• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Shizuka

Don't expect anything from Sekai Project besides promises. It'll be a miracle if they ever release the promised Vita ports even if you take the LRG partnership into account

They had a lot to say during last year's E3, but nothing this year. That should say something regarding their Vita and PS4 plans.

Don't expect anything from Sekai Project besides promises. It'll be a miracle if they ever release the promised Vita ports even if you take the LRG partnership into account
How many of them have they taken money for? I backed Root Double. I'm a patient individual, but they damn better deliver eventually or I want a refund.

https://twitter.com/LucBernard/status/875411390734909441

DCYV-afUQAANs_H.jpg

Mecho Tales. Will be 60fps.

Olengie

How many of them have they taken money for? I backed Root Double. I'm a patient individual, but they damn better deliver eventually or I want a refund.

Like 3 or 4. Maybe more

All they say is. "We're working on it." And then they announce a few more Kickstarters. Honestly, my opinion of them is rather low after they did this. They mentioned console news after GDC but that never happened.

Muv Luv will probably come first at this point

mollipen

Wait, what. I'm reading that answer they gave Mollipen completely different to the rest of you.

Let me try to clarify my wording to better explain what I was told, but also be clear here that I had no concept of this side of Mark Skelter until I was looking at it at E3—so this is simply what I understood was being told to me.

In Japan, I guess sections of the VN stuff had to be obtained (codes or something?) through various means outside of the game. On the NA side, however, my understanding was the complete set of pages would be there without further outside effort. It could be the case that you have to do something in-game to unlock them, but my take-away was that whatever the extra effort fans had to take to get those pages in Japan wouldn't need to be taken for our version.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
So just straight-up -nobody- asked IGA about Bloodstained Vita at E3...?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This year i didn't follow the e3 at all, just some threads here in gaf for few big games.
Did Vita get anything?

Aokage

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/16/ys-viii-will-extra-content-ps4-ps-vita-localized-versions/

Siliconera are reporting that the localized version of Ys VIII on Vita will have the same extra content that the PS4 version got.

I'm really struggling to believe it, but the article's there!

This would be very, very surprising to me...but...maybe? Ouch for US/EU versions of Tokyo Xanadu if it's true.

It would also completely remove incentive to buy both versions... I dunno.

This would be very, very surprising to me...but...maybe? Ouch for US/EU versions of Tokyo Xanadu if it's true.

That's why I'm struggling with it. Falcom seem done with Vita in japan and didn't update Tokyo Xanadu, so I don't see why they'd do it with Ys.

That said, the extra content in Ys seems less substantial than Xanadu? So who knows.

Aokage

That's why I'm struggling with it. Falcom seem done with Vita in japan and didn't update Tokyo Xanadu, so I don't see why they'd do it with Ys.

That said, the extra content in Ys seems less substantial than Xanadu? So who knows.

It is less substantial than Tokyo Xanadu/EX+, but the cool thing was the frankly brilliant DLC scheme to get folks who had previously bought the Vita version to double dip on PS4. I'd be amazed if they got rid of that...it worked on me!

Nisa themselves confirmed in their stream that the Vita version would not be getting the extra features.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that sounded outlandish.

Any more impressions about God Wars?

Not much, just did a few matches. Performance isn't that great based on that. A few hitches and slowdown here and there, slow menus. I think it should be smoother. For a SRPG it's still fine, but it distracts me a bit. Could need further polish.

Gameplay seems fun, though.

Saphirax

Not much, just did a few matches. Performance isn't that great based on that. A few hitches and slowdown here and there, slow menus. I think it should be smoother. For a SRPG it's still fine, but it distracts me a bit. Could need further polish.

That's a bummer, the game doesn't look that demanding. As long as the gameplay is good, performance issues don't bother me that much though.

autoduelist

Ha, I wish!

I'm horrible at giving impressions, but let me try:

SNIppppp

I haven't had all that much time to play yet (I'm on the fourth map), so I can't comment too
So, yeah. I really like the games's aesthetics, and I'm having fun with the gameplay and the story so far. I'd say that if you like Strategy RPGs, you'll like this one. I don't see why you wouldn't.

Thanks for the impressions! I was already sold, but now I'm doubly so. I don't mind the long pre-load time since I never turn off my vita... once that game boots once, it'll most likely be running 'til platinum.

Excited to get it.

I was playing digimon, and expected to really enjoy it, but it's just not 'clicking' for some reason. it should be... the gameplay is solid, story is fine, graphics wayyyy better than i expected... I think it's because you 'scan' enemies, and so i find myself running in circles trying to maximize scan instead of pushing forward in the game. Rogue Galaxy burnt me out for a similar reason [hunter badges, but same effect].

Aokage

mbOg1F.jpg

Yeah baby!

Not even sure why I bought this, but probably because it'll be one of the rare Vita games featuring an "18" XD

i-Jest

This is kind of a strange question but here goes. I'm on the NISA website and I'm thinking about buying something. If I wanted to know the exact number of the item they have in stock, then I'd gave to play around with the quantity of the item in the cart right?

Shizuka

This is kind of a strange question but here goes. I'm on the NISA website and I'm thinking about buying something. If I wanted to know the exact number of the item they have in stock, then I'd gave to play around with the quantity of the item in the cart right?

It doesn't work like that, unfortunately.

Aokage

Oh hey, easily missed, but Matt Conn of MidBoss showed off 2064: Read Only Memories running on a retail Vita (it was blue) briefly this evening as the GaymerX East Kickstarter livestream was winding down.

redcrayon

Im waiting for my copy right now, hopefully my postie won't lose it...

Olengie

My Primary 8 gb Memory Card died. No matter what I could do, it would not let my Vita read my Carts or Downloaded Games. There goes my saves. But at least I uploaded most of them to the cloud

However, I apparently did not upload my Odinsphere Save. So there goes 8 hours. ><

At least I have a second Memory Card that I was using for the Vita TV.

Saphirax

Less than two weeks to go until AX!

Some interesting tidbits:

The Aksys Games Panel
Live Programming 3
After two years of pre-planned panels, earnest rehearsals and "professionalism", the driver-less Aksys Hype Train is back in all its chaotic glory! Expect pointless stress and exhaustion-fueled ramblings, soul-crushing puns, and announcements. Lots and lots of announcements. Please don't feed the panelists.

Over Twenty-five, dood. This is the amount of titles we will finish publishing by the end of 2017. In this panel, NISA's marketing team discusses the evolution of NISA and the variety games NISA has published in the past. With key titles like Birthdays the Beginning, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA, what other surprises does NIS America have in store

TOTALLY NON-SPOILER EVERYONE HAS ALREADY PROBABLY GUESSED:

Keika Hanada isn't going to AX solely to appear on a panel ;3

i-Jest

Okay. I'm making preparations to get a second Vita to run fan translation patches. Where do you guys go for updates on fans translations for Vita?

Top Bottom