• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

sibarraz

Banned
The game was developed with the PlayStation Vita in mind and the story itself won't feel incomplete. Additional content is always nice, but it's stuff added after the game was complete and not content that was cut from the game originally.

But what kind of content is?

Jimrpg

Gamestop is currently giving $100 for Vitas, considering trading in my old OLED model. I never use it since I have a blue Slim. Think it's worth it, or am I gonna regret giving up the OLED down the line? I also own a PSTV if that helps.

I don't think so. I'm doing the same now, and already bought the Slim and selling the OLED.

Toadthemushroom gave a good analysis of the LCD in the Slim vs OLED. Spoiler
LCD wins

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=195459527&postcount=186

I can't. I need a break from Dungeon Travelers already. The grind to beat bosses is killing me, lol.

Sounds about right. I'm looking forward to Friday.

It's funny how that Nov. date is out there on multiple sites, but I have yet to see anywhere where it is listed..

How far are you in Dungeon Travelers (2 i'm assuming?), I had to stop because it was getting progressively more difficult to min/max my characters. I'm on chapter 7 and needed to take a break. Amazing game, but it gets a bit grindy.

So Aksys is confirmed to be announcing stuff this Saturday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aksys_June/status/879835860371333120

Cool. As much as I would be happy with otome (Psychedelica please!), I hope they pick up one of the straggler JRPG's for Vita or something.

Or Ukiyo no Roushi. Still waiting for that one.

nope! however there will be new vita stuffs.

but not 👏 coven 👏 never 👏 coven

It's Hero Must Die's time to shine!

Maybe Exile Election?

The Lost Child and maaaybe DG2 if we're lucky. I'm also assuming they'll bring over The Silver Case's sequel for ps4. Although it may be too soon for that.

The Lost Child is a good shout. I've given up hope on Demon Gaze 2, although maybe with Babel finally out it's happening?

I don't think so. I'm doing the same now, and already bought the Slim and selling the OLED.

Toadthemushroom gave a good analysis of the LCD in the Slim vs OLED. Spoiler
LCD wins

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=195459527&postcount=186.

Thanks for remembering this!

I'd definitely recommend the 2000 model on battery life alone if you're going to be playing less visually intensive games. After three hours of Utawarerumono 2 yesterday and today, my battery life indicator has only just moved from showing full. And my Vita-2000 has three years old so some battery degradation has happened. The battery life is better for all games, but it's markedly better when playing less visually intensive titles like Danganronpa, Woah Dave etc.

I was planning on getting a Slim Vita to replace my OLED because the battery is beginning to go (and I can't find a good silicone case for it anywhere), then I remembered I'd lose access to my PS Mobile games.

Noooo. Guess that's that plan out the window then. At least I can replace the battery I guess.

Btw, not sure anyone is interested in this stuff, but Tekken 1; Tekken 2 and Ridge Racer (PSP) have been removed from EU PSN. You can still get Tekken 1 from the Namco Heritage Bundle:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ndle/cid=EP0700-NPEF00200_00-GNAMCOHERI000001

But otherwise this looks like more digital games being lost. Bummer.

I noticed the Rengoku (PSP) games are gone as well.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Is it possible to still do the ps3/ps vita transfer of games that I can't buy on vita?

i.e Metal Gear Solid, Blood Omen?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I asked Funbox Media via email and they said Top Trumps Turbo will be released physically on July 21st.
I know no one cares, but I'm getting one. ;)

Thanks to Aksys' incompetence, I'm at a loss as to what to do about Xanadu. I could:

A) Wait for the EU release (not happening)
B) Import US physical and wait for it to arrive by which time it'll be out in EU potentially
C) Reformat one of my memory cards to my US account (hassle, and I want the thing physically)
D) Buy Valkyria Revolution on Friday instead (is this really what you want, Aksys)

Cheers for these marvelous options, Aksys.

Saphirax

Thanks to Aksys' incompetence, I'm at a loss as to what to do about Xanadu. I could:

A) Wait for the EU release (not happening)
B) Import US physical and wait for it to arrive by which time it'll be out in EU potentially
C) Reformat one of my memory cards to my US account (hassle, and I want the thing physically)
D) Buy Valkyria Revolution on Friday instead (is this really what you want, Aksys)

Cheers for these marvelous options, Aksys.

If the PS blog is to be believed, the digital version should still come out this Friday.

If the PS blog is to be believed, the digital version should still come out this Friday.

It was my hope that there's a small chance this could happen. I'd double dip physical down the line, just please give EU the game on Friday.

I wonder how large the file size is, mind.

Shizuka

But what kind of content is?

Additional benefits of the eX+ version:

-Full HD at 60 Frames Per Second
In addition to full high-definition graphics, the PlayStation 4 version of Tokyo Xanadu runs at 60 frames per second. The battles that unfold in the Other World dungeons are even smoother and more dynamic, and the grand event scenes depicted with Kou and company at its center are even more elaborate and vivid.
-New Scenarios! Side Stories and After Story Added
-With the exception of protagonist Kou, Side Stories from the point of view of the other “Qualified” high school students have been added. Enjoy the tales of the Qualified students that weren’t depicted in the main story as all new stories.
-Additionally, a new, large-volume “After Story,” available after the main story is cleared, has also been added. It is set in October 2015, when Morimiya City is flourishing with -Halloween-related events. But then a mysterious “Black Fox Mask Boy” appears before Kou and company…
-New Playable Character: “White Shroud”
Play as White Shroud, a knight with an unidentified seal who belongs the “Holy Spirit Church,” a third power that has a different standpoint from the “Nemesis,” which Asuka belongs to, and “Zodiac,” which Mitsuki belongs to.
In addition to his heightened parameters, he triumphs in all skill types, including shooting, flight, and strength skills.
In the PS Vita version, the attack attributes of “Fire,” “Spirit,” “Wind,” “Steel,” and “Shadow” appeared. White Shroud belongs to his own exclusive attribute of “Light,” which is strong against every other attribute except Shadow.
-New Modes: “Time Attack” and “Boss Rush”
In the new “Time Attack” mode, the goal is defeat the various bosses (Elder Greeds) that appear in the main story as quickly as possible. In the new “Boss Rush” mode, you can battle each boss one after the other.
-Tons of New Greeds and Dungeons, New Difficulty Mode
-Joining the new Side Stories and After Story are new dungeons in the Other World, and new types of Greeds (monsters) and Elder Greeds (large bosses) to battle.
-With the addition of a new “Calamity” difficulty mode, there are also now a total of five difficulty modes available to players: “Beginner,” “Normal,” “Advanced,” “Elite,” and “Calamity.”

Just bought a metal cover for my OLED Vita. I have a silicone cover on it at the moment but it's distorted all out of shape and it's beginning to annoy me now. Hope this one is nice and my console can live out the rest of its life in it :p

Cornbread78

I How far are you in Dungeon Travelers (2 i'm assuming?), I had to stop because it was getting progressively more difficult to min/max my characters. I'm on chapter 7 and needed to take a break. Amazing game, but it gets a bit grindy.

I'm in chapter 4. It's just annoying that you can easily beat everything in a dungeon, but once you get to the boss, it's like an instant party wipe....

PS+ games for July 2017

Don’t Die Mr Robot
Element4l

Any of you guys have impressions of these?

PS3 getting Tokyo Jungle makes me so sad the Vita never got a port :( At least I bought Tokyo Jungle Mobile whilst I could.

Just bought a metal cover for my OLED Vita. I have a silicone cover on it at the moment but it's distorted all out of shape and it's beginning to annoy me now. Hope this one is nice and my console can live out the rest of its life in it :p

The rest of its life? Your Vita is gonna live forever, bro. ;-)

Faustek

Hi, long time no see. Awesome thread as usual <3

Disappointing to see that the question about Tokyo Xanadu still doesn't have an answer. Aksys really don't know how to open their mouths.

I feel like there was a stealth game announcement in there. In the part where they're interviewing Wolfgame:

"We're also doing Vita versions of Factotum 90 by Tom Hopper and One Night Stand by Kinmoku," says Wozniak.

The latter one wasn't known, right? I believe it's this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/549860/One_Night_Stand/

Jimrpg

Thanks for remembering this!

That post is always in the back of my mind anytime somebody asks the difference between the two, it should be stickied somewhere because its actually hard to find. And after getting my own Slim, I totally love it. I love that's its lighter and the console feels so great in the hand. The OLED feels more like a past era of Sony where they went for glossy blacks like the fat PS3 and is chunkier in general. Will be getting another Slim sometime down the line as a backup. I feel like they're going to be hard to come by after this year.

I'm in chapter 4. It's just annoying that you can easily beat everything in a dungeon, but once you get to the boss, it's like an instant party wipe....

Yes the bosses in DT2 have huge difficulty spikes, but further in the game, the regular enemies are no slouches either and sometimes I forget to save which is a real bitch and lose progress.

It's time to play with the setup of your party if you're finding the bosses a bit difficult, I don't remember if you can have all five party members by Chapter 4, but the group I have is two fighters, two magic users and one maid. Don't be afraid to buy stacks of food/healing items, as they don't have any casting time versus healing from the mages.

Also if you're finding it hard in chapter 4, oh man i hate to tell you, it just keeps getting harder. It's not impossible, but I'm finding that i have to really optimize everything, weapons, armour, stats, skills. And if you level up incorrectly, it becomes a real grind because you need more experience but its takes longer and longer to get the experience points, so you really have to have some sort of plan on how you're going to level up your characters.

I've taken a break now as well, at least until i get a vita with my AU account back so I can continue my game, but yeah its a hard game! I really hope I can finish it one day - would be nice if there was a proper FAQ with boss walkthrough giving tips, going into every boss fight blind is kind of demoralising when they completely destroy you first time. I also wish there was a OT here, the game has some questionable sexual content but they might make up 1% of the game at most. The game itself is really great and deserves more discussion.

mao2

6qD6HGT.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted but apparently Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology was originally developed for Vita. However, things came to a halt when director Mitsuru Hirata had to go work on Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE. When the team restarted the project, they realized that 3DS market share was way bigger, therefore they decided to put the game on 3DS instead. Source is from an interview in the special artbook included in Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Perfect Edition.
http://krsw.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1498714819/

Not sure if this has been posted but apparently Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology was originally developed for Vita. However, things came to a halt when director Mitsuru Hirata had to go work on Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE. When the team restarted the project, they realized that 3DS market share was way bigger, therefore they decided to put the game on 3DS instead. Source is from an interview in the special artbook included in Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology Perfect Edition.

Well that's devastating. Although I find it difficult to believe that Atlus were working on Vita over 3DS with titles like this at any point, lol.

Saphirax

6qD6HGT.jpg

I was wondering what the purpose of remaking the game for the 3DS was. Now we know. I'm sure it'll be better in the west, but Japan wise they didn't gain anything by putting it on the 3DS.

camo

Well my Slim arrived yesterday. Its a great looking console and I love the matt finish to the plastic BUT oh my, the screen is a country mile away from the OLED. This was the first time I'd seen them side-by-side in the flesh and I'm amazed how different they look. The default Vita background looks like a cobalt-blue on the OLED and a washed out cyan on the Slim. The colour temperature also seems to be a lot warmer. Is this the case on all slims or is it like the 3DS with varying temperatures dependant on the batch.

Oh and any have any UK gaf got their Broken age yet?

jzbluz

6qD6HGT.jpg

I might have bought it for the Vita, but I already have the DS version and see no point in a 3DS version. Same thing for the SMT game.

Also if you're finding it hard in chapter 4, oh man i hate to tell you, it just keeps getting harder. It's not impossible, but I'm finding that i have to really optimize everything, weapons, armour, stats, skills. And if you level up incorrectly, it becomes a real grind because you need more experience but its takes longer and longer to get the experience points, so you really have to have some sort of plan on how you're going to level up your characters.
Yeah, I ended up hitting a wall at the Onsen boss because my party just wasn't good enough. I thought Dark Lord would be a good DPS class against bosses, when it's actually a mob cleaner. And I'm between respec levels, so whatever I do I'm stuck grinding for hours and hours, which I didn't have the patience for. It's a shame, because it was a good game.

Saphirax

Yeah, I ended up hitting a wall at the Onsen boss because my party just wasn't good enough. I thought Dark Lord would be a good DPS class against bosses, when it's actually a mob cleaner. And I'm between respec levels, so whatever I do I'm stuck grinding for hours and hours, which I didn't have the patience for. It's a shame, because it was a good game.

DL can be great for bosses depending on the skills you have.

i-Jest

6qD6HGT.jpg

The disrespect but I'd buy the game on both consoles. I'm crazy like that. Well at least we're still getting Saga so thats nice. On a side note, I bought Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE yesterday on the Eshop. Fun little coincidence I guess.

Awesome, awesome to the max.

DL can be great for bosses depending on the skills you have.
I invested heavily in Megaton Press, since that was apparently DL's "best skill", but it seems very situational and difficult to use consistently. And of fairly limited use in encounters with few enemies.

Saphirax

I invested heavily in Megaton Press, since that was apparently DL's "best skill", but it seems very situational and difficult to use consistently. And of fairly limited use in encounters with few enemies.

Yeah, Megaton Press is mostly for trash mobs. For bosses you'd need Geo Break, Raging Smash or Frost Slash. I went with FS only and didn't have a lot of issues.

You also need Berserk and Power Charge. Use both and then one of those three skils.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/880410582566014976

Guess which game Vita isn't getting~

I wonder if the performance will be just as bad as in the first game.

It's one of those things, it's bad (like Jak II which I've just reviewed) but it's never unplayable. I'm expecting NoA2 to be even worse since they've swapped the PS3 for Switch version this time (a platform they have less experience on), but I'm hoping it'll be alright like the first one.

Cmerrill

Well my Slim arrived yesterday. Its a great looking console and I love the matt finish to the plastic BUT oh my, the screen is a country mile away from the OLED. This was the first time I'd seen them side-by-side in the flesh and I'm amazed how different they look. The default Vita background looks like a cobalt-blue on the OLED and a washed out cyan on the Slim. The colour temperature also seems to be a lot warmer. Is this the case on all slims or is it like the 3DS with varying temperatures dependant on the batch.

Oh and any have any UK gaf got their Broken age yet?

I just got my Aqua Blue one, and there is a screen difference for sure from my OLED - but it's not too bad. Certainly worth it for the better form factor and battery. Just put the OLED away and youll quickly forget the minor difference.

I just got my Aqua Blue one, and there is a screen difference for sure from my OLED - but it's not too bad. Certainly worth it for the better form factor and battery. Just out the OLED away and youll quickly forget the minor difference.

I'm a OLED fan but I have both versions and play with the Slim once in a while a few games. The difference is big if you are used to the OLED screen, but it's totally fine once you play a bit with it. The Slim is just so nice and comfy, I'm wondering myself why I'm always returning to my OLED one. I think I love them both, just for different reasons.

Cmerrill

I'm a OLED fan but I have both versions and play with the Slim once in a while a few games. The difference is big if you are used to the OLED screen, but it's totally fine once you play a bit with it. The Slim is just so nice and comfy, I'm wondering myself why I'm always returning to my OLED one. I think I love them both, just for different reasons.

If only the slim had the OLED screen...

Cmerrill

Does anyone else's ps vita slim cartridge flap kind of stick up a bit? Mine closes, but seems to not rest flush against the system.

Top Bottom