• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

mollipen

So just to recap, North American announcements coming out of Anime Expo '17:

• Demon Gaze II
  • Penny-Pinching Princess
  • Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
  • Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk
  • 7'scarlet
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]
  • Drive Girls
  • Coven Labyrinth of Refrain

Saphirax

Looks like Coven Labyrinth of Refrain is coming in 2018

WAT

Edit:

So just to recap, North American announcements coming out of Anime Expo '17:

• Demon Gaze II
  • Penny-Pinching Princess
  • Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
  • Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk
  • 7’scarlet
  • Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~
  • Drive Girls
  • Coven Labyrinth of Refrain

Under Night as well.

Also Bouquet of Rainbows is for ps4. The vita FD is called Future Blessings and was announced a year ago.

First off... YAYYYYY DEMON GAZE II. That was the physical game Ani was talking about right? Will there be a standard edition or is it LE only?

Down for Coven if it is indeed happening although not convinced yet.

May be down for Penny-Punching Princess. Unsure at the moment. Pass on Longest Five Minutes.

As a side bar, I feel like NISA's porting efforts are all over the place at the moment. So... the two indie-esque games are going to Switch, except one is also going to PC as well. Then Demon Gaze II is going to PS4... but not PC? o_O

Saphirax

First off... YAYYYYY DEMON GAZE II. That was the physical game Ani was talking about right? Will there be a standard edition or is it LE only?

May be down for Penny-Punching Princess. Unsure at the moment. Pass on Longest Five Minutes.

As a side bar, I feel like NISA's porting efforts are all over the place at the moment. So... the two indie-esque games are going to Switch, except one is also going to PC as well. Then Demon Gaze II is going to PS4... but not PC? o_O

They took the Coven article down. Although, I still find it weird how the article mentioned the name change for the west.

I guess it's finally time to cave and import Hero Must Die ;)

Gonna wait and see if a SE gets put up for Demon Gaze, if not, guess I'm buying the LE.

Tonton

Tbf longest 5 minutes is an old announcement when they were going all in on PC
If you check Steamspy most of their stuff is sub 10k, 5k sold there so I wouldn't be surprised if they moved away a bit from PC
What is weird is how Demon gaze got a PS4 port rather than a Switch one like the other games

If you check Steamspy most of their stuff is sub 10k, 5k sold there so I wouldn't be surprised if they moved away a bit from PC
What is weird is how Demon gaze got a PS4 port rather than a Switch one like the other games

I'm guessing Demon Gaze is because Exp. Inc can do it themselves and they seem to be moving over to PS4 in Japan anyway, but yeah.

By the way, I wouldn't expect NISA to bail on Steam any time soon. But maybe they're slowing down.

What a bummer regarding Coven. Time to import the japanese version like Hero must die.

No Witch 2 for PS4 is also surprising, but maybe later.

What a bummer regarding Coven. Time to import the japanese version like Hero must die.

No Witch 2 for PS4 is also surprising, but maybe later.

Coven will come, just be patient. I have faith :p

Join me in importing Hero Must Die though! It's £20 on Play-Asia at the moment! (Although I'm hoping it stays that price for 16 days until payday so I can buy it, haha).

Didn't even notice Witch 2 wasn't announced, how weird. Maybe they're delaying it to add a Switch port except it'll take even longer because it's not an indie-looking game :p

oldmario

LE for Tokyo Tattoo Girls
http://store.nisamerica.com/tokyo-tattoo-girls-limited-edition-ps-vita

Penny Pinching Princess and Longest Five Minutes will get Switch physical. No Vita.

have they said anything about this even coming to Europe yet? usually they announce US/EU releases but with this it was only US for some strange reason

it's probably too lewd for nintendo to allow it on switch over here

t26

I am guessing Tsuihou Senkyo is not coming either. Going to have to import that and Majo to Hyakkihei 2

redcrayon

So Demon Gaze II is directly up against Etrian Odyssey V this Autumn then. Glad we're getting it, I quite liked the demon summon/bind mechanics and the loot, interesting twists on their usual formula.

It's really interesting that NISA have found a way to continue to bring Vita games to the west even at this late stage in the game.

Even though the massive Vita fan in me is a bit disappointed that all the good games are migrating elsewhere too (where I'm sure they'll be loved, but still), I understand that the Vita's market is probably quite poor at this point due to Sony dropping support complete in 2014 and even the handheld is probably discontinued in the west at this point.

But by porting to other platforms, they can bring these Vita exclusives to the west still, which in the end is all that matters to me. Physical is a bonus for stuff like Demon Gaze.

It makes me lament what happened with XSEED, where clearly they couldn't organize the logistics of porting and just gave up altogether, which left games like Luminous Arc; Net High & Uppers in Japan. A real shame.

I am guessing Tsuihou Senkyo is not coming either. Going to have to import that and Majo to Hyakkihei 2

Oh yeah, that's a thing I keep forgetting about. Would've bought that.

Top Bottom