• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

antibolo

Banned
Just stumbled on this thread for the first time.

That OP feels like it never ends. Crazy. In 2017, no less, many years after Sony abandoned its child.

Although personally I hope that most Vita development will move to the Switch this year. I would really like the Switch to become a worthy spiritual successor to the Vita... (well, both the Vita and the 3DS, really)

Definitely getting Danganronpa V3 on Vita though. Unless Spike Chunsoft announces a Switch port out of nowhere.

jbueno

Subscribing as I just got an actual Vita a couple of days back. Had a PSTV but wasn´t really playing much other than Dariusburst on it.

mollipen

Although personally I hope that most Vita development will move to the Switch this year. I would really like the Switch to become a worthy spiritual successor to the Vita... (well, both the Vita and the 3DS, really)

I really don't want that, because I personally have no interest in getting a Switch anytime soon after how botched ita reveal was in my mind. Of course, the rational side of me knows that the Vita can't live forever, and it's looking like the Switch might be the only one to be around to carry the torch.

So, deep down, I do hope that happens, but I don't want anyone dev-wise abandoning the Vita for the Switch until the Vita truly is dead.

Possibly dumb question:
I havent imported a game in like forever (I think the last was like Fire Pro Wrestling for PS1 thanks to action replay or something allowing the disc switch method without modding). For a game like, lets say Super Robot Wars V, that is coming out in Asian territories with English subtitles. Does that mean that I will be able to understand the menu items, etc? Like I said, this is probably dumb to ask but its been forever.

Possibly dumb question:
I havent imported a game in like forever (I think the last was like Fire Pro Wrestling for PS1 thanks to action replay or something allowing the disc switch method without modding). For a game like, lets say Super Robot Wars V, that is coming out in Asian territories with English subtitles. Does that mean that I will be able to understand the menu items, etc? Like I said, this is probably dumb to ask but its been forever.

"Asian English" in terms of releases like that would imply that the entire game is in English, it's just you should expect it to be more on the "Engrish" side of things (as in do not expect a quality translation).

Hello friends, I really need your help. I tried several times to renew my PS+ subscription and got an error each time until I finally managed to renew it through my Vita.

However, it turns out that the payment went through for all of my attempts and yearly subscriptions quickly adds upp and costs a lot of money.

How do I get a refund for the six years that I can't afford?!

dickroach

I just got a vita today, after having PS+ for like 3 years.
Murasama Rebirth, Wipeout 2048, Limbo, Uncharted, and Patapon 3 downloading now. stoked.

"Asian English" in terms of releases like that would imply that the entire game is in English, it's just you should expect it to be more on the "Engrish" side of things (as in do not expect a quality translation).

So like SAO Hollow Fragment? I think I can deal with that. I mean hell, I bought that game and they basically said "run it through Google Translate, make it worse, and print it."

Thanks for the prompt response! I have heard some good things about the series and I guess the other stuff that company puts out (I guess Project X Zone) so super interested.

t26

Gundam Breaker 3 and G Generation got decent translation. Probably the same level as Digimon Story.

Hello friends, I really need your help. I tried several times to renew my PS+ subscription and got an error each time until I finally managed to renew it through my Vita.

However, it turns out that the payment went through for all of my attempts and yearly subscriptions quickly adds upp and costs a lot of money.

Try contacting PS support, if anyone can help you with this it should be them.

Do people think Musou Stars is coming over? I don't really see why it wouldn't but they haven't said anything yet.

I just got a vita today, after having PS+ for like 3 years.
Murasama Rebirth, Wipeout 2048, Limbo, Uncharted, and Patapon 3 downloading now. stoked.

That's a good starting lineup, enjoy!

Not sure if anyone here can help me, but worth a shot.

I want a copy of Tales of Innocence R, but I'm really not keen on getting the budget re-release version because the covers are horrible.

I ordered a copy from Buygame2 for $52, but they've delayed my order for two weeks so far saying they've got no stock (it was an Asian version I've ordered). They have Japanese copies of the normal cover version for $59, but I'm kinda wary about ordering from them now after being faffed around so much.

Do you guys know any other sites that have it in stock for a decent price? I normally order from Play-Asia because they're reliable but their copies are £64.

I would help if you included a picture of the cover you're looking for. :)

Edit: oh apparently it got a re-release with a yellow border in Japan.

These guys have the Japanese version in stock for ~£56.
https://solarisjapan.com/products/tales-of-innocence-r

Yeah, just the normal cover without the yellow border that you've linked there.

Ooh, they have pre-owned copies too. Cheers, I'll check them out properly when I get home.

Saphirax

Not sure if anyone here can help me, but worth a shot.

I want a copy of Tales of Innocence R, but I'm really not keen on getting the budget re-release version because the covers are horrible.

I ordered a copy from Buygame2 for $52, but they've delayed my order for two weeks so far saying they've got no stock (it was an Asian version I've ordered). They have Japanese copies of the normal cover version for $59, but I'm kinda wary about ordering from them now after being faffed around so much.

Do you guys know any other sites that have it in stock for a decent price? I normally order from Play-Asia because they're reliable but their copies are £64.

If you don't mind used:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/video-games/8943-ps-vita-tales-of-innocence-r.html

3200 yen and no customs.

Takao

Banned
Bk9KaNS.jpg

WmhGT7c.png

Tohsaka

I e-mailed Play-Asia about the English version of Demon Gaze II, and this is what they had to say:

dj6XhRH.jpg

So hopefully this one will actually have English when it releases, unlike Moero Crystal.

Thanks, I might try ordering that tomorrow then (wanna get a refund from BG2 first)

I e-mailed Play-Asia about the English version of Demon Gaze II, and this is what they had to say:

So hopefully this one will actually have English when it releases, unlike Moero Crystal.

Guessing this is one of (or the only) Vita announcements from NISA's press conference in Feb.

I randomly took another look at the retailer leak article on Gematsu and saw this comment:

I don't know if there's a special way to check ShopTo listings that I'm missing or if they just went down, so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems PQube might be releasing a physical version of Rabi-Ribi.

Shizuka

I randomly took another look at the retailer leak article on Gematsu and saw this comment:

I don't know if there's a special way to check ShopTo listings that I'm missing or if they just went down, so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems PQube might be releasing a physical version of Rabi-Ribi.

Wasn't Rabi Ribi confirmed for Limited Run Games? I don't buy it.

Wasn't Rabi Ribi confirmed for Limited Run Games? I don't buy it.

Was it? The original announcement didn't have any information about physical release, though it was accompanied with the Fault Milestone One announcement which was a LRG partnership.

Edit: After digging a bit, you're right. Would be weird, but maybe it's a Europe thing.

Shizuka

Was it? The original announcement didn't have any information about physical release, though it was accompanied with the Fault Milestone One announcement which was a LRG partnership.

I just don't see why Sekai Project would make a partnership with Limited Run Games for every single console game announced so far, except for Rabi Ribi.

Punchline is coming west? nice.

*cough*Coven*cough*

Hey, I'm after a lot of their stuff at the Feb press conference, I'm just trying to keep my expectations low or I must die.

guess what these games have in common:
demon gaze ii, coven, hero must die, shin hayarigami ii, exile election

I was going to say "they're all developed by Nippon Ichi Software!" but then Demon Gaze wasn't, so my joke won't work :(

If you're hinting what I think you are then... I'm struggling to believe it. I also really don't understand the timing of some of NISA's announcements over the past years and a bit, lol. I guess since everything needs a PC port these days it takes more time.

NISA is going to go all out making my dreams come true and Kresnik is going to throw a party? :p

If they picked up all those games it'd be everyone's dreams coming true, lol.

I do wonder how many physical releases would be among those if they were indeed happening, though. I think Ani's hint from a while ago was that Vita games would only get physical going forward if there was no PS4 version (i.e. possibly Coven) or if they were from an IP with an established western fanbase (i.e. possibly Demon Gaze 2).

I hope Hero Must Die falls into one of those categories :)

18-Volt

guess what these games have in common:
demon gaze ii, coven, hero must die, shin hayarigami ii, exile election

Games that never will leave Japan?

I'm pretty sure that this month's event we will see Princess is Money Hungry and Witch & 100 Knights, but I'm also sure they wouldn't skip something like Exile Election. It's going after Dangan's hype and it's also available for PS4.

i-Jest

I'd try to get in contact with Sony's Customer service on Twitter.

Out of nowhere:

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/stranger...oming-north-america-digital-title-february-28

Experience Inc. bringing Stranger of Sword City Revisited to the west on February 28th. No NISA involved for this one.

Oh dear God YZeS. I Hope Europe also gets this. I don't see why they shouldn't.

Saphirax

Give us more drpgs, Exp inc!

Should be noted that they published the X1 version in EU, so I don't see them skipping it.

Top Bottom