in the past and it started turning on again,after I charged it overnight.

Gvitor

Uggh, something similar happened to me in the past and it started turning on again,after I charged it overnight.

Oh, glad to know it happened to someone and that it was solved. I'll leave it charging overnight and hope it's alive again in the morning. Thanks, Corn.

Cornbread78

Oh, glad to know it happened to someone and that it was solved. I'll leave it charging overnight and hope it's alive again in the morning. Thanks, Corn.

I'll be crossing my fingers that it works for you as well.

There's also a way to break it out of stasis by holding down the power button for an extended of time, but I don't know exactly how it works.

VLiberty

That's hilarious

Yeah, basically this game was announced for Vita thanks to the PSTV announcement and that since then the PSTV was released in jpn, and worldwide a year later, and then it was pulled from the market, all while the game has yet to be released on any platform

L.O.R.D

this game...THIS GAME...

Cj-xg9YWkAAO7sU.jpg

tumblr_o43rgyA70K1txds01o1_500.jpg

Olengie

I'm still waiting for more announcements from XSEED.

As for A.W Phoenix Festa, I'll buy it if it gets a retail release.

Top Bottom