• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Jimrpg

A couple exceptionally deep cuts just arrived from Europe.

Awesome GAFfer who helped me snag the Rayman double pack, you know who you are! Many thanks.

The Rayman double pack is extremely hard to find now.

I had to make do with getting just Rayman Legends on Vita (there is some origins content in there anyway).

I also got Rayman Origins on 3DS anyway, so it'll be fun to compare the two.

18-Volt

From Aksys?
Their panel should be in less than 2 hours.

I don't think there is a potential Vita localization left for Aksys. I can't think of any.

Maybe we could see The Lost Child localization today but it'll probably come from NISA, they do all Kadokawa games.

I don't think there is a potential Vita localization left for Aksys. I can't think of any.

Maybe we could see The Lost Child localization today but it'll probably come from NISA, they do all Kadokawa games.

There are a shit tonne of otome games that could be localized by Aksys.

(Although as much as I would enjoy some of them, I hope they pick up one of the missing JRPG's or action RPG's or something).

Holy shit, Aksys quadrupling down on otome. They really have some great otome cheerleaders in their team.

Psychedlica is so amazing for me. Really thought that one wasn't coming (haven't followed anything on the second one though)

Saphirax

Holy shit, Aksys quadrupling down on otome. They really have some great otome cheerleaders in their team.

Psychedlica is so amazing for me. Really thought that one wasn't coming (haven't followed anything on the second one though)

Second one is just as good as the first one! Also has a badass heroine.

Ventara

Can someone list the worthy released and upcoming otome games? I've never really been interested in them, but there are so many I can't help but feel like I'm missing out.

Saphirax

Can someone list the worthy released and upcoming otome games? I've never really been interested in them, but there are so many I can't help but feel like I'm missing out.

Depends on what you like:

Code:Realize is amazing and set in steampunk London. Has amazing characters and a kickass heroine.

Collar x Malice is coming out at the end of the month and is also extremely good. Modern setting revolving around solving crimes with a heroine that has a bomb strapped around her neck.

Hakuoki - game is split into two parts, with the second one coming out in 2018 (most likely). Set in Feudal Japan, extremely long, has twelve routes and is low on romance.

Sweet Fuse - psp game, short and entertaining romp, has Danganronpa vibes.

Code:Realize is amazing and set in steampunk London. Has amazing characters and a kickass heroine.
Is it "better" than Amnesia? Because even though I'm pretty far from the target audience, I tried that one since it was a PS Plus freebie and I was sick and needed something relaxing to play.

While some of the routes where mildly engaging, and I could look past that one of the characters looked like an elf about to audition for the Village People, it felt insanely padded with the damn spirit blathering on constantly about everything while the lead herself had the personality of a Bethesda RPG main character.

Is it "better" than Amnesia? Because even though I'm pretty far from the target audience, I tried that one since it was PS Plus freebie and I was sick and needed something relaxing to play.

While some of the routes where mildly engaging, and I could look past that one of the characters looked like an elf about to audition for the Village People, it felt insanely padded with the damn spirit blathering on constantly about everything while the lead herself had the personality of a Bethesda RPG main character.

You've ruined Amnesia for me and now my sides are going into orbit.

Saphirax

Is it "better" than Amnesia? Because even though I'm pretty far from the target audience, I tried that one since it was a PS Plus freebie and I was sick and needed something relaxing to play.

Kent is the only thing good about Amnesia. C:R is ten million times better. Better story, better characters, better heroine (has an actual personality).

Kent is the only thing good about Amnesia. C:R is ten million times better. Better story, better characters, better heroine (has an actual personality).

Kent was the first route I played. The other routes were a decline in quality to the point that I never fully finished it. Loved that first route though.

Saphirax

Kent was the first route I played. The other routes were a decline in quality to the point that I never fully finished it. Loved that first route though.

Pretty much. The fact that you also have to choose which route to start at the beginning is a pretty big negative.

mollipen

Since I don't see it mentioned yet, the game I was referring to is Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory. Coming to both PS4 and Vita over here.

Edit: MAYBE I'M A MORON AND THIS WAS ALREADY KNOWN. Looking again, I guess the embargo might have been for the new video, not the game announcement. I seriously can't keep up with that Digimon stuff.

Jimrpg

I just preordered Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth, though I haven't started Mask of Deception yet, I'm hoping its good, I know I want to play through both anyway regardless. I've just started the anime and its fun.

Now what am I going to do with the Pillowcase? Would prefer a T-Shirt like in FFXII HD.

Shizuka

I just preordered Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth, though I haven't started Mask of Deception yet, I'm hoping its good, I know I want to play through both anyway regardless. I've just started the anime and its fun.

Now what am I going to do with the Pillowcase? Would prefer a T-Shirt like in FFXII HD.

I hope you're referring to the first anime and not the anime adaptation of Mast of Deception. There's one little tidbit that's important for Mask of Deception that the first anime doesn't mention that happened during the first game, I suggest asking us again what it is once you finish the anime.

Shizuka

img_0958iezha.jpg

Is Danganronpa V3 bigger than the Trails in the Sky games?

Jimrpg

I hope you're referring to the first anime and not the anime adaptation of Mast of Deception. There's one little tidbit that's important for Mask of Deception that the first anime doesn't mention that happened during the first game, I suggest asking us again what it is once you finish the anime.

I'm watching the 2006 Utawarerumono anime, not the 2015 one. Up to Episode 5 now.

When you say 'first' game - are you referring to the old VN/eroge game.

Shizuka

I'm watching the 2006 Utawarerumono anime, not the 2015 one. Up to Episode 5 now.

When you say 'first' game - are you referring to the old VN/eroge game.

Yes. The anime you're watching adapts everything but a very important detail from the first game.

Jimrpg

Yes. The anime you're watching adapts everything but a very important detail from the first game.

Gotcha.

I'm 7 hours into Steins;Gate 0. Watching the Utawarerumono anime in between so probably a couple of weeks before I start Mask of Deception.

Saphirax

are all these games being mentioned VNs?

Also... any chance of Xanadu Next coming to vita?

Yes.

Low chances. It'd only happen if another company wanted to port the game over, just like what happened with Ys Origins. However, unlike Ys, Xanadu doesn't have the same name recognition.

AniHawk

nisa has six panels at the show. the last one is at the very end of the show on the last day.

expect vita, but don't expect much from vita.

You've ruined Amnesia for me and now my sides are going into orbit.
Well, I'm glad something positive came out of this!

That's interesting to hear, the Kent route was the one that was least dull to me as well. Well, the Toma route certainly made me feel things, though probably not what the writers intended. And I'm still holding out hope for the Ukyo one whenever I get around to finishing it, since his random
murder
endings were real highlights in the other routes.

Top Bottom