• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Jimrpg

Yeah, XSEED choosing PC as their main platform is depressing but what's more depressing is that everyone else also think the same. PC gaming is getting bigger and bigger everyday and it's destroying everything else, handhelds, consoles, tablets and even laptops. I thought PC strategy series would migrate to tablets when they become more common and but that never has happened.

This is kind of ironic, because for the last two years before this, I was always hoping for more PC releases of Japanese games, now that its happening, the Vita is somewhat losing support.

I can only hope there's some sort of mini revival of the Vita in Japan. Strictly speaking about the hardware, there's a lot of life left in the Vita, if gamers choose this thing could last another 3 or 4 years easily. It's cheaper than the Switch, more durable and has more games and more portable as well. I still see the Switch as something that's more like a home console that is taken occasionally outside.

i-Jest

This is kind of ironic, because for the last two years before this, I was always hoping for more PC releases of Japanese games, now that its happening, the Vita is somewhat losing support.

I can only hope there's some sort of mini revival of the Vita in Japan. Strictly speaking about the hardware, there's a lot of life left in the Vita, if gamers choose this thing could last another 3 or 4 years easily. It's cheaper than the Switch, more durable and has more games and more portable as well. I still see the Switch as something that's more like a home console that is taken occasionally outside.

A third chance at life? That would actually require Sony do some heavy lifting for the console. It's first chance at life, the console was ultimately abandoned by Sony. We're seeing the end of its second chance now. A third chance would require Sony marketing and actively developing for Vita. That might lead to re-invigorated interest from publishers and developers.

I'd be all for it, especially if it means a resurgence for handhelds internationally.

Jimrpg

A third chance at life? That would actually require Sony do some heavy lifting for the console. It's first chance at life, the console was ultimately abandoned by Sony. We're seeing the end of its second chance now. A third chance would require Sony marketing and actively developing for Vita. That might lead to re-invigorated interest from publishers and developers.

I'd be all for it, especially if it means a resurgence for handhelds internationally.

I know there's no way back for the Vita, but I guess the reason the PSP went for as long as it did was because it had pretty substantial legs in Japan, and while I want that to happen for the Vita in all likelihood its not going to unless it gets Monster Hunter or its equivalent. A steady amount of games in Japan followed by regular translations would be fine for me. But if things die out in Japan next year, that could really be it.

I'm a believer that most things happen in cycles and we are I suppose in the mobile phase where its absolutely crushing handheld sales. I hope gamers in general turn it around (maybe the Switch could accelerate this), but we could still be a few years away from handhelds being a feasible gaming solution, and Vita could miss the boat entirely. I don't even think we need a Vita 2, the hardware is perfectly fine. (I wouldn't say no to a new handheld though). And by feasible, I mean lively gaming scene, lots of exposure in the media and retail. People won't jump on now, because they're assuming its dead. The problem is they are missing an amazing collection of games.

It's funny the Vita was pretty much the opposite in everyway to mainstream appeal. When phones were iPhone 4 sized, the Vita was this huge monstrosity that people couldn't pocket so that was a negative. People wanted bite sized games, but not PS minis. When Vita got a bunch of indies on the platform, most people played them on PC, admittedly they were much cheaper on PC but still. And when Vita got full console games, people complained that it was the inferior version. In the end when you look at Vita's catalogue, it was amazing!

AniHawk

really for most platforms, five years is pretty good. people thought the 3ds was going to continue to wind down in 2016, but pokemon go happened and sales were steady/slightly up over 2015. the real odd ducks are the gen 7 platforms, which were each anywhere between 6-8 years before they had a replacement, even if some were severely winding down before that. ps2 was unusual like that too. not much else though - especially for systems that sell around 15 million or less. consider that sony abandoned the platform two years in and it's actually kind of a miracle the system was kept alive so long. it was almost in spite of sony's efforts to be honest and i think it was annoying to some of the people there that it continued to exist and that the fanbase was so fervent. and of course, to others who cared about the platform, it was probably endearing. gio's mention of the vita at psx was the first time sony showed it off at a major conference in a while and i think of it as a last hurrah of sorts from the company in a sort of official capacity.

japan isn't going to back the vita either. efforts to sell ps4 games and include the west in their planning are hindered by making games for a sub-ps3 system like the ps vita, which also doesn't have much of an audience outside japan. even the niche game publishers are slowly moving on, including nippon ichi and idea factory. if there's going to be another system aside from pc, it's going to be switch, especially if western reception stays strong past zelda and into the holidays.

the vita could have been better, but sony was the wrong company to support the thing. much like the wii u, there was no vision for the machine and as a result there was no market for it either. from now on just enjoy the stuff that's still coming out for the machine (there are still big games coming out in summer and fall) as it rides off into the sunset.

incpdo

There is an insane amount of random sports games on Vita, all physical releases too.

- F1 2011
- FIFA 13
- FIFA 14
- FIFA 15
- FIFA Football
- Handball 16
- Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge
- Madden NFL 13
- MLB 12: The Show
- MLB 13: The Show
- MLB 14: The Show
- MLB 15: The Show
- MotoGP 13
- MotoGP 14
- MUD FIM Motocross World Championship
- MXGP - The Official Motocross Video game
- Rugby 15
- Rugby World Cup 15
- Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted
- Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
- WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 3
- WRC: FIA World Rally Championship 4
- WRC 5

And I'm not even counting the Dead or Alive games, Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf, Football Manager Classic 2014 or games such as Looney Tunes Galactic Sports or any of the arcade racers.
Shouldn't Lonny Tunes Galactic Sports be added ? i guess it goes with the hot shots golf game Lol
But seriously even Hustle Kings count here , and its a great game

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I finished my latest article - "10 cancelled Vita games that should have happened". Let me know what you think:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/10-cancelled-vita-games-that-should-have-happened/

Yeah, I would've paid good money for a Vita version, I was really bummed when it didn't happen.

Wow great read! i didn't even know about some of those games!
You know i thought it would have hurt to see again so many good games cancelled for vita, but with the GPD Win i have found the peace of mind:
-Bioshock? I can play all the bioshock
-ghost recon? I can play all the ghost recon
-Tales from the borderlands, type 0, hyper light drifter? I can play them
-Nier?... well there's nier automata
-zone of the enders? emulation
-warrior's lair/ruin? There are the diablo games and many other similar games

Too bad no one will ever be able to play chronos materia, ruin and terrorforge...

When i saw the Switch port begging thread my immediate reaction was
Not-This-Shit-Again-anime-28533251-500-281.jpg

Not having to beg, hope or sign petitions because almost everything already is or will be on pc is really too good for someone like me that begged, hoped or signed petitions to get as many games as possible on Vita.

Jimrpg

really for most platforms, five years is pretty good. people thought the 3ds was going to continue to wind down in 2016, but pokemon go happened and sales were steady/slightly up over 2015. the real odd ducks are the gen 7 platforms, which were each anywhere between 6-8 years before they had a replacement, even if some were severely winding down before that. ps2 was unusual like that too. not much else though - especially for systems that sell around 15 million or less. consider that sony abandoned the platform two years in and it's actually kind of a miracle the system was kept alive so long. it was almost in spite of sony's efforts to be honest and i think it was annoying to some of the people there that it continued to exist and that the fanbase was so fervent. and of course, to others who cared about the platform, it was probably endearing. gio's mention of the vita at psx was the first time sony showed it off at a major conference in a while and i think of it as a last hurrah of sorts from the company in a sort of official capacity.

japan isn't going to back the vita either. efforts to sell ps4 games and include the west in their planning are hindered by making games for a sub-ps3 system like the ps vita, which also doesn't have much of an audience outside japan. even the niche game publishers are slowly moving on, including nippon ichi and idea factory. if there's going to be another system aside from pc, it's going to be switch, especially if western reception stays strong past zelda and into the holidays.

the vita could have been better, but sony was the wrong company to support the thing. much like the wii u, there was no vision for the machine and as a result there was no market for it either. from now on just enjoy the stuff that's still coming out for the machine (there are still big games coming out in summer and fall) as it rides off into the sunset.

This post is a little too real and makes me sad.

We can only hope the Switch is a success so that we can get a Vita 2. :)

Ani dropping those harsh truths as usual :(

But yeah. Vita's already having a better 2017 than I thought it would with announcements. To be honest, every year since 2015 has been better than I thought it would've been given the state of the console in the west, so although I bitch and moan about xyz not happening, I should just be grateful with what is coming.

And besides, I can import Hero Must Die ;)

OT: Here's the latest from LRG on Atelier for Vita:

LRG Josh: We’ve been talking to Koei for a while, but the big thing is partnerships with US branches of Japanese companies still have to be approved by the Japanese branch and that stuff all takes a really, really, long time. It’s something we’re still hopeful will happen, but I don’t know when it will happen or how likely it will be. Koei was the first big company to bother discussing things with us, so I really appreciate their dedication to trying to make this happen.

Also, there's hope for more Sekai Project games after the first batch:

LRG Josh: Sekai Project publishes a ton of high-quality Japanese and Eastern Visual Novels. I’m a fan of Visual Novels so being able to partner with a company that has so many great VNs in their library is awesome. We’re currently working with them on Narcissu, World End Economica, Rabi-Ribi, and fault milestone one. We hope to move on to many more after those!

And they're working with a big company on an unannounced title at the moment. No idea if it's for Vita:

LRG Josh: We’ve got something really big in the works that a lot of people will be very excited about – it’s a partnership with a pretty big company. Hopefully it works out! That’s about the best teaser I can provide.

Source

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This post is a little too real and makes me sad.

We can only hope the Switch is a success so that we can get a Vita 2. :)

So Sony can abandon another of its products? No thanks, i don't trust Sony anymore, the only hope for a good handheld from Sony is a switch-like PS5 or a true handheld PS4, a handheld with its own lineup would be abadoned if not successful enough, after the lack of support of Vita i don't think many people would buy another handheld from Sony so it would probably sell even less than Vita.

Games are what matters, not the brand on the handheld, buy Switch, GPD Win or whatever you want, don't wait for a Vita 2, it probably won't happen and Sony doesn't deserve your loyalty anyway.

18-Volt

Sony is currently cashing in on huge success of PS4. But it won't last forever, one day every potential gamer will own a PS4 and Sony will have to come up with new platform. And this is where future trends come into play. If Nintendo successfully convince the people that portability is the future and sell enough Switch to get Sony's attention, we might get next Playstation platform as a successor to Vita.

My personal prediction that PS5 will indeed be a portable. Graphical differences in the future will be minimal and unnoticable, people won't care about if their games look just a tiny bit more realistic. They will want new stuff and if Switch and portability is what people want, I'm pretty sure Sony will be there too.

When? I'd say 2019 at earliest.

Saphirax

Sony is currently cashing in on huge success of PS4. But it won't last forever, one day every potential gamer will own a PS4 and Sony will have to come up with new platform. And this is where future trends come into play. If Nintendo successfully convince the people that portability is the future and sell enough Switch to get Sony's attention, we might get next Playstation platform as a successor to Vita.

My personal prediction that PS5 will indeed be a portable. Graphical differences in the future will be minimal and unnoticable, people won't care about if their games look just a tiny bit more realistic. They will want new stuff and if Switch and portability is what people want, I'm pretty sure Sony will be there too.

When? I'd say 2019 at earliest.

A portable with high end hardware (at least when it comes to consoles) isn't feasible and probably won't be for a long time. The battery life would be atrocious. Even a revision of ps4 as a handheld isn't possible. The technology simply isn't there.

The PS brand has been doing fine as a home console for decades. Why would Sony want to change that? Heck, ps2 sold over 150 mil - a figure ps4 has almost no chance of reaching. When it comes to the western market home consoles dominate. Switch may become successful but its western third party support remains questionable and will probably never rival the support ps4/x1 and pc get.

18-Volt

A portable with high end hardware (at least when it comes to consoles) isn't feasible and probably won't be for a long time. The battery life would be atrocious. Even a revision of ps4 as a handheld isn't possible. The technology simply isn't there.

The PS brand has been doing fine as a home console for decades. Why would Sony want to change that? Heck, ps2 sold over 150 mil - a figure ps4 has almost no chance of reaching. When it comes to the western market home consoles dominate. Switch may become successful but its western third party support remains questionable and will probably never rival the support ps4/x1 and pc get.

Trends. They're changing. Today 4k realistic visuals could mean something but tomorrow they might not. Their next platform has to be something different from PS4, and graphical improvement won't be enough. PS platforms have been extremely successful yes but it's thanks to some games. There is no guarantee GTA or Call of Duty will always be there. Someone could come up and buy out Take Two and make GTA an exclusive game for their platform. PS3 proved that there is no guarantee PS name on home consoles would always mean success, console struggled pretty bad in its first two years.

Recent surfaced patent shows that Sony's still researching in portable area. They might have given up on Vita but they sure are looking for new ideas.

Saphirax

Trends. They're changing. Today 4k realistic visuals could mean something but tomorrow they might not. Their next platform has to be something different from PS4, and graphical improvement won't be enough. PS platforms have been extremely successful yes but it's thanks to some games. There is no guarantee GTA or Call of Duty will always be there. Someone could come up and buy out Take Two and make GTA an exclusive game for their platform. PS3 proved that there is no guarantee PS name on home consoles would always mean success, console struggled pretty bad in its first two years.

Recent surfaced patent shows that Sony's still researching in portable area. They might have given up on Vita but they sure are looking for new ideas.

Their next platform doesn't have to be different. No one would be insane enough to make GTA exclusive. We're talking about a colossal waste of money here. Games like COD, GTA etc aren't going anywhere. Again, it'd be like throwing money down the drain. Your best bet is to hope Sony makes a Vita 2/PSP 2. A handheld with powerful specs is not happening. If you're going to cling to so called trends then Sony should abandon the console market and focus on mobile games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I see what you say and i sort of agree but it's way too early for that, the difference between a less powerful console and a more powerful one is still very evident and it won't change for a long time, even if in 2019 we could get a sony switch with ps4-level power people would be disappointed because ps4pro is more powerful, scorpio and pc would be far beyond and there will always be a lot of people caring about graphics.

18-Volt

I see what you say and i sort of agree but it's way too early for that, the difference between a less powerful console and a more powerful one is still very evident and it won't change for a long time, even if in 2019 we could get a sony switch with ps4-level power people would be disappointed because ps4pro is more powerful, scorpio and pc would be far beyond and there will always be a lot of people caring about graphics.

There is this thing too: More graphical power means less games that are using it. It'll be even more difficult and costlier to make a demanding game. This generation has less games that uses the power than the previous one, and the PS3 gen has less than PS2 gen and so on. As games with modern visuals get fewer, indies and retro style games surge. And it's what exactly happening right now, indies are slowly taking the lead. Future sure looks bright for them. It wouldn't be a dumb move to create platform that caters more to those indie games instead of one or two AAA games.

Nintendo is doing this with Switch. They know indies are the real future instead of annual FPS or GTA games. They bet their money on them instead of acknowledging existence of those "a lot of people caring about graphics". They certainly won't be their audience and if they succeed even without them, you can be sure "power" won't be Sony's main attraction next gen.

Jimrpg

So Sony can abandon another of its products? No thanks, i don't trust Sony anymore, the only hope for a good handheld from Sony is a switch-like PS5 or a true handheld PS4, a handheld with its own lineup would be abadoned if not successful enough, after the lack of support of Vita i don't think many people would buy another handheld from Sony so it would probably sell even less than Vita.

Games are what matters, not the brand on the handheld, buy Switch, GPD Win or whatever you want, don't wait for a Vita 2, it probably won't happen and Sony doesn't deserve your loyalty anyway.

It's not about being a Nintendo or Sony fanboy. But looking at my game library its pretty clear Sony is the winner in terms of software. On the Nintendo hardware, I have Nintendo games that amounts to about 30 games across the systems from Gamecube era and up. I have easily 200 games on Sony systems. For whatever reason Sony gets better third party support and has been doing for quite some time. If the Nintendo Switch gets the same support as PS2/3/4 or a PSP/Vita that would be wonderful. Sony software is also cheaper usually and the hardware is usually pretty good.

mao2

Nasbin

There is this thing too: More graphical power means less games that are using it. It'll be even more difficult and costlier to make a demanding game. This generation has less games that uses the power than the previous one, and the PS3 gen has less than PS2 gen and so on. As games with modern visuals get fewer, indies and retro style games surge. And it's what exactly happening right now, indies are slowly taking the lead. Future sure looks bright for them. It wouldn't be a dumb move to create platform that caters more to those indie games instead of one or two AAA games.

Nintendo is doing this with Switch. They know indies are the real future instead of annual FPS or GTA games. They bet their money on them instead of acknowledging existence of those "a lot of people caring about graphics". They certainly won't be their audience and if they succeed even without them, you can be sure "power" won't be Sony's main attraction next gen.

Well this is completely at odds with reality. Indies are overwhelmingly dwarfed by the output of the big publishers in sales and relevance. For "trends", indies have become increasingly less relevant as the PS4's life cycle has gone on and the need for library padding diminishes.

This just reads like fantasy of something you would like to happen. Let's wait and see if the Switch even finds its niche before declaring portability the future, something the West has never enthusiastically cared about.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I don't see this happening honestly, indies are great and all but betting millions of R&D, marketing etc for a console just for indies? Nah, indies aren't the reason why the ps4 is winning.

It's not about being a Nintendo or Sony fanboy. But looking at my game library its pretty clear Sony is the winner in terms of software. On the Nintendo hardware, I have Nintendo games that amounts to about 30 games across the systems from Gamecube era and up. I have easily 200 games on Sony systems. For whatever reason Sony gets better third party support and has been doing for quite some time. If the Nintendo Switch gets the same support as PS2/3/4 or a PSP/Vita that would be wonderful. Sony software is also cheaper usually and the hardware is usually pretty good.

That's also why i choose Sony over everything else, but one thing is the main console(the home one), that always gets all the efforts, budget, marketing etc, another thing is the secondary console(the handheld one) that at best get games by secondary teams or at worst get abandoned, it's not thanks to Sony that Vita is still alive and has all the games it has.

I love third parties, for some reason Sony(and Nintendo) first party games never appealed to me too much, that's why i have always preferred Sony consoles and for the same reason i preferred the GPD Win over Switch, because i'll get most of the third party games for sure without even port begging, petitions etc.

18-Volt

This just reads like fantasy of something you would like to happen. Let's wait and see if the Switch even finds its niche before declaring portability the future, something the West has never enthusiastically cared about.

Well, if this fantasy doesn't happen, Nintendo will be in huge trouble.

I don't see this happening honestly, indies are great and all but betting millions of R&D, marketing etc for a console just for indies? Nah, indies aren't the reason why the ps4 is winning.

Not "just for", but mostly. Nintendo doesn't care about AAA games and western third party, the console they built is solely for their first party and indies. If it becomes a gigantic seller it would be thanks to indies.

I include "indie-like" games to whole indie thing, stuff like Bravely Default (made by 10 person team), Cladun, I Am Setsuna, Experience games etc. Games that made by small teams with a tiny budget and don't require monster specs.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not "just for", but mostly. Nintendo doesn't care about AAA games and western third party, the console they built is solely for their first party and indies. If it becomes a gigantic seller it would be thanks to indies.

I include "indie-like" games to whole indie thing, stuff like Bravely Default (made by 10 person team), Cladun, I Am Setsuna, Experience games etc. Games that made by small teams with a tiny budget and don't require monster specs.
Wouldn't that be like Vita? It would probably get its niche of hardcore fans but definitively not the public Sony wants.
It's too early to talk about Switch but usually it's not Nintendo that doesn't care about AAA and western third parties but the opposite :p

Powwa

Best thing you can do if you want to play quality handheld games on the go is buying a Nintendo Switch at this point. Sony isn't going to make another handheld, not while Yoshida and House are still in the company.

Well I have been using mine for a week now and it's the closest thing you can get as a Vita successor tbh. Has a nice screen, quite powerful for a handheld, and well it is portable. I'm not quite sure if it'll manage to have the variety of 3rd party titles like Vita, but Zelda alone made me satisfied with the purchase. I'll be mostly playing on my Vita and Switch this year and occasionally PS4 and 3DS if there are releases I like.

I hope to see a new Sony handheld one day though, if they ever manage to support it as it's supposed to be.

mollipen

Best thing you can do if you want to play quality handheld games on the go is buying a Nintendo Switch at this point.

I would say "maybe go buy a Nintendo Switch sometime next year at the earliest". We're still way too early to have any clue what kind of handheld platform it'll end up being—or what kind of platform it'll be period library-wise. Maybe it'll be a 3DS, maybe it'll be a Vita, maybe it'll be a mix of the two, or maybe it'll be another Wii U.

Jimrpg

Best thing you can do if you want to play quality handheld games on the go is buying a Nintendo Switch at this point. Sony isn't going to make another handheld, not while Yoshida and House are still in the company.

Well I have been using mine for a week now and it's the closest thing you can get as a Vita successor tbh. Has a nice screen, quite powerful for a handheld, and well it is portable. I'm not quite sure if it'll manage to have the variety of 3rd party titles like Vita, but Zelda alone made me satisfied with the purchase. I'll be mostly playing on my Vita and Switch this year and occasionally PS4 and 3DS if there are releases I like.

I hope to see a new Sony handheld one day though, if they ever manage to support it as it's supposed to be.

I will get a Switch at some point, but I'm still really enjoying my Vita right now. Switch dying would really mean the end of handhelds for a while.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's still too early to make predictions on the Switch but imo it has the potential of being something similar to what Vita became instead of what Vita should have been.

What do i mean? Vita promised AAA console games on the go(and Sony support), instead ended being an indie+niche games machine(without sony support), we all love Vita and for that reason we sad for the wasted potential.

Switch, like Vita, is a premium console by a big manufacturer, it has many indie games coming and maybe it will get some niche japanese games too(but most of them are coming to pc and ps4) but at the moment there aren't many big third party games announced, the only huge difference with vita is that it will get constant first party support for sure.

I preferred to aim to what Vita should have been, the GPD Win isn't a premium console from a big manufacturer, it's not even a console, it's a mini notebook with integrated gamepad, and won't have first party support for obvious reason, but it's already more than what i ever dreamt of for my Vita.

In a old thread asking what games we would have wanted on a handheld i answered:

(for vita)
Open world rpgs, fallout and might & magic vi in particular
open world games
strategy games, heroes of might & magic 3, xcom and others
managerial games like (good)sim city
space sims
Chaos legion :(
amiga collection :(
Long story short i would play everything on a handheld, but let's say that i would like more "mouse oriented" games on vita.

Well some days ago i could have bought fallout 1 & 2 for 2.5 euro each, fallout 3 and vegas for 5 euro each, a collection of might & magic 1-6 for 3.50 euro, heroes of might & magic 3 complete for 3.5 euro and so on, after all this time i can finally play them on a handheld and what did i buy? NOTHING, because i wasn't sure what to buy since i don't have too much time and i have no intention to just collect games.
I would have killed for one of those games on Vita now i don't know what to choose and can afford to be picky
Oh and obviously all the indies and many niche japanese games are there too.

The GPD Win isn't perfect and has nothing in common with Vita but it's already what i wanted Vita to be.

deadfolk

It's still too early to make predictions on the Switch but imo it has the potential of being something similar to what Vita became instead of what Vita should have been.

What do i mean? Vita promised AAA console games on the go(and Sony support), instead ended being an indie+niche games machine(without sony support), we all love Vita and for that reason we sad for the wasted potential.

Switch, like Vita, is a premium console by a big manufacturer, it has many indie games coming and maybe it will get some niche japanese games too(but most of them are coming to pc and ps4) but at the moment there aren't many big third party games announced, the only huge difference with vita is that it will get constant first party support for sure.

I preferred to aim to what Vita should have been, the GPD Win isn't a premium console from a big manufacturer, it's not even a console, it's a mini notebook with integrated gamepad, and won't have first party support for obvious reason, but it's already more than what i ever dreamt of for my Vita.

In a old thread asking what games we would have wanted on a handheld i answered:

Well some days ago i could have bought fallout 1 & 2 for 2.5 euro each, fallout 3 and vegas for 5 euro each, a collection of might & magic 1-6 for 3.50 euro, heroes of might & magic 3 complete for 3.5 euro and so on, after all this time i can finally play them on a handheld and what did i buy? NOTHING, because i wasn't sure what to buy since i don't have too much time and i have no intention to just collect games.
I would have killed for one of those games on Vita now i don't know what to choose and can afford to be picky
Oh and obviously all the indies and many niche japanese games are there too.

The GPD Win isn't perfect and has nothing in common with Vita but it's already what i wanted Vita to be.

Is the GPD Win suitable for playing anything other than really old or really undemanding games? Genuine question - I know nothing about it, but I'd love something I could play PC games on without needing a big screen.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to play strategy games like Crusader Kings II, Civ 6, etc., but I imagine even the display would be a limiting factor there.

So, I knew something was off about that US blog post, the EU one says something slightly different:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...n-ps4-ps-vita-in-the-deer-god-out-25th-april/

"Certainly this is only the first of many PS Vita games to come from Blowfish"

Now, Blowfish aren't the most interesting studio. They were supposed to bring Gunscape to Vita (a Quake-style FPS) but that fell through, however they're finally now working on Vita, except on someone else's game (Crescent Moon Games).

Crescent Moon are a fairly big mobile publisher and they've worked on some awesome titles including Morphite, which is an awesome looking Metroidvania crossed with No Man's Sky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl_T2QAM12M

So if you want games like that to come to Vita, make sure you buy Deer God.

In other news:

Dying Reborn Vita gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJgK73vErlU

And 'Everything' has trophies up for Vita:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5938-everything

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is the GPD Win suitable for playing anything other than really old or really undemanding games? Genuine question - I know nothing about it, but I'd love something I could play PC games on without needing a big screen.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to play strategy games like Crusader Kings II, Civ 6, etc., but I imagine even the display would be a limiting factor there.

There are many videos on youtube, some recent-ish games
overwatch
tomb raider
Skyrim
Diablo 3
Civilization 6
Rocket League

If you are ok with low settings and around 30 fps you can even play not too demanding new AAA games.

EDIT:

List of games that reddit users tried on GPD Win:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdwin/comments/5a8z2t/games_that_are_a_good_fit_for_the_win_nonemulation/

So, I knew something was off about that US blog post, the EU one says something slightly different:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...n-ps4-ps-vita-in-the-deer-god-out-25th-april/

"Certainly this is only the first of many PS Vita games to come from Blowfish"

Now, Blowfish aren't the most interesting studio. They were supposed to bring Gunscape to Vita (a Quake-style FPS) but that fell through, however they're finally now working on Vita, except on someone else's game (Crescent Moon Games).

Crescent Moon are a fairly big mobile publisher and they've worked on some awesome titles including Morphite, which is an awesome looking Metroidvania crossed with No Man's Sky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl_T2QAM12M

So if you want games like that to come to Vita, make sure you buy Deer God.

In other news:

Dying Reborn Vita gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJgK73vErlU

And 'Everything' has trophies up for Vita:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5938-everything

Dying reborn looks good, too bad it's the only first person horror/adventure on Vita, it seems a good fit for Vita :\

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I have been watching the stock go down on that one, I was curious if it was ever going to go back up.

I think they started with less than 1000... that can't be right.

Shizuka

I have been watching the stock go down on that one, I was curious if it was ever going to go back up.

I think they started with less than 1000... that can't be right.

Maybe it's just the limited edition that's limited to 1000 and they'll sell the standard edition once it's out.

Well shit, it's now or never on Slain then.

I... dunno. Heard not so great things about the game and not so great things about the port, but I don't want another Retro City Rampage situation where I passed on the physical release then decided I wanted it later. Ugh.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Maybe it's just the limited edition that's limited to 1000 and they'll sell the standard edition once it's out.

That's true.

Though I just checked on Slain and now the quantity in the source jumped to 571.
So... I don't know what their game plan is with that 'tease'.

And adding that amount to the cart is the max otherwise you get an insufficient quantity message.

Shizuka

That's true.

Though I just checked on Slain and now the quantity in the source jumped to 571.
So... I don't know what their game plan is with that 'tease'.

And adding that amount to the cart is the max otherwise you get an insufficient quantity message.

They just said that the first batch's sold out, I'm confused.

Lol. Well they duped me into placing an order on that last blast, good job :p

Worst of all they said there might be a standard edition later. I'm just going to end up throwing away the extra crap from this release. But oh well. I'll learn for next time.

Same here. I don't necessarily need a Signature Edition of Uncanny Valley.

i-Jest

Booked time off for Ray Gigant orders on the 17th. Am excited to death. With Cosmic Star Heroine around the corner, my April's gonna be amazing.

Top Bottom